No announcement yet.

July 2018 finds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few end-of-the-month tiddlers from me, after a pretty unsuccessful bit of legwork last Friday (I called it quits cos of the heat fairly early on and was in the shower for 16.00!).

The above selection were chazza finds. Second time I've found 'Act Like You Know' in a chazza in recent times. Great tune, great clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prOdQJIDGlo

Denis King has a couple of mid-tempo sleazy listening tunes that justify offering it as a freebie when I next offload the pile. Altered Images to add to my 80s pop / indie collection and a Rosetta Tharpe LP that was really only to add ballast when I go down the market this weekend.

Some 12"s from Anarchy, all of which are keepers, which is a new experience for me! I also got a couple of LPs which have already gone in my mate's parcel (bit of Stevie Nicks 'Bella Donna' type action).

Also heading for the Brighton and Hove area for my mate, cos he's a big fan of the Stourbridge sound! Even though I'm struggling to part with 'Hup' as that carries great memories of getting smashed on Black Russians!!

A quiet end to the month, but it's been too pigging warm to make much effort, what can I tell you?
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

unusual find amongst a job lot here in the uk
      Pintura Fresca from 1969 , an Argentinian rock band , holler if its on anyones wantlist happy to trade

Comment

A major shopping trip through the charity shops of Kensington and Notting Hill plus a generous bounty of freebies from amidar and bongolia see me a bit snowed under with vinyl at the moment, but here are the picks from July that I have had a chance to process so far. More to come next month I suspect.

Lots of God-bothering nonsense from former nanny Wendy Craig ‎– Show Me The Way:

Before treacherous little Glyn broke up the band for solo success, Poole Family ‎– Stars On Sunday:

A fine head and chest of hair, Ray Merrell ‎– Disco Country Style:

Onie Wheeler ‎– John's Been Shuckin' My Corn:

Michael Crawford With The London Symphony Orchestra ‎– With Love:

Chuff chuff! Memories Of Steam:

1960s cabaret performers with their album of "witty topicalities, items for serious consideration and some matter which should be banned!" Iain Kerr & Daphne Barker ‎– Banned!:

Before he became Lennie Bennett's comedy partner, Jerry Stevens released this 1967 album with glowing sleeve notes from Dusty Springfield. Jerry Stevens – So This Is Love:

Ivor Biggun and introducing The Red Nosed - Burglars ‎– More Filth ! Dirt Cheap:

Hoffnung ‎– The Hoffnung Music Festival Concert:

Higsons featuring Jacques Hughes ‎– Music To Watch Girls By:

A posthumous re-release for Benny Hill ‎– Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West):

My first charity shop Christmas record of the year - that should help during this infernal heat wave! Bert Kaempfert And His Orchestra ‎– A Drop Of Christmas Spirit:

Still going in Glasgow, Irish Scottish comedian Clem Dane ‎– Enter Dane!:

Don MacLean and Peter Glaze with Jacqueline Clarke and Christine Ozanne ‎– Crackerjack:

Singer, musician, and sometime Tiswas presenter Den Hegarty – Voodoo Voodoo:

The we-issue welease of Edward Woodward ‎– The Edward Woodward Album:

An Alan Coren scripted spinoff from his regular 'Miz Lillian Letters' in Punch lampooning US President Jimmy Carter. Elaine Stritch ‎– Reads The Peanut Papers:

More smut. Various ‎– For Adults Only

If someone down the pub asks about your Tiddley Winkey Woo, make sure it's frothy.​​​​​​​ Frothy Pub Songs​​​​​​​:

He made it to the New Faces final 1975 along with Lenny Henry - the year Marti Caine won, Al Dean / Cy Tucker & The Friars / The Saturated Seven:

Two versions found about a mile about and both about a quid! Anna Russell ‎– Anna Russell Sings! Again?:

Rita aka Barbara Mullaney (aka Knox) takes to the cobbles to serenade a bewildered lamp post – On The Street Where I Live:

The Downstairs Lounge
        http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
        http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
          A major shopping trip through the charity shops of Kensington and Notting Hill
          ... which are now completely empty!

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

There's plenty of Ray Conniff left.
            The Downstairs Lounge

Comment

plus a generous bounty of freebies from amidar and bongolia see me a bit snowed under with vinyl at the moment
              Well, if you will only request one record on a freebies thread when you know there's room for at least 4 in a mailer...

I didn't heard much (any?) disco on this, maybe on the last track ("Jezebel").
              Also there's a face (sad Jesus?) in his bone necklace pendant thing that I can't not see now.

Comment

Onie Wheeler ‎– John's Been Shuckin' My Corn:

The Alpha and Omega of country right there. The full range of the music industry response.
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Onie looks concerned and unhappy. I guess "shucking my corn" is a metaphor for "shagging my wife"
                  Or perhaps John is kneeling out of shot in front of Onie?
                  Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                    Onie looks concerned and unhappy. I guess "shucking my corn" is a metaphor for "shagging my wife"
                    Or perhaps John is kneeling out of shot in front of Onie?
                    Mrs Shere Khan is giving me a look which says, " What's that halfwit guffawing about now"?
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I was wondering if Onie Wheeler was a trucker on a unicycle?
                      https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Rita aka Barbara Mullaney (aka Knox) takes to the cobbles to serenade a bewildered lamp post – On The Street Where I Live:

The lamp post was presumably bewildered by the news that it was being replaced by another even more old fashioned lamp post....

Oddly enough, there is only one other building on Coronation Street, Salford that remains from the time of Barbara's photoshoot, not that it's anything like as famous....
                        you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Excellent location spotting!
                          The Downstairs Lounge

Comment

re: that "For Adults Only" LP on Surprise - I think I knew before then forgot, but I was given the recent Trojan Story book (a very nice weighty thing) and it mentioned about "Surprise" being one of Chris Blackwell's Island Records labels (at least the UK one, some titles were licensed from Surprise in the US). It also mentions Lee Gopthal (a very familiar name in the history of UK reggae) making the fake G-string knickers for the sleeves of another Surprise release "Music To Strip By" ...

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                              The Wimbledon Girl Singers with Ronald Binge and his Orchestra - thought it probably would be no good and it wasn't.
                              I was too hasty dismissing Ronald - there's a nice easy / baroque jazz instrumental (for those that like that kind of thing) tucked away amongst the girl choir stuff:

Comment

Working...
                              X