Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2018 finds

Not much at the Saturday a.m. flea market, but here we go:

- The Peanuts- When Tomorrow Comes 7" (not listened yet, but it'll be just about OK, I predict)
    - Goldfinger Theme- The Goldfingers 7" - can never resist a poorly played James Bond Theme
    - The Three Suns ‎– The Proud Ones 7" EP (Yet more 3 Suns. I can never have enough. They make me very relaxed, like my stress pills)

Happy November!!!

Turbo

The Peanuts - When Tomorrow Comes 7" Goldfinger Theme- The Goldfingers 7" The Three Suns ‎– The Proud Ones 7" EP
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    Not much at the Saturday a.m. flea market, but here we go:

- The Peanuts- When Tomorrow Comes 7" (not listened yet, but it'll be just about OK, I predict)
    - Goldfinger Theme- The Goldfingers 7" - can never resist a poorly played James Bond Theme
    - The Three Suns ‎– The Proud Ones 7" EP (Yet more 3 Suns. I can never have enough. They make me very relaxed, like my stress pills)

Happy November!!!

Turbo
    I do wish UK 45s looked more like Japanese ones.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

A German lady at Sunday's Car boot offered me a bag of nude 45s for €2. I wanted a peep but she was all playful and "das kann ich aber nicht machen" , so I went for it.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1047422

They are:
      The Individuals - Gotta Make a Move
      Mistura - Life is a Song Worth Singing
      Crown Heights Affair - Every Beat of my Heart
      Genya Raven - Feel the Need In Me
      The Refelections - Love On Delivery
      Tina Charles - I Love to Love

They are all GREAT apart from Tina, who I got sick of decades ago, and the Reflections, which is bit pedestrian. It's a 1975 cheapo disco in my house.

The German lady also tried to sell me a Kelly Family* single for a Euro, which she thought was more valuable as it had a picture sleeve. I have had the Kelly Family foisted on me by German women before, and I wasn't falling for it again. "Nein Danke!"

*Scary Deutsch/Oirish band who dress like tinkers and sing loads of old paddywack for eager Germans. They terrify and fascinate me, even more so since I saw their astonishing video for the song "I Fell In Love With an Alien"

Attached Files
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I went to the charity shop and came out with a few 45s. There was quite a few Spanish 45s which is rather unusal here, and the Satchmo on a funky beat which is a bit of a surprise to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06564.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1047441Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06530.JPG
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1047429Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06532.JPG
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1047430Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06526.JPG
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1047431Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06536.JPG
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1047432Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06538.JPG
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1047433Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06541.JPG
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1047434Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06553.JPG
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1047435Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06548.JPG
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1047436Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06543.JPG
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1047438Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06555.JPG
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1047439Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06559.JPG
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1047440
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Sunshine View Post
          I went to the charity shop and came out with a few 45s.
          As soon as I saw the Disc'Az label, I wondered who the artist was, and then thought "who the fuck is Romuald?"

Not only was he on the Les Damoiselles De Rochefort Legrand soundtrack but I have a 7" by him. I need to play my records more. Problem is, there's only 25 hours in a day ...

Anyway, how is it?

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

odds and ends that seem to have come into my possession in the past week or so

There were a whole bunch of 30's and 40's Jazz records in a charity shop box but as most of it was before my time (just)
            I dunno what's hot and what's not so plumped for a couple of compilations and soundtracks including these two albums.

This kind of weird album and demo single stuff is just catnip to me.

A real treat to find this re-issue of Ivor's debut album unplayed!

I do have a tatty old copy of this somewhere but this one is shiny nice and comes with the original poster,
            it features so many great tracks all under 1 minute long from Andy Partridge to Robert Wyatt

I picked this up for the Dracula Cha Cha track but never even realized it was signed on the back until I got home.

A mid 70's pop tune by someone who's real name is Stephen Jameson,
            I seem to remember the Two Ronnies doing a similar joke on this name, it's probably as bad as this 7" haha.

Also hard on the ears is this tune from 1981 - I like the sleeve though.

Odd Indie single I'd not heard or seen before.

I was most pleased finding this pair of original sheet music, the bloke who sold me them at a car boot took my email and said he had loads more
            so fingers x he gets in touch.
            The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

As soon as I saw the Disc'Az label, I wondered who the artist was, and then thought "who the fuck is Romuald?"

Not only was he on the Les Damoiselles De Rochefort Legrand soundtrack but I have a 7" by him. I need to play my records more. Problem is, there's only 25 hours in a day ...

Anyway, how is it?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siDajTfYifA

I like it... however I can't get with the a-side

Comment

While it's half-time in the Champions League matches (I'll probably hide under my bed for tomorrow night's inevitable humiliation), I'll quickly catch up on the last few days' acquisitions...

Following on from a point I made in my October posts, there's still good trading to be had on the Forum and Funky Charly never lets you down. Some proper East European funkiness and the first of this month's Dave Grusin soundtracks is pure quality.

Here's the second Dave Grusin soundtrack. Luckily, I wandered into Forever Records on my dinner break to find that he's set up a Sale section and this was in there at a fantastic bargain price. Really, really good soundtrack. The other three came from Rob's last Friday. I'm doggedly amassing Smiths 12"s and am at the stage that I swore I'd never reach, where I'm going to have to compile a notepad of which 12"s I've got by e.g. Smiths, Banshees, The Cure, Depeche etc as my addled brain keeps allowing me to duplicate. Luckily, I didn't already have any of these three.

Three from the market on Saturday. I do like a bit of Nina. The lady had presence / gravitas. And Sparks is another from their Moroder period.

Two randoms. Blondie from a charity shop - can't believe I didn't already have this 12". And I've had this Turtles LP several times, but never hung on to it. Think this copy, sourced from a shop a few minutes from my office, might well be a bit more permanent this time.

Right, back to the football.
                Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo;n1047461

[img
                  https://i.imgur.com/u4dPiYZ.jpg[/img]

and the first of this month's Dave Grusin soundtracks is pure quality.

If anyone remembers Ian Townsend I recall him rating 'Winning' on here.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

"3 Days of The Condor" is also a great Grusin OST ... his Name of The Game / It Takes a Thief 45 is also decent. "Eddie Coyle" is lovely though, somewhat more tender than the movie, which is startlingly bleak.

Very pleased to finally find one of these at Saturday's record fayre for a bargain price, next to a Can "I'm So Green" UK demo which was also bargainous.

Other goodies included a Georgie Fame 'Get Away' EP, minty copy of Mike Berry's 'Dial My Number' for a friend, little known version of 'Sitting In the Park' by Mark Wirtz project Henry III, coloured discotastic version of the Phantasm theme on 12", the second CTI 12", and a decent Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra comp on See For Miles (which I'd been after for the Verve sampled version of "The Last Time"), Helen Shapiro's "Forget About The Bad Times" and the peacenik sounds of Arthur Brown's "Give Him A Flower".

A fine morning's dig!

Comment

I'm going to look for more Dave Grusin. I've only got Condor, and his work on Jon Lucien's Rashida is amazing.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        I'm going to look for more Dave Grusin. I've only got Condor, and his work on Jon Lucien's Rashida is amazing.

Comment

So, just back from the UK.

Trunk KPM project - nuff said.
                          Tyger - Worth a punt at around a tenner, I thought. One track included in a swap some time back.
                          Two keyboards - boredom induced buy at the Reading recorde fayre. Yes, that was me with leering smile and the rolling eyes. Or perhaps that doesn't narrow it down enough.
                          Dogface shaped object covered with moss and looking slightly frozen. Also at the fayre. To be fair, there was slightly less boredom at this stage. Reason being that that table was chock full of stuff that I might have punted on. I opted for this as I recognised it as a recent-ish Cacapo recomm. Top of the range price wise (if not over). But digging while bored is like food shopping while hungry.
                          Police/ Purps/ Banshees were from a chazzer. G&F. The local chazzer had squat but the nice man said to try their branch at Hoola Boola Street. I left the purple label Led Zep IV and Judee Sill's "Judee Sill". Also the second purps LP. Mistake?
                          Several results from the Reading Oxfam. Nod to Paul H for pointing me to the French 'Biblical' Lp. = soundtrack/Libe vibe. Finally the first Carpenter's LP at a price I was prepared to pay.
                          Also my some freebies - most of which have appeared already so I won't post further pics. Thanks guys.
                          And the fruits of my trade with Ben. More than satisfactory from my side.
                          Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 08-11-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post

"gozwell"

"kaleidoscope"

Comment

7" by an early 90's Northampton band in a poster sleeve

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X