Help needed with id'ing a track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with id'ing a track!

Fairly vague this but, I need help ID'ing a sample.
    All I can say is that it is a trumpet led skit over a typical hip-hop tempo beat, [KPM would describe it as light, bright and full of fanfare!!!]
    Method Man used it in an early track of his [sorry, aint sure of title, not a Hip Hop nut!] with a lyric "is there fucking snakes in my garden"? Up untill very recently, I never thought it possible to try and locate this sample cos that's all I knew but I heard the original track for this trumpet sample in a Mix Master Mike set so that's another possible lead?!? It is very different as a track in a set by him or anybody else for that matter and would jump up and grab your attention if you heard it so I just know there are vultures out there who could help me..........................It aint a Hip-Hop thang..........it's a trumpet thang!
    I was raised by wolves

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Sep. 24 2003,09:07)]Fairly vague this but, I need help ID'ing a sample.
    All I can say is that it is a trumpet led skit over a typical hip-hop tempo beat, [KPM would describe it as light, bright and full of fanfare!!!]
    Method Man used it in an early track of his [sorry, aint sure of title, not a Hip Hop nut!] with a lyric "is there fucking snakes in my garden"? Up untill very recently, I never thought it possible to try and locate this sample cos that's all I knew but I heard the original track for this trumpet sample in a Mix Master Mike set so that's another possible lead?!? It is very different as a track in a set by him or anybody else for that matter and would jump up and grab your attention if you heard it so I just know there are vultures out there who could help me..........................It aint a Hip-Hop thang..........it's a trumpet thang!
    not listened to method man in a long time,but i think it might be "release yo'delf"...the sample is herb alpert "treasure of san miguel" according to the sample faq...hope that's some help

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (the bearded one @ Sep. 24 2003,09:30)]
      Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Sep. 24 2003,09:07)]Fairly vague this but, I need help ID'ing a sample.
      not listened to method man in a long time,but i think it might be "release yo'delf"...the sample is herb alpert "treasure of san miguel" according to the sample faq...hope that's some help
      From recollection there is a Prodigy remix of 'Check Yo'Delf' - which I've heard an awful lot more than the orginal mix. Just to confuse the issue a bit more.
      Matt Hero

Comment

Working...
      X