Mystic moods orchestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystic moods orchestra

How are they? Which records should I look for?

Thanks

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ Sep. 16 2003,09:57)]How are they?
    they're very well, thanks for asking
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

"Awakenings" and "Erogenous" are the ones to get - I think this was discussed recently.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I think the best one is Cosmic Wotsit off Cosmic Doodah (see, this is what happens when you get old...). Cosmic Voyage? Cosmic Smallpiece? (Ho ho)
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Cosmic Sea off Cosmic Force LP?
          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Cosmic Sea off Awakenings. Or off the 45, of course...
            There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Cosmic Sea off Awakenings. Or off the 45, of course...
              There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

They did one called "Astral Trip" which was popular in the dark "Joe 90" days of Northern Soul. Load of old rubbish if I remember correctly. (Then again, there's this Scooby Doo record I've been getting into recently....)
                Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 16 2003,11:58)](Then again, there's this Scooby Doo record I've been getting into recently....)
                  hate to hijack a thread ('specially a Mystic Moods one), but I must know more!!! is there a record with original Scooby music on it, because I've never found any evidence that such a thing exists? they have some incredible funk in the background sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (DigDug @ Sep. 16 2003,16:44)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 16 2003,11:58)](Then again, there's this Scooby Doo record I've been getting into recently....)
                    hate to hijack a thread ('specially a Mystic Moods one), but I must know more!!! is there a record with original Scooby music on it, because I've never found any evidence that such a thing exists? they have some incredible funk in the background sometimes...
                    Kind of...

It's an LP called "Scooby Doo and the Snowman Mystery" on MFP. It's not music from the TV show and doesn't even feature the proper cast of Scooby Doo - just a bunch of Brit actors doing bad impersonations of Scooby and his pals (no Scrappy, thankfully). It has several songs along the lines of the musical interludes that used to feature in the early series. The first of these, "Mystery Incorporated" is the one - fierce and funky.

Its written by the two fellas who did that "Spin a Magic Tune" kids' lp (anyone know if they ever did any non - kiddy material?).
                    Endless Tripe

Comment

pitty that scooby albums not the original cast..but love that track..
                      i bought a vid of hong kong phooey for my little lad at the last booter
                      as anyone noticed the funky tunes playing in the background..
                      has there been anything released?
                      ...mercuryvenusearthmars...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 16 2003,16:55)]Its written by the two fellas who did that "Spin a Magic Tune" kids' lp (anyone know if they ever did any non - kiddy material?).
                        I think the one called McNaught (can't remember his full name) did at least one track for KPM, that cropped up on a Monty Python LP, of all places!

'Mystery Incorporated' also came out on an MFP single (backed with 'Where Are You Scooby Doo), credited to Mystery Incorporated.

Slightly back on topic, I've got a Mystic Moods track on a Warner Bros sampler that's good - might be 'Cosmic Sea' actually. There was also a Mystic Moods Orchestra that recorded for Mercury Living Presence in the late 60s - don't know whether they're the same one though.

Comment

Got a Mystic moods album on WB "Love the one your with" 1974.Rain noise in the background all the way thru it a little annoying though.Also got an album by Pietro Delmont orchestra (aka Muller)on the stereo gold label that does the same,but with the added bonus of the odd thunder crash.Both are intended as background music for the married middle classes,the kind of thing Margo and Jerry would listen to.
                          -
                          You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
                          but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

Working...
                          X