ebay sellers, what do you think??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay sellers, what do you think??

I sold a rare $200 pokora album. I've just received a message from the buyer saying the record has a skip on one track, he tells how he has played it on two different turntables, changed the weight, etc but it still skips and he wants to send back the record to check out and a refund. I'm 100% sure it doesn't skip, I've played it many times without any problem. I've already left positive feedback for him, same day I received the payment.

So, what would you do?? If I don't take back the record and don't make a refund, he could left me a negative. In the end , I've told him to send back the record and I'll make a refund minus postage.

With the oversuspiciousness here lately... what if - he already had a skipping copy, bought yours and refunds his old one??

Maybe I shouldn't feed the eBay/Paypal frenzy going on here lately...
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by taiconderoga
      In the end , I've told him to send back the record and I'll make a refund minus postage.
      yeah, i'd go for this, presumably it's an lp you would have no problem selling again?
      http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

just dont refund him until you have the LP & are satisfied its the one you sent him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb
          With the oversuspiciousness here lately... what if - he already had a skipping copy, bought yours and refunds his old one??

Maybe I shouldn't feed the eBay/Paypal frenzy going on here lately...
          that's one of the things that came to my mind at first. Or maybe he doesn't like the record after hearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin hatton
            yeah, i'd go for this, presumably it's an lp you would have no problem selling again?
            yeah, sure, it's one of the currently sought after pokoras. anyway I'm very pissed off, it's the first time a thing like this happens to me. I've should not leave feedback so quick.

Comment

Originally posted by taiconderoga
              yeah, sure, it's one of the currently sought after pokoras. anyway I'm very pissed off, it's the first time a thing like this happens to me. I've should not leave feedback so quick.
              If I've sold an item, I always wait to receive feedback from the buyer before leaving mine...
              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton
                If I've sold an item, I always wait to receive feedback from the buyer before leaving mine...
                yeah, me too, best to make sure they're happy with the item first....
                http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

I'm of the opinion that sellers should leave feedback as soon as they recieve payment as the buyer has completed his end of the deal at this point.
                  We Love 99% Of Our Buyers Too As They Are Freat To Deal With

Comment

That's actually a real pet hate of mine on eBay. As a buyer, my part of the contract is completed once I've paid. Therefore the seller can leave and should leave feedback once they've received their money. Whereas what I'm paying for - the seller's side of the contract - isn't completed until I receive the goods, as described. So sellers don't need to receive feedback before posting their own for the buyer, and those who say they'll leave feedback once I've left them positive feedback really get my goat. Interesting to see the two sides - the feedback system as a way of accurately assessing an eBayer's trustworthiness is obviously flawed (not that that's news to anyone).
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                      That's actually a real pet hate of mine on eBay. As a buyer, my part of the contract is completed once I've paid. Therefore the seller can leave and should leave feedback once they've received their money. Whereas what I'm paying for - the seller's side of the contract - isn't completed until I receive the goods, as described. So sellers don't need to receive feedback before posting their own for the buyer, and those who say they'll leave feedback once I've left them positive feedback really get my goat. Interesting to see the two sides - the feedback system as a way of accurately assessing an eBayer's trustworthiness is obviously flawed (not that that's news to anyone).
                      Yes I agree, Ebay should implement a system where the seller has to leave feedback within 48 hours of recieving payment or they lose the option too.
                      Especially as seeing that many sellers insist on payment within a certain time period and then sometimes wait up to a week or more before posting items...

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb
                        ...or scratched the one you sent?
                        Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

As for feedback, it's true that the buyers have completed the contract when they've paid (which is when I leave feedback as well, for ease more than anything) but that's not all your leaving feedback on. It's on the whole process - if a buyer does something genuinely fraudulent after they've paid, surely the feedback should reflect this?
                          Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

what if the buyer after completing payment then turns into an ass and demands refunds or sends records back for no reason or claims not to have recieved it. i dont leve feedback until i know they have the record and are pleased with it. if they are not pleased with it i refund.
                            you are leaving feedback for the buyer for the whole deal not just the payment.
                            ive left feedback for a bloke who bought 7 record i left excellent feedback after he payed, i posted them out. he got them and claimed one was broke, then the most expensive one was broke, wouldnt post them back, wouldnt take a photo of the damage, claimed they were all packaged wrong and i got 7 bad feedbacks for one broken record.
                            now i left him excellent feedback as he payed quickly but over the whole thing the guy was an asshole and should have recieved feedback warning others about the same.
                            his feedback was 100% but what he had left me and loads of other record dealers was awfull. so he must do the same to a lot of people
                            Last edited by Paul-K; 09-05-2006, 11:31 AM.
                            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman
                              As for feedback, it's true that the buyers have completed the contract when they've paid (which is when I leave feedback as well, for ease more than anything) but that's not all your leaving feedback on. It's on the whole process - if a buyer does something genuinely fraudulent after they've paid, surely the feedback should reflect this?
                              Agreed, but this should be an option to apply for only after feedback has been left and should only be avaiable with proof of wrong doing. I think a lot of sellers hold off on leaving feedback as weapon to use against unhappy buyers, which is not what is was designed for.

Comment

Working...
                              X