Beat actione vol 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat actione vol 2

I've managed to google up a tracklist for vol.1 of this set, but nothing for vol.2 (the one with 'Crystal Telephone' on it) anywhere on the www that I can see... Some great tracks, & it's sending me nuts not knowing what they are! Any help appreciated!
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

vol 2? i didn't know there was one!

Comment

A certain person *ahem* wouldnt let me have one of his stored copies. Perhaps I can beat him up for the tracklisting....or maybe not!
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

vol 1 has the tracklisting on the sleeve (excluding a couple the extracts), surprised vol 2 doesn&#39;t... anywhere have this in stock? is it recent?

Comment

I assume the actual issues have tracklists, but this is a cd-r...a boot of a boot, I guess&#33;
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

oooh, what else is on it? maybe it was never released? i know people have done CDRs of other unreleased comps, shelved from licensing or budget issues...

vol 1 is excellent

Comment

Well, I wish I knew what else was on it - though I recognise &#39;Crystal Telephone&#39;. A rough run through, though, is sort of as follows:

1: slow, psych-funky number with a chorus that goes &#39;what&#39;s happening to me&#39; amid lyrics about &#39;bloodstained coat, broken glass, too much grass&#39; etc.

2: spacey, electronic cut with voice in italian reciting what sounds like poetry, which goes off into funereal, spooky voices over slow, funky drums &amp; bass with piano...

3: soundtracky cut, shuffling drums &amp; flutey classical sounds.

4: Heavy &#39;black mass&#39; type cut with churchy voices over hard drums...

5: Upbeat piano, looped spacey sounds, phased drums...instro.

6: Percussion, kettle-drumrolls...instro.

7: Fuzz guitar, mad effects, fast tempo, &#39;da-da-da&#39; voices with what sound like occasional &#39;whiplash&#39; effects...

8: Slow jazzy bass, distant sax riff, drums...then ultra-distorted electric guitar noises coming in.

9: Spacey echoes, nice rhythm guitar chops, strings, angelic wordless voices in a kind of Morricone/Ella D&#39;Orso style...

10: Strings, organ, more Morricone style wordless voices, slow tempo...

11: Crackly pop song in Italian, hard to describe, but rather lovely...

12: Bedroom style beats &amp; electric piano number with vibes...

13: Organ, female singer doing a song that begins &#39;When You Went away the first time the words were so very hard to find&#39;...very soft sound...

14: Gospelly voices, flute, drums...trumpet lines.

15: Terry Durham?: Crystal Telephone

Uh, that&#39;s the best I can do right now&#33;

Comment

There&#39;s definitely a tracklist for Volume 2 knocking about. There used to be a website with both on but it&#39;s long gone now. My copies came from Mr Cope so maybe he can help.

Comment

love the descriptions - proper library style&#33;

a CDR would be fantastic if anyone is kind enough to do that

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]12: Bedroom style beats &amp; electric piano number with vibes...
                    That&#39;s Stark Reality. That&#39;s the only one I know.

Comment

Bongolia - if your coming tonight then you can find out for sure.
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

excellent. and i have a dodgy Norrie Paramor for you from Simeon, you crazy Nick Ingman completist

Comment

Did anyone ever find the trackie for Vol2? Please post it up - please&#33;
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

just listening to this this morning (cheers Blighty&#33; ), 11-15 in particular are lovely, had to listen to them about 3 times. heard the Crystal Telephone before at Brillo but nice to hear it on headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Sep. 17 2003,15:25)]Did anyone ever find the trackie for Vol2? Please post it up - please&#33;
                              No luck yet, but all contributions welcome&#33;&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X