Blackalicious - alphabet aerobics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackalicious - alphabet aerobics

Was there ever a 12-inch of this or is it just an album track? I've never seen one, but I'd always assumed there was.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Well, I think is was on the A-Z mini LP, which could easily be called an EP. Erm, that doesn't really answer your question now does it ?
    Matt Hero

Comment

Doesn't Z Trip play a 12 of this in "Scratch" when he's doing that blend with Apollo 100's "Hall of the Mountain King"? Could be a mini LP though I suppose.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 30 2003,11:46)]Was there ever a 12-inch of this or is it just an album track? I've never seen one, but I'd always assumed there was.
        As far as I can recall it was initially on the 'A To The G' EP (can't remember off-hand but I think this was a double 12" but I may be wrong). The instrumental came on a bonus 12" with the 'Nia' LP.

Colin
        http://www.myspace.com/colinmillar

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Colin Hero @ Sep. 30 2003,12:36)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Sep. 30 2003,11:46)]Was there ever a 12-inch of this or is it just an album track? I've never seen one, but I'd always assumed there was.
          As far as I can recall it was initially on the 'A To The G' EP (can't remember off-hand but I think this was a double 12" but I may be wrong). The instrumental came on a bonus 12" with the 'Nia' LP.

Colin
          Your memory serves you well - A to G was a double (gatefold) 12", and there was also a single 12" promo for it, featuring 3 tracks - one of which is Alphabet Aerobics
          FunkyDown
          Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

I've often looked for a twelve of this but never found one, even though i've heard the instrumental dropped in a couple of cut chemist's set's.
            The pressing on the A2G EP is is good for the vox vocal version, it takes up a whole side by it's self!
            www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. It's definitely a great hip hop party record. I've got it on CD, but I'd like the 12.

Comment

One of the only mowax records I still need. Never see the bugger in any tape exchanges. Cat no is MWR109 I think. There is a promo for this too - not sure if it has alphabet aerobics.
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ Sep. 30 2003,13:49)]There is a promo for this too - not sure if it has alphabet aerobics.
                  Dearie me - you having a bad day serms?

see above
                  FunkyDown
                  Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Bad day&#33; hell yes. A truck collided with a shop on essex rd which meant the buses just stood waiting for 20 mins before they decided to kick us off. Then I had to walk up essex rd to angel and then to exmouth market. Meaning I was 45 mins late for work.

Nice start to the day.

Oh and I decided to read this thread properly.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Sep. 29 2003,14:49)]One of the only mowax records I still need. Never see the bugger in any tape exchanges. Cat no is MWR109 I think. There is a promo for this too - not sure if it has alphabet aerobics.
                      I think a local record dealer has had one of these on his stall still sealed in its special cover thingy for a long while now - wanted somethin&#39; stoopid like £20 for it, but if you are interested i can have a look next time he&#39;s about ?

I only need the Liquid liquid LP sampler and Donut productions but i&#39;m fooked if i can get &#39;em &#33; (Let alone afford &#39;em )
                      SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (TOWNY @ Sep. 30 2003,15:15)]I only need the Liquid liquid LP sampler and Donut productions but i&#39;m fooked if i can get &#39;em &#33; (Let alone afford &#39;em )
                        That Donut Productions one has alway proven to be very elusive - wasn&#39;t it a German CD only release or something ?

Always liked their track on Headz II (with the &#39;Come Together&#39; bassline).
                        Matt Hero

Comment

the donut lp never came out on vinyl.

The liquid liquid sampler with the dj phantom track? I had it and sold it for quite a lot of money. I can send you a mp3.

If you check my website you can see I *was* quite a mo wax fanboy. A bit ashamed of that now as they&#39;ve been total shite for about 5 years now.

Comment

20 quid? i&#39;d sell you my A-G (still in the special shrink wrap) for 15...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Sep. 30 2003,15:39)]20 quid? i&#39;d sell you my A-G (still in the special shrink wrap) for 15...
                              I&#39;d buy it for that&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X