Todays finds!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays finds!!

I got up extra early and hit a fair back in Brighton. Amazingly the fair wasnt crap - really really good infact!

Hit up a box of OST's and thanks to a quick phone call to the-E-Man I stumbled on some gems at bargain prices.

Hawaii 5-0 OST - As bigged up on this site and blax.com. Fantastic! Cracking theme tune we all love to dance at student disco's - but check out 'Front Streets' and 'The Chase' for some fiiiine big band funk.

Soul Of Nigger Charly OST - Seen this on blax.com (another one heheh) and for 12 quid ed said 'buy buy buy'. Havent heard it as its still sealed. Gotta be good.

Hanged Man - (Contour) - This wasnt 10p nor was it £40 but somewhere inbetween (which is pretty bizarre). Anyway in all my digging years Ive never seen it for pence so I though fugg it - its stone mint and its totally og so why not. Hex is 2870437 btw.

Melinda OST - I saw this on blax.com way back and bought it a few years ago. To be honest Ive never really played it much but ed again reminded me it had some stunners on there. Copped this still sealed one so my other one might be up for trade.

More Music From The Man From Uncle - Nearly all the other UNCLE lps are on the wall at record fairs for daft money (never shift do they guys...) so it was brilliant to see this one. Really nice price too.

Harper OST - Again Ed dropped the knowledge on this Paul Newman film. 'Harper does it better' is apparently a right organ groover. Mines steal sealed so I'll find out when I get to a deck!

And some other bits all from a wicked dealer called Tim. Who was at the TUC fair I went to last week and I completely missed his stall - turns out he sold tonnes of goodness that week...but lucky for me he just pulled out a new box for todays show

Dianne and the new worlds - Tamla Hits (SGA) - What the hell? Tribute to purple fox tracks turning up on tamla cover lps? Clanking drums, loads of axe waving and some terrible singing as 'talkin trash' and 'road home' are those mysterious renamed tracks. Still don't have that purple fox lp!

Nick Ingman - Terminator - Pulled this out as I sold my copy on ebay a while back and I thought well if its a decent price maybe I'll have a pop. It was VERY very much less then I sold it for. Life is good.

Ayers Rock - S/T - Im sure this is fairly decent aussie rock with a slight jazz/funk feel. A crisp tenner - Might not be so great.

Peddlers - Three In Cell - 10 sheets! Never seen this for any amount of money so I was especially chuffed to get it for such a great price. Haven't heard it yet but I can feel its good. Need deckage!

Ike & Tina - Workin' Together - Had a quick listen on a portable at the fair and their cover of 'Funkier than a mosquitos tweeter' had me toe tappin. Pretty darn decent.

A very high quality round of purchases  
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Oh I also got -

Scoop (PEER) - Lovely library - the one with the naked lady on the cover mocked up like the sun. Sold my mint one last year on ebay for a good bit of wonga so finding this was nice.

Come Aboard&#33; - QE2 - Proggy mate of mate threw this my way and I instantly recognized &#39;black cat bones&#39; as the track comped on the CherryStones Rocks LP. 500 copies apparently given to people leaving the QE2. Crazy.

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

good to see that this stuff can still be turned up for reasonable prices (ie. under the price of an HMV new CD)... nice work mr s&#33;

wouldn&#39;t mind hearing the QE2 thing, sounds wacky&#33;
      http://www.blaxploitation.com
      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Sep. 14 2003,17:56)]Melinda OST - I saw this on blax.com way back and bought it a few years ago. To be honest Ive never really played it much but ed again reminded me it had some stunners on there. Copped this still sealed one so my other one might be up for trade.
        i had this from Nasher in Bath about 12 years ago for under a tenner and was well unimpressed at first. after a good five years maturing in the &#39;unsure&#39; box, got it out again and was amazed how good it is. tripped-out psychy old school stoner funk with a wicked latin feel in places - main theme&#39;s great, killer sitar-style latino funk in the weird &#39;Melinda Latino&#39; and a lovely mellow jazzy uptempo tune in &#39;Can&#39;t let you go&#39; (which is a rip-off of an old War tune maybe?)

not one for the DJs then, but a lovely album for listening and chilling to.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (theeman @ Sep. 15 2003,11:13)]not one for the DJs then, but a lovely album for listening and chilling to.
          Definately one for the DJ&#39;s squire - or for me, at any rate.

I&#39;ve been playing this as part of the warm up for some of the more soul oriented gigs that I do from time to time.

Nothing for the dancefloor, granted, but a great early doors couple of numbers on their. Melinda Latino is the jammy.

Got my copy, sealed, from the legendary Coachman in Detroit, some years back.

Comment

This is hypnotic.  

Comment

Ya.. looks a bit like my &#39;Champ&#39; 12&quot;&#33;
              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Here&#39;s my weekend finds:
                Alex -s/t -some norvegian disco funk
                The mystic moods -Emotions (orig. master tape record) What&#39;s the deal with this kind of record?
                O&#39;jays -Backstabbers
                The Fame Gang -Solid gold from muscle shoals

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Sep. 14 2003,12:49)]

This is hypnotic.  
                  &quot;You Will Send All Your Records To Greg Belson, You Will Send All Your Records To Greg Belson, You Will...&quot;

a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (wayne @ Sep. 15 2003,15:44)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Sep. 14 2003,12:49)]

This is hypnotic.  
                    &quot;You Will Send All Your Records To Greg Belson, You Will Send All Your Records To Greg Belson, You Will...&quot;

Hehehe.....

My evil plot has been foiled.

Mwahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ Sep. 15 2003,14:28)]Here&#39;s my weekend finds:
                      Alex -s/t  -some norvegian disco funk
                      There&#39;s a great tune on that, which is sort of a cross between 9th Creation and Asha Puthli. First track on one side, name escapes me, but it&#39;s really good.
                      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

There are loads of them over here in Oslo. I&#39;ll pick up some extras if anybody is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 15 2003,16:14)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          There&#39;s a great tune on that, which is sort of a cross between 9th Creation and Asha Puthli. First track on one side, name escapes me, but it&#39;s really good.
                          she did quite a few LPs didn&#39;t she? they&#39;re pretty funky as disco goes, certainly some good Rhodes and guitar licks. got a few at home courtesy of Teddy Rosso (cheers chap)... sounds like they should get another airing&#33;

look out for the cheesy gatefold too&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (theeman @ Sep. 15 2003,16:26)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 15 2003,16:14)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            she did quite a few LPs didn&#39;t she? they&#39;re pretty funky as disco goes, certainly some good Rhodes and guitar licks. got a few at home courtesy of Teddy Rosso (cheers chap)... sounds like they should get another airing&#33;

look out for the cheesy gatefold too&#33;
                            Yes, and the pictures of what looks like a Satan-worshipping heavy metal band backing her.
                            http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Many of theese musicians came from the rock band &quot;Aunt Mary&quot;...

Comment

Working...
                              X