Mike mcnaught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike mcnaught

Seeing as how he was getting some discussion in another post I thought I'd start another thread so I can pick peoples brains. So what's he been resonsible for? Here's what I have and I know of:

Spin A Magic Tune Top (Tempo 1973) LP
    Bugs Bunny Comes To London (MFP 1973) LP
    Bugs Bunny - The Bunny Hop/The Bus Song (MFP 1973) 7''
    Scooby Doo and the Snowman Mystery (MFP 1973) LP
    Mystery Incorporated - Where Are You Scooby Doo/Mystery Incorporated (MFP 1973) 7''

I think the Rupert The Bear records that have been getting a mention on this board are Mike McNaught's work too. I believe there's two of them. Rupert And The Firebird and another one. Lord Thames mentioned Mike McNaught had recorded something for KPM too.

That's about as much as I have. If anyone has a copy of the Scooby Doo LP for trade I'm after one as I've only ever found a battered copy. And I need both the Rupert LPs too. Cheers.

A quick bit of Googling reveals he arranged some tracks for Harry Nilsson, after he heard him MD'ing the London production of 'The Point'.

A useful little biog from the programme of 'The Point' can be found here:

http://www.the-monkees.net/shows/The...emcnaught.html

The KPM track is 'Day's Work', and a brief excerpt turns up on 'The Monty Python Matching Tie And Handkerchief' LP. I don't know which KPM disc it's from, but if anyone has the full version, I'm interested!

Comment

Noddy in toyland-phillips-1972,lyrics and music by Mike Mcnaught & Ken Martyne.We are the naughty goblins is very amusing.
      -
      You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
      but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

Cheers for the info guys.

Comment

He was also a member of the London Jazz Four, as leader, pianist and arranger. He wrote the rather pleasant "Song For Hilary" AND he's a fellow Glaswegian. There you go...
          There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Working...
          X