Today's booty!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's booty!!

Went out bright and breezy this morning to scour the charities to see what delights I could find, and here they are:

12"'

Brenda Taylor - You Can't Have your Cake and Eat it - No idea what this is or why I bought it! One shop had around 200 12" from the late 70's to early 80's. I probably missed tons of good stuff

Manfredo Fest - Jungle Kitten - Greta track and really nice to find on 12"

Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full 7 minutes of madness - (Double)

Captain Sky - Them Changes

Blue Feathers - Let's Funk Tonight - Dutch outfit whose Lp I've been trying to locate.

The Real Roxanne - Bang Zoom / Howie's Teed Off

BT Express - Do it Till You're Satisfied

Beastie Boys - She's On it - (Double)

Malcolm McLaren - Do you Like Scratchin'?

Tom Jones Section

Again not sure why I bought all these. Found them all in one shop for 20p each. That could explain it!

Tom
    From the Heart
    Green, Green Grass of Home
    Close UP
    This is

Flexis

Found a ;oad of flexis in one shop. Mainly Readers Digest ones and these:

Ladbrookes Holidays - We're all Going on a Ladbrookes Holiday
    Sainsbury - Listen to your Career
    Ready Brek - Sacha's Song and Footprints on the Moon by Johnny Harris. Quite what this combination has to do with Ready Brek I'm not sure!

LP's

Mike Leander - Migration
    Roy Etzel - Pop Journal 2
    James Last - Beach Party 2
    George Shearing - Bossa Nova
    Paul Hardcastle - S/T
    The Young Generation - S/T (Double)
    Peter matz - Quadrophonic
    Machito, Puente, Loco - Mambo Caravan
    John Gregory - Gregory Conducts - A face in the clouds, etc (Double)
    Geoff Love - Star Wars and other Space Themes - I don't see this one as much as the others. (Double)
    Stanley Myers - No way to Treat a Lady Soundtrack - At least 2 great psych funk tracks on here (Double)
    Elkie Brooks - Live and Learn - Found a double of this lp which was recently discussed on the board.
    Hot Limbo Fire - On the back of this lp are oictures of Nico Gomez's Ritual and Bossa Nova and Baretto's Hard Hands. This is obviously from the same stable. Hope it's as good.

That's your lot

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Captain Sky - Them Changes
    Is that the Buddy Miles tune? What's it like?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

wow you found a lot...
      love the stanley myers nice one
      ...mercuryvenusearthmars...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Sep. 06 2003,17:30)]Brenda Taylor - You Can't Have your Cake and Eat it - No idea what this is or why I bought it! One shop had around 200 12" from the late 70's to early 80's. I probably missed tons of good stuff
        Mmmm sounds like a fantastic place ! If you don't like the Brenda Taylor holler and i'll be up for a trade Is it on West end ?
        SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Yes the Captain Sky track Them Changes is a reworking of the Buddy Miles original and yes the Brenda Taylor is on West End.

Comment

llmod, how do you fit in a job, finding all these things, & listening to them...? must be more hours of music dug there than in the weekend!!

a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Sep. 06 2003,18:14)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]Captain Sky - Them Changes
              Is that the Buddy Miles tune? What's it like?
              It's kind of a disco-y/p-funky/old skool hip hop thing. I rather like it.

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]llmod, how do you fit in a job, finding all these things, & listening to them...? must be more hours of music dug there than in the weekend!!
              That's the big problem isn't it. Not enough hours in the day. I need an extra life just to listen to all the music I have collected.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Sep. 06 2003,17:30)]One shop had around 200 12" from the late 70's to early 80's. I probably missed tons of good stuff
                Argh! Where?
                http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Deepest, Darkest Kent

I'm going to go back next week with my portable just in case!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Sep. 07 2003,12:38)]Deepest, Darkest Kent

I'm going to go back next week with my portable just in case!
                    I was gonna say: get me a list and tell you the good ones.
                    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

If the shop are funny about me using my portable I'll do that. Thanks Bill

Comment

Working...
                      X