X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Carlitos View Post

Did someone complain or was it done automatically by some algorithm?
    ah, I had left up the other LP there thinking no more about it and today I get a message saying "your FB account is herby suspended for a week"
    oh.

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
    [QUOTE

Bud Shank - California Dreamin'. Chazza purchase from earlier in the month. Just cleaned it up and thought it worth a mention. This is Easy from the very toppest top drawer. Chet Baker also featured. Despite some lingering fireside crackle this is beautiful.
    This sleeve just as eye catching in its own way.

Any particular standouts?

A Bud Shank chart would be a good thing...[/QUOTE]

The pick for me are the title track, Imprevu , Norwegian Wood, and Gotta Go which is my favourite right now.

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    [QUOTE

Bud Shank - California Dreamin'. Chazza purchase from earlier in the month. Just cleaned it up and thought it worth a mention. This is Easy from the very toppest top drawer. Chet Baker also featured. Despite some lingering fireside crackle this is beautiful.

[/QUOTE]

This sleeve just as eye catching in its own way.

Any particular standouts?

A Bud Shank chart would be a good thing...

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    [QUOTE=

I caved and bought Terry Riley "Persian Surgery Dervishes". The first disc is the pick of the pair IMHO.

[/QUOTE]

Also not without surface issues: not so bad though.

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    I have several times mentioned Piero Umiliani's "Africa" trilogy (on CD) as faves. Here is a close cousin. Some track overlap (different arrangements?).
    Where there is overlap the "Africa" versions are better IMHO.

There are way too many surface glitches here for new vinyl.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Well, I reckon, if 2 tits gets you banned for 3 days, a cover that bans you for 90 days must contain 60 tits.
    I'M the tit for posting it in the first place

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    Got to love the Cugat sleeve. Possibly too early, though.
    Yes, too early for Cugat, there's the occasional thing (I like Cha cha cha) but the 60s run of five albums from Cugi's coktails to Dance party is where his most abiding stuff is at. Apart from his drawings, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Carlitos
    replied
    Well, I reckon, if 2 tits gets you banned for 3 days, a cover that bans you for 90 days must contain 60 tits.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    could have been worse - I was banned for 3 months earlier this year for posting a pic of Electric Ladyland and you know how many tits there are on that!

Leave a comment:

• Carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

algorithm, I was blocked from the site within seconds of it going up
    Why I am not surprised? Homophobic, racist comments and pictures are allowed but the picture of a woman's chest is not. Bravo FB

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

algorithm, I was blocked from the site within seconds of it going up

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Those belly dance LPs are eye-catching. Sometimes such LPs have good not-so-obviously-dance-oriented tracks on them. Anything like that there? And how do they shape up generally?
    both are Mohammed El-Bakkar - the second one is a comp. I've got 4 out of the 6 in the series, they're not bad (and I've read positive things from people into Egyptian music) but they're not my favourites. Have partly kept them for the outrageous covers. They're not necessarily belly dancing music as such, just Egyptian music, from memory mostly vocal

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    that Bud Shank looks lovely.
    I found a very "well loved" copy of the Della Reese album earlier in the year. It's not as soulful as I'd hoped, I need to check but I think you have the best two tracks there on the 45.

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied

Della Reese - Who Is She And What Is She To You / If Loving You Is Wrong I Don't Want To Be Right Idled away a couple of impromptu hours in some real world record shops yesterday while the ladies of the house were doing some sales shopping. Was happy just to browse but this one caught my attention. A great way to finish the year. As far as I know I hadn't heard these interpretations by Della before, although they appear to be from a 1972 album of hers that is one my Discogs wantlist. Who Is She is great, but the B side is the track for me. Move over Luther and Millie, this is now my favourite version of this great song. A bargain too.

Leave a comment:

• Carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

they are both OK, the one with the obvious t*ts has just earned me a 3 day ban on FB so I should know better really,
    I actually thought the other one with the fancy inner was more graphic but I know nowt obviously, when will I learn?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X