No announcement yet.

December 2018 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the rounds this afternoon: antique stores, charities, second hand shops...

Managed to acquire these for very cheap - it's almost an early Christmas present:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06953.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1048189

I also found these which cost me a little bit more but still very reasonable:

Name:	DSC06956.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1048191
    Attached Files

Comment

Haven't had much time to add to the recent finds threads but here is what has turned up in the charity shops around my way recently.

First up grabbed a bunch of random Latin records from Mexico, Panama and Venezuela, a few of them are keepers for now but suspect most are heading back into the world at some point soon.

Pretty much all keepers in this pile, apart from the top right which is a combination of jazz and shouting in German.

Some wee ones and odd flexis. Was hella chuffed to pull the Johnny Cash 45 that is 1958 original out of a pile of polka and novelty 45s last week. Top middle is a flexi from Royal Delftware, haven't listened to it yet as it has curled slightly and needs flattening out, no details on discogs - Head Gardener have you come across this before? Dizzy is a bit on the rough side but plays ok.
      Middle is a pile of flexis promoting the church via the medium of flexi discs by a company called GRF - Gospel Recording Fellowship, again couldn't find out much about them online but was odd enough to pick up.
      Bottom row is Australian copy of Dusty's Son of a preacher man, middle is flexi for Younger's Special, and to the right is Neil Young - Southern man / After the gold rush.

'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

probably my last find before Christmas

Comment

Went to a charity shop today during lunchtime for a pre-holiday dig... found these but upon listening doubt any of them will stay around... read Alain Goraguer on the arranger credits on the Marie Laforet LP... but it's some sort of Charleston 40's vibe on those tunes...

Name:	laforet.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1048349

Comment

Today I was contacted by a mate who said he was ready to part with some of his records. So I went over there and relieved him of a few.

Name:	thomas.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1048388Click image for larger version

Name:	wootton.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1048389Click image for larger version

Name:	electric.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1048390Click image for larger version

Name:	supermax.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1048391Click image for larger version

Name:	dunn.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1048392Click image for larger version

Name:	talking_heads.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1048393Click image for larger version

Name:	folk_rock.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1048394Click image for larger version

Name:	mitchell.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1048395Click image for larger version

Name:	miller.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1048396Click image for larger version

Name:	montrose.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1048397

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Sunshine View Post
              Today I was contacted by a mate who said he was ready to part with some of his records. So I went over there and relieved him of a few.
              I love that Raumpatrouille Theme and that looks like an original! Nice one. Some lovely moody music on there.
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Here's a few of my recent finds
                - Roland Young ‎– Isophonic Boogie Woogie re-issue numbered & signed by the man himself.
                - Grobschnitt - Rockpommel's Land LP. No obi on mine but it was only 100 JPY
                - The Wolfgang Press - Standing Up Straight LP. Original press, about the price of a can of beer.

Comment

Love that Wolfgang Press LP!

Yesterday I found a sleeveless Made In Sweden (first LP) and half (sides 3+4) of Heaven - Brass Rock 1.
                  2 euro each.

The latter is housed in what I'd have to describe as a unipak style gatefold sleeve. In other words 4 panels of the original elaborate foldout are missing, along with the first disk. So someone out there has sides 1+2 and the rest of the sleeve. Who got the better deal?

This doesn't turn up here all that often because it wasn't released here or in Germany -- odd for 1971 vintage rock on CBS. According to discogs it was only released in UK, Italy and NZ. I wonder why? Usually I turn my nose up at rock bands with brass/horn sections but this is good, not Walrus (Deram) good but very good all the same, perhaps weak on melody, but long on restless inventive arrangements and rough guitar.
                  Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Last minute Xmas season chazza shopping.

The Modern Jazz Quartet - Sait On Jamais
                    . In which I am once again disappointed by an MJQ album. Why oh why di I keep buying them. They all sound the same to me.

The Original Brasso Band - Bravo Brasso. The thought of brass band and "Southern rhythm" melded together was too much to resist. Guessed this would have some pedigree hereabouts but hasn't had a mention for some years by the looks of things. Late to the party I know but this is fun and Yorkshire Moor is the track from a quick listen.

Little ones:

The Truth - Walk Away Renee. Pleasant.

Bauhaus - Satori in Paris. A Bauhaus record in a chazza is not an every day occurrence. Some minor flippage potential possibly.

Dusty Springfield - All i See Is You / Go Ahead On. Go Ahead On is the best of this little spree by a country mile.

Comment

My first foray into the chazza vinyl midden for about 6 months. I'm finding this "vinyl revival" a bit tough on an old cheapskate like me and rarely bother even looking any more. The need to trawl across town to the only butcher who sells haggis all year around prompted me to risk a dislocated knee, bad back and dust allergies with surprising luck. Ok so nothing special for most people here but this represents the FIRST time I've ever seen a Well Kept Secret in the wild :-D

Comment

trip round to deliver a xmas card to a mate who's a bit of an ebay dealer, take any 7s you want so I took these as they looked the most interesting to me, thanks v much

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post
                          trip round to deliver a xmas card to a mate who's a bit of an ebay dealer, take any 7s you want so I took these as they looked the most interesting to me, thanks v much

Chin strokingly interesting
                          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Chin strokingly interesting
                            Probably going to be Chin strokingly dull but there you go . you makes your choice

Comment

Probably going to be Chin strokingly dull but there you go . you makes your choice
                              Surely not dull ... maybe not psych bangers, though ...

Comment

probably my last find before Christmas

A mint Modern Lovers! Very nice!!
                                Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Working...
                                X