2018 January finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

Bit of a 'Mr July' pose from Johnny there.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
      I'm trying to cut right back on buying at the moment. But at $1 "King Records of Japan Present A Stereo Sound Spectacular" looked too good to pass up. Vinyl apparently Ex. Cover VG+ (one inch wear along the bottom, Clancey wrote his name on it, and a bit of ringworm).

Musics provided by T. Miyama and His New Herd Orchestra. Also H. Yamamoto and K. Yokoyama (shakuhachi) with T. Sawai (koto). Issued here on Festival records. The picture on the cover is the same as the Japanese edition.

Bossa hits of the day, baby. Such as...
      I like the way this one builds ... and who would have thought a koto would fit so well in the mix ...
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
        Finally got an OG of 'Starsailor'. Was my only purchase from a record fair that I visited over Christmas. I figured it's better to spend a decent amount on something great, rather than a few mediocre 'might as well' purchases. It's in fab condition and I feel like it was a bargain regardless. I know this is a divisive LP, but I think it's probably his strongest and most consistent!
        Nice! It's a hard album to listen to until you've digested some of the previous ones, but if you like his voice, you have to admit that he's pushing it as far as he can ... I'd love to get a copy of this and a few other Buckleys. All I have is the Australian comp "The Late Great ..." which has a lot of good songs on it but is a bit unsatisfying as an album ...

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

It isn't rubbish by any means. Of interest to anyone who has a whim for a slightly different slant to their bossa.

Too polished and easy for my current mind-frame.

And yet there it is, still propped against the wall. Hmmm.

Comment

Some demand for the Japanese vinyl version, if Discogs is to be believed. Dude asking circa $150 on Ebay.

I will entertain offers.

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post

Enrique Jorrin – El Rey Del Cha Cha Cha. Violinist who invented the Cha Cha Cha style apparently. Needs a clean, but listening to a few tracks on youtube it seems it contains nothing that will prevent it going onto the out pile.
              Just got around to cleaning this and playing it. Approaching 40 years old probably but I think I can safely say this is the first time it has ever been played. The hole was too small.
              A couple of tracks prevent it going straight to the out pile too.

Comment

Working...
              X