Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ebay sellers, what do you think??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    As a seller I always leave feedback when I've sold an item. As a buyer I only ever return feedback.

    As a seller I've one negative which was from someone who tried to renegotiate the price after he'd received an item. Annoyingly, he was german and had private feedback with a quite a few negatives and I suspect that he does this with quite a few high value items but you just can't see. Private feedback irks me.

    At the end of the day though it's only one neg amongst hundreds of positives. People can see that I'm an honest seller and they can see that he's (probably) a less honest buyer. I was able to book a holiday for me and the (then) missus with the £750 that I sold the computer game for with a clear conscience

    WF

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Joe M'geek
      is able to understand that I, unlike some record dealers, have a life




      !
      word.
      MODZ
      Hero No.9
      Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
      THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Joe M'geek
        Don't buy records from me, then- end of story. I'm honest about it, therefore there is no problem from anyone bar the illiterate. I've got 99.9% feedback (one neg detailed earlier), and luckily enough almost everyone in the ebay community I've dealt with is able to understand that I, unlike some record dealers, have a life






        PS- why is someone who swaps money for a record a 'so called record seller'. At the end of the day, grading a record and selling it for money isn't rocket science, and I, and many other people who sell records on the 'bay who wouldn't meet your criteria do a darned sight better job at it than tonnes of so called 'professional' sellers. I've had many more skimmed and overpriced, overgraded records from 'professional record dealers' at record fairs than off the bay!
        actually it was the fact that you were calling your buyers "whinging mofos" that didn't come across too well.but,heh,if they can't read properly,fuck 'em,right?



        swapping records for money is in plain language 'selling records'. a person who sells records is in plain language called a 'record seller'.no i agree,rocket science isn't involved.since you've used 'my criteria' in your argument i wonder if you'd be so good as to tell me exactly what 'my criteria' are?
        if you set yourself up online to sell records then you are suggesting to the buying public that you know roughly what you are doing.just the same as if you were to set up a tuck shop in the school playground your mate would assume that you know the difference between a mars bar and an out of date tube of smarties...

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by platerpus
          if you set yourself up online to sell records then you are suggesting to the buying public that you know roughly what you are doing...
          Not on ebay though surely - caveat emptor made flesh. But you're quite right, you've got the same statutory rights on ebay as you do in HMV.
          Mixes, compilations and the like

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by taiconderoga
            I sold a rare $200 pokora album. I've just received a message from the buyer saying the record has a skip on one track, he tells how he has played it on two different turntables, changed the weight, etc but it still skips and he wants to send back the record to check out and a refund. I'm 100% sure it doesn't skip, I've played it many times without any problem. I've already left positive feedback for him, same day I received the payment.

            So, what would you do?? If I don't take back the record and don't make a refund, he could left me a negative. In the end , I've told him to send back the record and I'll make a refund minus postage.

            this has been happening more and more to me, so iv'e decided to somehow 'mark' the vinyls before sending - i was thinking one of those pens that can only be seen with ultraviolet light. I have a feeling some buyers are using ebay to upgrade copies of lps they already have.
            http://www.iueke.com/

            Comment


            • #36
              Lets pull out all the other ebay-gripes. Surely there's some we've missed.

              Like the tosser in Germany who just told me he doesn't care if the record hasn't turned up as its none of his business. On the same day I refunded a seller for a german lp that never arrived. It's not like we haven't done that one before. And to tie it in he has left me positive feedback already so I can happily neg him if he doesn;t pony up.

              On the original point I'm conceptually with Rich that the seller should leave feedback first, of course thats open to abuse but I reckon sellers have more scope than buyers to abuse things.

              And even more so with Sarge - online buying has revolutionised both what I can get and allowed me to sell a bunch of crap records to pay for it. Brilliant. Not going to let a few bad experiences sour me on what has been overwhelmingly positive.
              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

              John Peel

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by iueke
                this has been happening more and more to me, so iv'e decided to somehow 'mark' the vinyls before sending - i was thinking one of those pens that can only be seen with ultraviolet light. I have a feeling some buyers are using ebay to upgrade copies of lps they already have.
                I heard somebody at the Lancaster Catholic record fair brag about doing just this. And the dealer he was talking to gave him a high-five!
                http://hidingplaceplace.com/

                Comment


                • #38
                  ebay aint so bad ya?.............ahem.
                  http://cgi.ebay.nl/PCP-Longsleeve-sh...ayphotohosting
                  Last edited by SARGE; 09-05-2006, 04:26 PM.
                  MODZ
                  Hero No.9
                  Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                  THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by platerpus
                    actually it was the fact that you were calling your buyers "whinging mofos" that didn't come across too well.but,heh,if they can't read properly,fuck 'em,right?
                    Um, yes, that's right. If someone can't be arsed to read my perfectly reasonable auction conditions, indeed, fuck them, like I said, 99% of people are normal well adjusted adults who don't have a problem, but you do get some gimps wth a chip on their shoulder.


                    Originally posted by platerpus
                    swapping records for money is in plain language 'selling records'. a person who sells records is in plain language called a 'record seller'.no i agree,rocket science isn't involved.since you've used 'my criteria' in your argument i wonder if you'd be so good as to tell me exactly what 'my criteria' are?
                    if you set yourself up online to sell records then you are suggesting to the buying public that you know roughly what you are doing.just the same as if you were to set up a tuck shop in the school playground your mate would assume that you know the difference between a mars bar and an out of date tube of smarties...
                    I do know exactly what I'm doing. I grade, I get the money I post the record when my schedule allows. I don't lie about the time it might take to post a record and pretty much no-one has a problem with that, except, seemingly yourself.

                    It's your hang up that ebay is populated with loads of people selling records who don't know what they are doing...and frankly I think that's ridiculous, sour grapes born out of the fact dealers can't sell common records for £££ any more.

                    i don't know what your criteria is, perhaps YOU can tell me...it's you making a distinction between people who flog records on ebay, and record dealers...implying that you somehow get a better service off a 'pro'
                    Last edited by Joe M'geek; 09-05-2006, 04:39 PM.
                    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman
                      Not on ebay though surely - caveat emptor made flesh. But you're quite right, you've got the same statutory rights on ebay as you do in HMV.
                      are you sure? i thought that eBay transactions were not (even in the case of UK-UK vendor-purchaser instances) covered by the Sale of Goods Act. there might be remedies through the common law, but then, it has been 12 years since i left law behind, so that could all be total bollocks.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Well, if the person selling is a 'trader' or a 'business' - which they have to disprove if you suggest it - then Sale Of Goods Act does apply and the goods have to be 'fit for purpose' (ie bragging about online).

                        If its a private seller it doesn't apply but there may well be remedies under contract law (especially if the seller has stated things about the record). I'd love to see the small claims court give a definition of 'near mint'...
                        Mixes, compilations and the like

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Joe M'geek
                          Um, yes, that's right. If someone can't be arsed to read my perfectly reasonable auction conditions, indeed, fuck them, like I said, 99% of people are normal well adjusted adults who don't have a problem, but you do get some gimps wth a chip on their shoulder.




                          I do know exactly what I'm doing. I grade, I get the money I post the record when my schedule allows. I don't lie about the time it might take to post a record and pretty much no-one has a problem with that, except, seemingly yourself.

                          It's your hang up that ebay is populated with loads of people selling records who don't know what they are doing...and frankly I think that's ridiculous, sour grapes born out of the fact dealers can't sell common records for £££ any more.

                          i don't know what your criteria is, perhaps YOU can tell me...it's you making a distinction between people who flog records on ebay, and record dealers...implying that you somehow get a better service off a 'pro'



                          i know somebody who can't read.he can read basic stuff but only very basic,does that make him a cunt? he's perfectly well adjusted and one of the nicest blokes i know.

                          i have no problem with you selling records on ebay.i merely pointed out that by saying "fuck anyone who has a prpblem with me taking 10 days to post out records and fuck anyone who can't read" was maybe a little on the harsh side and that it doesn't seem like a very good customer service.just my opinion and i thought i'd share it with you.

                          i'm in no way hung up on the fact that ebay is full of people selling records who don't know what they're doing.i buy from them regularly and have no gripes as i make quite good money from them.i was trying to suggest that if the 'ebay climate' was a bit different than it currently is then maybe there would be less 'thieves' making claim backs etc.

                          as for 'my criteria' of what makes a record seller a record seller ity's simply that they sell records either online or offline.again,you seem to have misunderstood my point here,you were using 'my criteria' in your argument to try to show that i am wrong and you are right.you did this without knowing what my criteria were.this is generally the kind behaviour displayed by insecure folk who will simply bullshit in order to try to win an argument.again,just my personal observation.in fact,now you claim it's me making the distinction between record dealers and those who sell on ebay.but it was you asking me why "swapping records for cash on ebay" meant you were a record seller.is this not making a distinction?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Sorry guys, but as a regular seller (not just records) i now will not leave feedback unless the buyer does so for me first. I`ve been caught out a good few times now by buyers (usually new users with just a couple of feedbacks) who leave unwaranted negs.

                            It`s also a good way of know that your item was delivered safely. Once they leave feedback you know they have it, and so can throw out your proof of postage reciept.
                            "I`m not saying that i think guitars are better than women, but i don`t know too many guys who fell out of love with their guitar" - Les Paul

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by platerpus
                              saying "fuck anyone who has a prpblem with me taking 10 days to post out records and fuck anyone who can't read" was maybe a little on the harsh side and that it doesn't seem like a very good customer service.
                              Originally posted by Joe M'geek
                              I just can't be arsed to get it together to post stuff until about ten days after the auction finishes...I warn people about this in my listings, but you still get the odd mofo who whinges.
                              There's a definite difference there...What I said was reasonable, and your objection involves a whole load of your own 'issues' and wilful misreadings being added to that.

                              Originally posted by platerpus
                              now you claim it's me making the distinction between record dealers and those who sell on ebay.
                              What, like here?

                              Originally posted by platerpus
                              the biggest problem with ebay isn't the so called 'thieves' buying records and demanding refunds.....it's the large number of so called 'record sellers' who have no idea what they're doing.
                              Your attitude gets my goat- there's an implication behind everything you say on this matter, that there's some special qualification you only deserve if you're a 'proper' record dealer.

                              Originally posted by platerpus
                              i know somebody who can't read.he can read basic stuff but only very basic,does that make him a cunt? he's perfectly well adjusted and one of the nicest blokes i know.
                              Yes, that's exactly what i said. All illiterate people are cunts.

                              Originally posted by platerpus
                              but it was you asking me why "swapping records for cash on ebay" meant you were a record seller.is this not making a distinction?
                              Again, you're talking guff. I made the point that the act of swapping cash for records makes you a record seller, not a 'so called record seller' as you put it. No dark magic, no years of involved training, just taking yer fifty pee and handing over the plastic
                              Last edited by Joe M'geek; 09-05-2006, 06:14 PM.
                              "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by SARGE
                                ebay aint so bad ya?.............ahem.
                                http://cgi.ebay.nl/PCP-Longsleeve-sh...ayphotohosting
                                Sarge, how the hell did you find this? You weren't looking for a long-sleeve shirt were you?
                                http://hidingplaceplace.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X