Muppet show 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muppet show 2

Quite pleased to find this for a nugget yesterday, as I didn't know there was a second Muppet Show LP. Fozzie Bear telling jokes on skates has made me laugh already. Haven't got to the track with Peter Sellers yet, so more chuckles to come hopefully

What happened to the Animal emoticon?
    FunkyDown
    Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

perhaps one of the first records i ever owned!! i certainly remember zelda and her singing owl.

i also remember there was some awful cod-calypso track on it, featuring miss piggy that annoyed the hell out of me...

Comment

That'll be 'The Pig Calypso' then ... haven't got to side 2 yet

'.... so the frog wants us to dance on a gramophone record ...'
      'I'd rather dance on the floor ...'

Fozzie: 'How do ya like the record so far'
      Lady: 'Oh, well it's got some nice songs you can dance to!'
      Fozzie: 'Well, how about the jokes huh?'
      Lady: 'Well ....... it's got some nice songs you can dance to ...'

FunkyDown

Comment

I have both The Muppet Show albums and the Muppet Movie soundtrack (and a spare of the first one if anyone wants to play Swap Shop). Are there any other Muppet Show albums? I luvs The Muppets.

Where the hell is Animal anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ Sep. 16 2003,16:32)]That'll be 'The Pig Calypso' then ... haven't got to side 2 yet  
          arrrrgh!!! 'the pig calypso'!!!

Comment

Wooly - just got to it. You're so right ...

Mind you - the version of New York State Of Mind is ace

Blighty - I have the Muppet Movie OST too - let's start that definitive Muppets discography right here!
            FunkyDown

Comment

I have a couple of seven inches too.

Comment

And a bed throw, an annual or two and a jigsaw. All original seventies merchandise. How old am I?

Comment

my bro has a tattoo of Animal's face! the drum battle with buddy rich... those were the days!
                  http://www.blaxploitation.com
                  Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

They have a muppet show 7" at my local oxfam but i didn't by it...

any chance it's worth checking? think it's got miss piggy and kermit on the cover.
                    www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Don't know about the 7", but as it's got a picture cover it might be the Muppet Music Hall EP - can't vouch for the contents, sorry.

As for the LPs, I've not got volume two - only ever seen one copy in my life, actually - but vol 1 has the superb funk of 'Hugga Wugga', which is well worth anyone's time.

I've also got the Muppet Movie soundtrack in German as well as English - they've all got the wrong voices in Germany!

I've mentioned it before, recently, but Animal's drumming was provided by the late Ronnie Verrell - I'd love to see the Buddy Rich clip in full, actually.

Comment

Volume 2 does seem to be quite scarce. I've only ever found one copy of it and before that I didn't even know it existed.

The Muppet Music Hall EP is one I don't have. I'll have to keep searching for that.

Comment

It is surprising vol 2 is so hard to find - it was a top ten LP.

Not quite as successful as the first one, which got to number one in the album charts, but it did OK for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (green man @ Sep. 16 2003,20:14)]They have a muppet show 7" at my local oxfam but i didn't by it...

any chance it's worth checking? think it's got miss piggy and kermit on the cover.
                            Don't know about that one but a long time ago a work colleague built up a very nice Linn stereo and, apart from the many Trevor Horn productions he used to demo it to me, he played a Muppets 45 which had Animal playing 'Wipe Out' on the b side...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

some other Muppets bits:

The Muppet Show Music Album

John Denver & the Muppets - A Christmas Together

The Frog Prince

The Muppet Musicians of Bremen

Miss Piggy's Aerobique

Muppet Babies - Rocket to the Stars

Comment

Working...
                              X