Down, down, down to the burning ring of fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down, down, down to the burning ring of fire

What was it Wayne said about 'nine-pins'? Now Johnny Cash has popped off to perform some prison gig in the sky.

Taking bets on who's next.

I'm thinking a young un next, on the OD tip.

Benicio
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Damn.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Sep. 12 2003,11:20)]Damn.

Ditto. I really, really liked that last LP he did. Wholesome, earthy, quite beautiful music.
      I have a couple of friends who are going to be pretty sad today. That man had some BIG fans.
      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Ohmigod!

I opened this post not knowing, and on the radio they're playing his heart tearing rendition of 'Hurt'.

If any of you haven't heard this song, or better still, seen the incredible video that goes with it, then do so asap.

The stuff legends are made of.

Comment

We actually did the website for hurt and had to watch the video about 100 times! Pretty gut wrenching stuff.

The guy lost his wife soon after making that song so I guess when a big part of your life goes - your will goes with it.

Really sad stuff. Proper legend that man.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

one of the real greats, and one of those artists you just assumed would keep going and going.
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

very sad....

( but you have to admit he had one hell of a life... just check his bio &quot;man in black&quot; or &quot;cash&quot;.... what a man &#33;&#33; )

Comment

Another effortlessly cool dude gone...sad, because I&#39;m betting half of it was just letting go after June Carter Cash went not long ago, &amp; because you watch that &#39;Hurt&#39; video and figure they both knew...

Guess Joaquim Phoenix has his work cut out doing justice to the guy now...
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

man thats bad news,

one of my regular spots had loads of copies of folsom prison blues last week... I ummed and errred and left it it in the end, really wished I hadn&#39;t now

Comment

&#39;Johnny Cash At San Quentin&#39; is the one to get. I&#39;m rocking it right now. RIP Johnny.

Comment

Nah, three words, Fulsom prison blues. rest in peace.
                      derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                      X