Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finds and freebies

Morning all.

I have noticed lately that I've been using you people as a safety net, I've been picking up records in charity shops and at car boots not minding that I'm risking it in areas where I have little or no knowledge cos I say to myself 'One of the vultures will want it even if I don't!".

So, I see myself as providing something of a public service here.

My last week of digging hasn't been the most fruitful ever, but I've done OK. I may even take the plunge in doing a chart for next month's update at this rate. Here's what I found that's of note:

(In a shop)

Isis - S/T (Buddah)

(On flea market)

DeWolfe - Trendsetter
    DeWolfe - Millennium
    Bosworth - Brassy & Rhythmic
    Themes - Light Activity
    Chappell - Music By Pete Moore

(Car Boot)

BBC Radiophonic Workshop - Fourth Dimension (BBC)
    Various - James Brown's Funky People Vol2 (Urban)
    Burt Bacharach - Butch Cassidy OST (A&M/Hamlet)
    Koichi Oki - Yamaha Superstar (Ad-Rhythm)
    18th Century Corporation - Burt Bacharach Baroque (Sunset)
    Guitars Unlimited - Fantastic Sound Of... (Phase 4)
    Johnny Pearson - Touch Me In The Morning (Penny Farthing)

(Charity Shops)

Artie Kornfeld Tree - A Time To Remember! (Dunhill/ABC)
    John Dankworth - Off Duty (Phillips)
    Paul Mauriat - Stereo Spectacular (Phillips)
    Carpenters - Ticket To Ride (A&M/Hamlet)
    Alan Haven - Images (Phillips)
    Miles Davis - In Europe (Can't remember&#33
    Modern Jazz Quartet - European Concert Vol2 (Can't remember&#33
    Flip Nunez - My Own Time and Space (Catalyst)
    John Porter Trio - Jazz In Landscape (Apollo)

Some of these will be kept, some will go to the guy on the flea market to exchange for more juicy stuff and some are here and now for anyone who would like to pay me some postage money and take them on a free transfer:

FREEBIES!!

Carpenters - Ticket To Ride (A&M/Hamlet)
    Alan Haven - Images (Phillips)
    Koichi Oki - Yamaha Superstar (Ad-Rhythm)
    18th Century Corporation - Burt Bacharach Baroque (Sunset)
    James Last - Beachparty 3 (Polydor)
    James Last - Non-Stop Dancing 13 (Polydor)
    Magic Roundabout - Dougal and the Blue Cat (MFP)

Same as ever, first come, first served. And if you reserve something, please crack on with taking it (Yes Lee, I'm talking about you!&#33.

Benicio

PS Did anyone see On The Ball on Saturday? Using Terry Callier's 'Ordinary Joe' as the background music to footage of England's players, in particular Michael Owen? Shame Mr Callier didn't write a more appropriate ditty like 'Cheating Little Twat'.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

James Last - Beachparty 3 (Polydor)

could i go for these, ben?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Sep. 08 2003,10:49)]Koichi Oki - Yamaha Superstar (Ad-Rhythm)
      Can I have these ones?

Bundle them in with the Radio Clyde stuff, and I'll bung yer a cheque when my new book arrives.

Ta!

Comment

Shamed in public - my humble apologies - cheque will go in post tonight or I can paypal you this very second if you like?
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Hi,

could I have the magic roundabout and the james last non stop dancing pls?

PP me your address and I'll put a cheque in the post for postage.

Cheers

Comment

This one please, Ben.

Cheers.

Comment

Ben, any chance of laying hands on the Bacharach Baroque one? Let me know postage details (or I could always stand you a coffee/beer one lunchbreak...)
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Boys, thanks for that.

Prices:

Wooly, Thames and Jonky - £2.50 each
                Blighty - £1.60
                Wayne - Tell me a good place to drop it off on my way home or something!

My address:

Ben Vallance
                Highfield
                Abbey Lane
                Aslockton
                Notts
                NG13 9AE

Cheers fellas.

Benicio

PS If anyone is so moved by my generosity that they'd like to sort me out with some 'shrooms (it's almost time&#33, that would be cool as I can't be ragged with tramping through muddy fields in Derbyshire to pick my own!
                Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Benicio Del Toffo @ Sep. 09 2003,14:36)]Wayne - Tell me a good place to drop it off on my way home or something!

PS If anyone is so moved by my generosity that they'd like to sort me out with some 'shrooms (it's almost time&#33, that would be cool as I can't be ragged with tramping through muddy fields in Derbyshire to pick my own!
                  Depends where you're working: city centre? (quite like the Atlas coffee shop next to the spec shop off Market Sq sometimes...or the Broadway bar). Maybe the Alley Cafe for that nouveau hippies vibe if you're up the other end and hitting Rob's/Barnardos on your way...

As for the 'shrooms, I'd forgotten about that - used to live in the wilds of West Wales & pick a bagful every day in season off of me own lawn...God, I miss the countryside...
                  a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Shall I just add that to the cost of the Radio Clyde LPs then?

My Blankety Blank chequebook and pen hasn't arrived yet, but I'll sort you out as soon as they do!

Comment

"Shall I just add that to the cost of the Radio Clyde LPs then?"

Yeah, add it on. I'll send them separately though as a) the mailers are too cramped for any additions and b) they're getting too heavy and Parcel Force (and the concomitant price changes) would be involved.

Benicio
                      Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Working...
                      X