Sunday best...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday best...

sunday, had a bit of a chuck-out, cleared a load of old junk out of the flat, boxed it up and went down the tip to dump it.

had a natter to the bloke at the tip about an old stereo we were getting rid of which half-works, and he says 'put it in here', and opens this little lock-up.

anyway, as i'm putting the stereo in the shed i spy a not-insubstantial stack of records, thinking 'you never know...', and casually ask the bloke what they are.

so then he says the magic words (apologies, he was pretty offensive) 'oh, you don't want those, they're all n****r music' so of course i start getting the sweats and ask him what he's gonna do with 'em.

he goes 'well, they're water-damaged anyway so you can have 'em' seeing as he's just fleeced us for this stereo.

result: about 50 12s and LPs of all sorts, from Nigerian pressings of Sunny Ade from the early 70s through Fela Kuti on Creole through early electro (Egyptian Lover) and dancefloor funk and soul from the 80s (Midas Touch accapella! yes! er, Sermad?)... still going through 'em, and while a few are indeed water-damaged, most of 'em are in surprisingly good shape and well playable, mostly VG or better...

as you can imagine, the missus was really impressed with that... came back with almost as much junk as we started with!
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (theeman @ Sep. 08 2003,09:52)]so then he says the magic words (apologies, he was pretty offensive) 'oh, you don't want those, they're all n****r music' so of course i start getting the sweats and ask him what he's gonna do with 'em.
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who has neighbours who think that it's ok to be casually racist in conversation with you because you're '...not one of them...'.

Good score Ed, made all the better by the circumstances. Result !
    Matt Hero

Comment

Working...
    X