No announcement yet.

September Finds 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Noise Made By People is a fantastic lp, going to have to dig my copy out now.
    'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Besides the silly-money Bach Cello Suite boxset (see Classical finds thread), a couple of classical cheapies yesterday, and a Spike Milligan live LP that will be heading Agnes-ward, a fiver also got me these:

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	1046495

Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated - R&B From the Marquee - only an 80's reissue, mind. Never 100% sold on most British Blues, but this seemed alright on a first listen. Some of the vocal numbers aren't great, but overall it's better than the other Alexis Korner LPs I had in the past.
      Alexis Korner - The Party Album - live double LP from his 50th birthday party. 1st record is with a big band, side 3 is quartet, and side 4 they're joined by a load of guests like Chris Farlowe, Crapton, etc. Some good moments (and the bass is nice and loud) but not a keeper.
      Big Boy Crudup - Star Bootlegger - blues comp. Only think I'd ever heard "That's Alright Mama" before (the one Elvis covered)
      The Roches - Another World - something totally different. Heard of them, but never heard them before. First track reminded me of something on the Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs, rest are similarly quirky. I enjoyed it but probably won't keep it, so most likely heading for a future freebie thread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	121.7 KB ID:	1046496

ABC of Sound - silliness - A-side is an a-b-c of sound effects, B-side is wild animals
      Sound Effects vol 4
      The New Goodies LP - don't recall ever seeing one before. I knew they got funky on "Cricklewood Shakedown", but it's not really a play-out track, with the vocals etc. Still a nice big drumbreak halfway through. Also now I have "Nappy Love" stuck in my head.
      Paddy Roberts - Strictly for Grown Ups - this is great, and a lovely condition sleeve (normally these 10"s seem to be all ripped up)

oh and the Don Hilo Hawaiian album on Leo Muller's Stereo Galaxy label (seems a bit fancier than SGA, has a fully colour rear sleeve). Amongst the usual standards there were a couple of titles I didn't recognise with L Muller credits, but sadly no hidden steel guitar funkers. Also is that an old (naked) photo of Shakira Caine on the sleeve? She'd have been married by the time this came out in the 70s - stay classy, Leo!

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	1046495

Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated - R&B From the Marquee - only an 80's reissue, mind. Never 100% sold on most British Blues, but this seemed alright on a first listen. Some of the vocal numbers aren't great, but overall it's better than the other Alexis Korner LPs I had in the past.
        That same Lp sent me looking for more Cyril Davies music. Alexis is alright, but Cyril's harp was the real thing.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Went to Ford Airfield Car Boot on Thursday and came back with these.

Folk music from Bolivia, a tad too polished for my taste.

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I suppose I was expecting more folk songs played with traditional instruments. I didn't expected this Morricone style version:

And some little ones:

First one, probably, came with some kind of method to play guitar. Short versions (20 seconds max) of some classic tunes. The kind of weird stuff that nobody collects so I do it.

Next one, from Greece, is quite nice. Love the arabic touch. Judge by yourselves.

Upgrading my Return Of Django and Nicky Thomas "B.B.C." with this super clean singles.

Top in Pops has a couple of good song via The Bob Cort Skiffle and The Beverley Sisters.

Rythmes Du Moyen-Atlas has all the appeal of a field recording. Rough on the edges and real.

The nice looking Zirkon record is a comedy one by Dickie Goodman. B-side has this mash up of all time favourites.

The latest Spoke release landed on my doormat on Friday. Wow! They are just getting better and better. Hats off to all the labour of love that has gone into these singles.
          ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Did you get these from Arthur? Usually has an array of boxes from 25p up to the dizzy heights of £2, if his Broadwater car boot layout is anything to go by

Comment

The Lps were from Arthur at 1 quid each. The majority of the singles from Gary, he is more expensive but usually has better stuff. The highest prices were the Upsetters 7" which was £4 and the Nicky Thomas for only £2
              ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

I found Vol 4 as pictured by HG with the fold out sauciness a month or so back. Kind of sample friendly but worth keeping for the cover alone.

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                Found no 8 over the summer and it was surprisingly good if i remember. Never seen any others that I recall.
                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Working...
                X