• Show
Clear All

• March 2019 Finds

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_151225.jpg
Views:	1123
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1049661

Just bought a load of Greek records. Not been through them yet but thought I'd share this impressive moustache to kick the finds thread off

that Saga record peeping into shot is quite interesting too - the Eddie Thomas Singers - a US recording I think, presumably shelved (they have at least one other US LP) and so bought on the cheap by Saga. Not decided if keeping it or not, this was one of the highlights:

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post

Name:	20190303_151225.jpg
Views:	1123
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1049661

Just bought a load of Greek records. Not been through them yet but thought I'd share this impressive moustache to kick the finds thread off
      Tell me more.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

Tell me more.
        nothing too exciting, no 60s Greek bossa I'm afraid. Mostly folk, an 80s synthy Vangelis thing and one terrible 80s pop rock LP

this probably the best so far:
        https://www.discogs.com/%CE%93%CE%B9.../master/387337
        Yannis Sparos - Anthology

there's also a second volume I've not played yet.

Mr Moustache isn't bad

Comment

bits and bobs from a digging spree over the weekend

I have never seen a copy of this 7" in the wild before and was so pleased to find it, as it was the name of the film
          my parents saw and then decided that was what they would call me, still relieved they never went to see Heidi that day.

I found up a cheap load of old folk LP's on a trip to sunny Milton Keynes yesterday, on labels like Topic & Trailer but these were the pick of the bonny bunch.

the most unusual pair were these two

a 10" released in 1971

a beautiful album released on a label I had not heard of in 1965

This rare album was sitting next to a box but was sadly scribbled on!
          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
            This rare album was sitting next to a box but was sadly scribbled on!
            This is a good example of the rule, whenever you see a raer at the front of the box, you know it's because someone else has already looked at it and found it to be trashed!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

This is a good example of the rule, whenever you see a raer at the front of the box, you know it's because someone else has already looked at it and found it to be trashed!
              Yeah but the charity prices would to have to be pretty high to leave that, Biro scribbles or not?

nice folk finds there HG, dulcimer one in particular looks very nice

Comment

dulcimer one in particular looks very nice
                Worth it for the cover; she is so obviously consumed by the spirit of her music. I quite like the chimneys between them, too.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I have the Broadside and the Hinchcliffe-Ross albums. Both are well worth having if Folk is your thing. The Hinchcliffe-Ross is more of a split album than a duo, iirc.
                  https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

nothing too exciting, no 60s Greek bossa I'm afraid. Mostly folk, an 80s synthy Vangelis thing and one terrible 80s pop rock LP

this probably the best so far:
                    https://www.discogs.com/%CE%93%CE%B9.../master/387337
                    Yannis Sparos - Anthology

there's also a second volume I've not played yet.

Mr Moustache isn't bad
                    The hunt continues...

Comment

Name:	IMG_20190308_164642.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1049735Picked up a few bits. Salute Brainbomb for telling me abot the Movie Scene, big mindblowing b-boy version of Everybody's Talking, Dilla samples a la Axelrod on Gap of course, and nice Bardot cover on Nilsmen, The Rediffusion is prod by Bruce Baxter and has Groove Me and What's going on.

Comment

I did the charity shop rounds last week and brought home a few bits and pieces

Name:	brocki_lps.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1049773
                        Nice loungy version of 'Land of 1000 dances' on the 'Love is Blue', and mostly Latin sounds on the Hansi.

Name:	brock_xian_lps.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1049774
                        Somebody had handed in their Christian album collection... they're mostly shite, a band with drums, electric guitar and organ is pictured on the flip of 'Gen Rosso-Messe', this had me fooled as they are nowhere to be heard on the album. The best one is the choir of the offensive christians with an unfortunately too short bit of drums and organ.

Name:	brocki_45s.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1049776

Some surprisingly nice tunes to be found on these 45s.
                        Attached Files

Comment

My first vinyl oriented excursion for a while, and the pickings were slim.

101 Strings - "East of Suez" is way too tame. I should have known better.

5th Dimension - "Age of Aquarius" is fun but too lightweight.

Enoch Light - "Big Hits of the 70's" might contribute to a 'tragic older person's disco mix'. Or it might go straight out for store credit.

$5 wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
                            101 Strings - "East of Suez" is way too tame. I should have known better.
                            I don't mind this, my copy has resisted purges so far...

5th Dimension - "Age of Aquarius" is fun but too lightweight.
                            yeah... and the best track is on 45, love this:

Comment

It was "Sunshine of your love" that caught my eye. I had hoped for something a bit more off-the-leash.

"Wedding bell blues" is a favourite of someone very close, it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                              X