Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teddy rosso
    replied
    I used to catch them on BBC PRIME, but I'm not in favor of a satellite reciever any more so no go :/ I remember one show with a very laughable Pete Cook with his usual classy self-ironic style. Maybe there is a best of MP vhs or dvd to be bought somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (teddy rosso @ Sep. 08 2003,09:58)]hay! That guy on the right, Isn't that the BBC interviewer?!  .. with lots of classic shows with stars like Mohammer Ali, Pete Cook etc?
    I used to love his shows, Michael Parkinson?
    Indeed. The BBC went through a stage - most likely during a summer 'dead season' - of showing 'classic' Parkie interviews, which because I have no life to speak of, I was always in front of the TV to watch.

On top of those you mentioned, the mid seventies one with Bette Midler was fantastic. She *has* to be the basis for Miss Piggy, in the nicest possible way.

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    that's right... stoneham's was the house band...

Leave a comment:

• teddy rosso
    replied
    hay! That guy on the right, Isn't that the BBC interviewer?!  .. with lots of classic shows with stars like Mohammer Ali, Pete Cook etc?
    I used to love his shows, Michael Parkinson?

Leave a comment:

• Blighty
    replied
    Here's another album I only ever kept for the sleeve. Top banana.

Leave a comment:

• lemoncat
    replied
    whoops! one towny charted..makes me burst out laghing everytime i see this..classic and so is the album with parky's theme..macarthur park..and it all happens great stuff

Leave a comment:

• lemoncat
    started a topic Harry stoneham

Harry stoneham

Working...
X