X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 26 2003,11:33)]Check out also Tamiko Jones' awesome version of Marvin Gaye's "I want you" on US Sutra 12".
    Incidentally, I believe that John Abbey, the guy that started Blues & Soul and later ran Ichiban, married Tamiko Jones. She's also a contender for best cleavage of all time on the cover of one of her mid-70s LPs. And best eye shadow. It's lurid (the eye shadow, not the cleavage).

Leave a comment:

• eclipsechaser
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Sep. 26 2003,11:33)]Check out also Tamiko Jones' awesome version of Marvin Gaye's "I want you" on US Sutra 12".
    dont know about the 12" but I see the 7"s around all the time for mega cheap. You should be able to get a listen to a few. I think I own the theme tune on 7.

Leave a comment:

• son of stan
    replied
    Check out also Tamiko Jones' awesome version of Marvin Gaye's "I want you" on US Sutra 12".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks Bill

I have the tamiko jones on 12"
    I kinda liked the rice and beans thing will keep an eye out

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Yeah, they've done a few 12s on TK that I know of, but I've always found them to be a bit rubbish.

Let It Flow by Tamiko Jones, on the other hand, is great. It's (very) slow disco and it's also the B-side to Loft classic Can't Live Without Your Love (one of the greatest disco records ever made&#33 on the 12-inch.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Disco paarrrty

Disco paarrrty

I have an lp called disco paarrrty that has a tune by the rice & beans orchestra called rice & beans theme  on it
    does anyone know if this is on a 12" or not or if there is anything else worth checking by rice and beans

other cuts on the lp include
    atmosphere strutt - cloud one
    let it flow - tamiko jones

if your interested
Working...
X