No announcement yet.

Brickin it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a pub that stays open till aprox 1am. It is pretty easy to find, friargate is in the centre of town. Not far down from a pub called Greyfriars. I have to go out to a leaving do from work & will be in that area. Ill pop in & shake my ass!!
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Sep. 26 2003,10:20)]
      Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (formigo @ Sep. 26 2003,00:49)]Re the      

I'd say drink as much as you would if you're out for a social game of pool but still want to stand a chance of beating your mate...

Pretty big response to this eh? Lot of stuff I could've stood to have known a couple of years back...
      Hmmm, I only win when I'm pissed and then only in a very narrow window between 'able to hold a conversation' and 'able to slobber'...

Water floats but it also sinks ships...

Comment

Guys, just bringing this back to the top to remind people that this is tomorrow (Friday) I'd love to see some friendly faces down there who'll cheer my every selection and dance no matter how undanceable my selection is. Imagine in the future being able to tell your grandchildren that you were at LLmod's first ever gig. It'll be kind of like those lucky few that got to see the Beatles at the Cavern

Comment

Wish I could make it Mark, but I no longer have the North Finchley pied a terre.    Have fun - it should be cracking!

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I survived!! Thanks to all of you that offered words of wisdom and helpful advice.

The night went as follows:

Arrived at venue, quite small, very busy pub with two rooms (no dancefloor thank God&#33

Hooked up with Sermad, btw, cheers for coming buddy, sorry you had to leave before my big moment!

The guy before me, Andy, was one of the original guys that used to run Blow Up, he also had a lot of input into their fantastic comps of library gear that the club put out. He played a great set of modish tracks to the assembled crowd of mods.

Next came a live band. One guy on guitar and a vocalist. At this point about half a dozen sexy chicks came out of the woodwork to gyrate at the front. The band played a set of rock covers ending with an acoustic version of the Jovi's Living on a Prayer.

Then it was me! Played a set of stuff that seemed to fit in with the night. A couple of the girlies actually stayed by the front and gently swayed
            My main worry was fuckin up the technical side, thankfully this went without a hitch. I wasn't anywhere near as nervous as I thought i would be, in fact like Brillo nights I had to be prised off the decks after 45 minutes! Played the following tracks in roughly this order:

Matrix - Dizzy Gillespie
            Dirty Feet - Daly Wilson
            Meet a Cheetah - The Metronome Quintet
            Mae West - Ken Moule
            Mexican Flyer - Ken Woodman
            Trippin' - London Fog
            The Thang - The Surveyors
            Dikalo - Manu Dibango
            African Battle - Manu Dibango
            Salambo - The Salambos
            My Kind of Sunshine - Deither Reith
            Sookie Sookie - Davy Jones
            Why Don't you Play that Organ Man - Memphis Black
            Uela Uela - Charly Antolini
            As'I as la Vida - Stardust International and Tayfun

Really pleased with how this all went,Andy from Blow Up came to congratulate me and compliment me on my choice of tunes. My reward for the nights work....a free glass of Absinthe

Sorry more of you guys weren't able to make it, never mind I'm playing the Dome next month so come along then

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Oct. 05 2003,11:14)]Next came a live band. One guy on guitar and a vocalist. The band played a set of rock covers ending with an acoustic version of the Jovi's Living on a Prayer.
              Sweet jesus.. how on earth did that fit in with what you fellas were playing? No wonder Sermad left before you came on!

Nice selection of tunes though Mark, sounds like you did a great job.
              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Oct. 05 2003,11:14)]Really pleased with how this all went,Andy from Blow Up came to congratulate me and compliment me on my choice of tunes. My reward for the nights work....a free glass of Absinthe
                nice one. doesn't matter how technically good you are, it's all about the tunes you play
                http://www.blaxploitation.com
                Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

llmod - sounds amazing, glad you got through it nicely. the swaying girlies sound like a good idea.

Comment

quite so. My personal technique is to be as unprofessional as possible. It has served me well for many years and will doubtless do the trick once more on thursday... see other post...

Comment

Sounds like a good night Mark - I'm sure you can dazzle us with your new professional persona next Monday at
                      Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ Oct. 05 2003,11:14)]The Thang - The Surveyors
                        So llmod,

Isn't it about time we reconvened talks about this one??

I'm sure I have an album or two you'ld much rather have, eh!?

Comment

Would you believe it but those swaying girlies were actually my neighbours! I totally crap you not! Very very very *ahem* nice ladies.

Shame as they all moved out last week. Gutted. etc. All moved to victoria park...I think I might take up joggin round there
                          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 06 2003,12:27)]Would you believe it but those swaying girlies were actually my neighbours&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Oct. 06 2003,12:27)]Would you believe it but those swaying girlies were actually my neighbours&#33; I totally crap you not&#33; Very very very *ahem* nice ladies.

Shame as they all moved out last week. Gutted. etc. All moved to victoria park...I think I might take up joggin round there  
                              I think you mean &#39;stalking&#39; Serms...
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X