Versions of "2001"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versions of "2001"

I think Mr Müller's version is the best one.
    What's your favourite?

And how many has covered that song?
    Here are a few that I can remember at the moment: Ventures, Ferrante and Teicher, Topaz (spanish version), Les Reed Orchestra, Ray McVay, Top of the pops...

Cecil Holmes Soulful Sound, Tito Puente, Deodato...

Comment

Joel Kaye. Also feeling the '12 tops' one loads.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

the Stan Kenton one off &#39;7.5 on richter scale&#39; is pretty good. a young peter (God) erskine on skins.

also check the Yuppi Du OST. the first track&#39;s a mellow funk take on 2001 (lots of Rhodes) which is great for relaxing to.

best one i&#39;ve heard yet is the Galactic Light Orchestra. Tobias - should be an easy pick for you, Teddy got one for me on 45 from your part of the world? thanks&#33;
        http://www.blaxploitation.com
        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

my two favourites are ray mcvay and also one by roger williams

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Sep. 29 2003,17:31)]Joel Kaye. Also feeling the &#39;12 tops&#39; one loads.
            you can hear this version in the OST radio show Sermad and I did. it&#39;s available online here:

http://www.blaxploitation.com/sounds/trunk

show 4.
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Tito Puente&#39;s live version &quot;Tito&#39;s Odyssey&quot; is my all time fave
              SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (wooly @ Sep. 29 2003,17:41)]my two favourites are ray mcvay and also one by roger williams  
                I like the Roger Williams one too ...

Still have that spare Moog LP for you wooly if you&#39;re interested ...

R&#39;Funk
                FunkyDown
                Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ Sep. 29 2003,19:05)]
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (wooly @ Sep. 29 2003,17:41)]my two favourites are ray mcvay and also one by roger williams  
                  I like the Roger Williams one too ...

Still have that spare Moog LP for you wooly if you&#39;re interested ...

R&#39;Funk
                  oh blimey&#33; i&#39;ll pm you now.

and good to see someone else on that roger williams version. what is the score with that? because it says it&#39;s got something to do with deodato on it...

Comment

I&#39;ve liked the Salinas version ever since the boys at Steps Ahead in Leicester sold me the &#39;Inside Out&#39; comp back in the mid 90s.

I seem to remember a Stan Kenton version being quite tasty.

Benicio

PS And of course the Bill Hicks remix...&quot;That&#39;s exactly how it fuckin&#39; happened&#33;&#33;&quot;
                    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

I&#39;ve never been a fan of 2001 but if I had to choose one it would be the Meirelles&#39; one on Brasil Explosion.
                      The only sure and foreseeable attribute of human affairs is their unforseeability; hence the trivialility of all the attempts in order to reduce the human action to a single reason, even interest.
                      Albert O. Hirschman (The concept of interest: from euphemism to tautology/1986)

Comment

Fook 2001 man&#33;&#33;&#33;.
                        derelicts of dialect

Comment

&quot;Peacemaker&quot; by Rosko is the business. A guy rapping about keeping peace over the whole universe, on top of one of the funkiest 2001s I&#39;ve heard. A personal fave...
                          There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

I agree with Mr Divine. Rosko&#39;s version funks me up&#33;&#33;
                            For a more cheesy and plain weird version check out Ray Connifs &quot;vocal&quot; version called &quot;Bah Bah Conniff Sprach&quot;.

David
                            God bless Fatso.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Sep. 29 2003,23:31)]&quot;Peacemaker&quot; by Rosko is the business. A guy rapping about keeping peace over the whole universe, on top of one of the funkiest 2001s I&#39;ve heard. A personal fave...
                              Absolutely - But isn&#39;t the actual music track just a slight re-edit of Deodato&#39;s &#39;2001&#39; - it sounds almost identical to me..?

&quot;I&#39;m the soul show stopper, the real heavy bopper. The one who gets it on with all the girls..&quot;
                              Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X