Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ebay sellers, what do you think??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Si Cheeba
    excellent...it's like the comedy scene where a guy doesn't want mayo on his sandwich - but the waitress says they are out of mayo anyway - so can he have it without mustard. No way - says the guy. I only want it without mayo !

    jack nicholson in five easy pieces...
    when they stop off at the diner after picking up the hitchhikers...

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by platerpus
      jack nicholson in five easy pieces...
      when they stop off at the diner after picking up the hitchhikers...
      I'd like an order of toast...
      http://hidingplaceplace.com/

      Comment


      • #63
        I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.
        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by john stapleton
          I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.
          But he's after toast, if I remember rightly. So he asks to have the chicken salad left off, too.
          http://hidingplaceplace.com/

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by beddoes
            But he's after toast, if I remember rightly. So he asks to have the chicken salad left off, too.
            you want me to hold the chicken?

            I want you to hold it between your knees.


            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by john stapleton
              you want me to hold the chicken?

              I want you to hold it between your knees.


              Lately I've wondered how good that film really is. For years I loved it, but revisiting it a couple weeks ago, I was surprised to find myself disapproving of both its rote anti-establishment sentiments and, especially, its misogyny and juvenile glorification of loneliness.
              http://hidingplaceplace.com/

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by beddoes
                Lately I've wondered how good that film really is. For years I loved it, but revisiting it a couple weeks ago, I was surprised to find myself disapproving of both its rote anti-establishment sentiments and, especially, its misogyny and juvenile glorification of loneliness.
                amazing film.
                saw it again a few weeks ago for the first time in a few years and i'd forgotten the ending...very sad film,to my mind it's not glorifying the things you mention,quite the opposite.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by platerpus
                  amazing film.
                  saw it again a few weeks ago for the first time in a few years and i'd forgotten the ending...very sad film,to my mind it's not glorifying the things you mention,quite the opposite.
                  I used to feel the way you do. But now I'm convinced that virtually every film I've ever seen about loners glorifies their loneliness. I wrote an essay last year about the difficulties in depicting loneliness in art, and I focussed specifically on film --how, problematically, there's always a sympathetic, intimate viewer "present", wch introduces into the scenario precisely what cannot exist there. The real horror of loneliness is that nobody is watching and identifying and sympathizing with you. Most of the time you simply don't exist for other people. But a lonely man in a film ALWAYS exists for the viewer...

                  Probably bullshit, but it got something out of my system...
                  Last edited by beddoes; 10-05-2006, 11:23 PM.
                  http://hidingplaceplace.com/

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by beddoes
                    I used to feel the way you do. But now I'm convinced that virtually every film I've ever seen about loners glorifies their loneliness. I wrote an essay last year about the difficulties in depicting loneliness in art, and I focussed specifically on film --how, problematically, there's always a sympathetic, intimate viewer "present", wch introduces into the scenario precisely what cannot exist there. The real horror of loneliness is that nobody is watching and identifying and sympathizing with you. Most of the time you simply don't exist for other people. But a lonely man in a film ALWAYS exists for the viewer...

                    Probably bullshit, but it got something out of my system...
                    too philosophical for me i'm afraid! art requires an observer in order to exist as art right? otherwise it's just some kind of personal journey.
                    you could say the same for any character in any film? not just a lonely character.art will always be influenced by the fact that it's designed to be viewed by an outsider...is this what you're saying?
                    but how can you focus that argument specifically on the portrayel of loneliness in film? it applies across the board.
                    you can't say,no,this can't be accurate because the guy acting this character knew he was being observed...

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by platerpus
                      too philosophical for me i'm afraid! art requires an observer in order to exist as art right? otherwise it's just some kind of personal journey.
                      you could say the same for any character in any film? not just a lonely character.art will always be influenced by the fact that it's designed to be viewed by an outsider...is this what you're saying?
                      but how can you focus that argument specifically on the portrayel of loneliness in film? it applies across the board.
                      you can't say,no,this can't be accurate because the guy acting this character knew he was being observed...
                      It's hard to compress my argument into a paragraph... I'll send you the whole seventeen page essay, Adam!

                      Don't worry, I'll use it to cushion the records...
                      http://hidingplaceplace.com/

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                        TRUE in both cases.


                        And what a crap argument about buying something from a shop - and they have to order it in - after they take my money. So that means they can take 28 days and that's OK !? !
                        It`s not an arguement, it`s a fact. Mail order companies always state allow 28 days for delivery, to cover themselves in case they are out of stock. I`m not saying it`s ok, but it`s what happens. If you read ebay rules, you should not list items which are not in your possession, so this shouldn`t apply to ebayers.


                        Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                        I don't sell much at all on ebay . !
                        You don`t say
                        Last edited by Teessider; 11-05-2006, 08:52 AM.
                        "I`m not saying that i think guitars are better than women, but i don`t know too many guys who fell out of love with their guitar" - Les Paul

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by beddoes
                          I don't care if a seller leaves me feedback. Some will, some won't -as long as some do, and it's good, why get your panties in a bunch?

                          But as a sometime seller myself I wonder about all you folks who demand instant feedback simply for paying. How many threads need to be started about fraudulent chargebacks and the like before it's crystal clear that ebay is throbbing with thieves and charlatans?
                          Too true!, my bastard huge chargeback happened 46 days after the transaction, & thankfully it gave me the opportunity to leave the scamming twunt negative feedback & include his name so everyone can google him, although I reckon he'll just change his ID....arghhhh I'm beggining to really hate Ebay!
                          .... ..- -. - . .-. ... / -... .. .-.. - --- -. --. / --. ..- .- .-. .- -. - . . -.. / ..-. .-. . ... .... -. . ... ... .-.-.-

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Rather than start a new thread for a trivial query about an ebay seller I thought I'd put it here.

                            Has anyone come across this seller vinool-uk?

                            They are based in Germany are registered to a German address yet I can never filter them out on a UK only search. I've not dealt with them and their feedback looks OK so not a criticism or comment on how legit they are as I have no idea. I'm just interested in how they bypass that filter?

                            Here's an example of a listing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jefferson-...YAAOSwrddY76u6

                            Do a search for that record as an example and tick 'uk only' it will still come up and not under 'international sellers'
                            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                            Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                            Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by amidar View Post
                              Rather than start a new thread for a trivial query about an ebay seller I thought I'd put it here.

                              Has anyone come across this seller vinool-uk?

                              They are based in Germany are registered to a German address yet I can never filter them out on a UK only search. I've not dealt with them and their feedback looks OK so not a criticism or comment on how legit they are as I have no idea. I'm just interested in how they bypass that filter?

                              Here's an example of a listing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jefferson-...YAAOSwrddY76u6

                              Do a search for that record as an example and tick 'uk only' it will still come up and not under 'international sellers'
                              Ive come not come across this particular seller but I have come across a couple of others who I cant filter out using the UK only option, some sellers offer that "Services from outside the UK"

                              Maybe they have a warehouse or shop based somewhere and they liaise with them in the UK or something.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                I don't know mate it's a weird one. I usually manage to filter out those drop ship type places on other things like electronics etc because they usually have a non uk address like this seller. Just curious as I've never come across it before it doesn't seem widespread or it would be annoying as.
                                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                                Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                                Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                                Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X