Harry stoneham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry stoneham

Not heard good old Harry mentioned for a while but I was listening to an easy comp on my way too and from work today and I found myself wondering where the hell the track "the Raver" comes from? I think I have most of his commercial output and it aint on any of them - did he do any library work?

Lord Thames? Anyone?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

I think it's a track from a session recorded for Rediffusion - though, as the discography elsewhere on this very forum shows, I don't think this ever made it to commercial release. (Well, not on Rediffusion anyway, but they may have licensed it out. Never seen one, though.)

He did some library work for Apollo Sound, under his own name, and the pseudonyms Dick Hunter and Ted Nord.

Comment

Cheers for that.

Did you get that TRex/TOTPs LP OK?
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Oh yes, I did. Thanks for that - I'm surprised I've never seen one before!

Comment

Is that the one I had? I got the one with 2001 the other day. Its pretty good!
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

What, the Top Of The Pops version? Yeah, it&#39;s pretty good, especially as Bruce Baxter probably had only a couple of hours to do it in.

I&#39;ve got a spare of that and the Barbara Moore &#39;12 Tops&#39; version, if anyone&#39;s interested&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]Not heard good old Harry mentioned for a while...
              Leeee,

Kinda thought the same thing myself - until I saw Towny&#39;s chart &#33;&#33;

I love that piccie sleeve of Parky and &#39;Arry enjoying two generous scotches on Parky&#39;s boat

...marvellous...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Nice chart Towny mate, there be some right fookin&#39; swingers there, &#39;an that Basil Kirchen looks right wierd in a cool kinda way, if it&#39;s anything like &#39;Quantum&#39; on Trunk, then it&#39;s a strange, strange trip indeed.
                derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                X