Best tv theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tv theme

There's a vote on the BBC site just now for the best "cult" TV theme, And "Red Dwarf" is winning......aaaaargh!

I've managed to vote for both "White Horses" and "the Protectors" so far

(sorry, lost the link to this somewhere along the line)
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

A dead heat between 'Water Margin' and 'Flashing Blade' for me. Are they on there?

Benicio

PS And 'Words and Pictures'. God, telly were good when I worra nipper.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Ok, my turn, 'Crystal tips and alistair' and 'Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy'.
      derelicts of dialect

Comment

bloody hell - what top turns, especially "words and pictures"!!! oh and hitchhikers...and the others.

ok - how about "roobarb" and "heads and tails" (on the childhood thing).

Comment

Heh heh, this one's 'got legs' i rekon. fookin' marvelous, now i'm sat here ter regressing to me childhood, tryin' ter remember loads 'o' fookin' kids tv from 'back in the day', grrrr, i feel a 'Primal scream' commin' on!!!!
          derelicts of dialect

Comment

Heh heh, this one's 'got legs' i rekon. fookin' marvelous, now i'm sat here regressing to me childhood, tryin' ter remember loads 'o' fookin' kids tv from 'back in the day', grrrr, i feel a 'Primal scream' commin' on!!!!
            derelicts of dialect

Comment

derelicts of dialect

Comment

"look and read" had some bloody good incidental stuff going on, courtesy of the radiophonic workshop - you must remember all those songs...

"why don't you build yourself a word", "dog detective", "magic e" ??

http://www.lookandread.fsnet.co.uk/downloads/index.html

Comment

Fookin' ell there's one called 'Geordie Racer', big Sie have you seen this?,
                  bet it don't have an electronic/Radiophonic version of 'Fog on the Tyne' or
                  'When the boat comes in' eh? fookin' class Wooly!

derelicts of dialect

Comment

"geordie racer" was a top story - a classic look & read if ever there was one.

i'm certain sie must know about it.

Comment

I reckon so, cooome on Sie!! fookin' haway man!.
                      derelicts of dialect

Comment

Here's that link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3080318.stm

Sadly non of the above mentioned tunes are in the poll - My faves would be "Joe 90" - the proper version with the intro that sounds like someone farting in the bath and "Teddy Edward" - that must be McNair on the flute?

Comment

More likely it was Johnny Scott who played the flute on Teddy Edward, seeing as how he wrote it (it's 'Glad Gadabout' off the KPM LP 'The World Of Johnny Scott', by the way.)

No list of TV themes is complete without the theme from 'Target' by Dudley Simpson - absolutely fantastic! I'd also second Signor Del Toro's nomination of 'The Flashing Blade'.

'Red Dwarf' - pah!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] ]More likely it was Johnny Scott who played the flute on Teddy Edward
                              .....erm, yes I went and checked AFTER I'd posted - must remember to do it the other way round in future.

Comment

I'd take 'Monkey' over 'Water Margin', personally, but they're both nice, and it's probably because I actually understood Monkey as a nipper, while The Water Margin was totally incomprehensible... (and I assume everyone here knows that  Monkey himself was in super cool 60s Japanese beat-garage-psych group The Spiders...). And on the Radiphonics theme, I guess the original Dr Who remains very obvious, but a stone classic anyway...

But what about Bod? They don't come shorter or sweeter than that little folk-funk masterpiece, do they?
                              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
                              X