No announcement yet.

August Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuffed to find these nice demos for a quid each yesterday, particularly the Cheynes

http://peachfuzzforest.blogspot.com
    www.the-onyx.co.uk
    www.kernowbeat.co.uk

Comment

nice! thought that was the Beatles at the top there for a second, although the Peter Sellers surprisingly seems to be worth a bit too.

Didn't know The Cheynes version, have a huge blind spot on UK stuff (just had a listen and2 still prefer the original though!)

btw are you still collecting Devon/Cornwall records? Found this yesterday: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Welc...elease/4968634 , yours if you want it

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
        nice! thought that was the Beatles at the top there for a second, although the Peter Sellers surprisingly seems to be worth a bit too.

Didn't know The Cheynes version, have a huge blind spot on UK stuff (just had a listen and2 still prefer the original though!)

btw are you still collecting Devon/Cornwall records? Found this yesterday: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Welc...elease/4968634 , yours if you want it
        Purchased from a competely barking lady who had some great stories about the Kinks, Stones and Led Zep that you won't be reading in any official biographies anytime soon! Picked up a load more, but these were the best of the bunch.

Thanks for the offer of the Devon LP. Still collecting the Devon & Cornwall LP's, but have this one already. In fact I've just digitised nearly the entire contents of the Sentinel Records studio archive. Sadly 90% brass bands, male voice choirs, etc. and no long long beat/psych/acid folk. Still, a few mildly interesting bits and pieces tucked away in the studio masters.
        http://peachfuzzforest.blogspot.com
        www.the-onyx.co.uk
        www.kernowbeat.co.uk

Comment

Very nice haul, ESPECIALLY the Sellers ... a favourite in our house along with Goodness Gracious Me.
          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

All these Beatles completists pushing the price of British comedy records up. Pah!
            The Downstairs Lounge
            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Summer Wednesdays are good for car boots and chazzas in the Southampton area. Mid week booty's are weird, but pretty well attended and lots to sift through. These were the highlights, I've also accidentally started collecting Queen cassettes now. Not sure why. Anyway...

Brookfield "Giant Car Boot"

Calvin "Guitar" Brooks, test pressing of 'A Smooth Flight", included a hand penned letter, photos, promo materials, resume, press clippings and the record slung into a mailing envelope. Smooth jazz/soul stuff. Acceptable Withers cover with a nice little hidden drum break.

Southampton Oxfam

Six flexidisks, two Davids Cassidy interviews (different!), Pontins promo, 1957 TT racing, Humphrey Lyttelton, and Care Bears.

Penguin Primary Project: Your Body. Weird oddball 7" of internal body sounds, and voice expressions - my favourite being The Breathing game, "...two Eskimo girls, aged about fifteen, imitating the noises of circular saws". Amazing.

Human Heart Transplant. Scientific narration, not listened to yet.

Stef Meeder - Little Things, a classic for sleeve p0rn. Love the Oxfam attention to detail with the 'Stickini'. Top work!

They really love putting stickers on their records though... sigh.
              "Son, do you have something to play those old records on?"

www.rustysheriff.com
              www.myspace.com/rustysheriff

Comment

That Stef Meeder made it on someone's list of sexy lp covers on the ogs, some people have way too much time on their hands. https://www.discogs.com/lists/Sexy-C...n-Vinyl/291937
                'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Originally posted by rusty sheriff View Post
                  Summer Wednesdays are good for car boots and chazzas in the Southampton area
                  Is that where your from , if so my mate has recently opened a record shop within the Retro Hut , bottom of Shirley High St , its open every day but he's only there on Wednesdays so perhaps something else for you to do on a Wed

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post

Is that where your from , if so my mate has recently opened a record shop within the Retro Hut , bottom of Shirley High St , its open every day but he's only there on Wednesdays so perhaps something else for you to do on a Wed
                    Cool! I do the Shirley chazzas a fair bit too, so thats a welcome addition. Top tip!
                    "Son, do you have something to play those old records on?"

www.rustysheriff.com
                    www.myspace.com/rustysheriff

Comment

Visited my local record shop and the owner said he had a proper rare record to show me. This is is one off sleeve designed by the band leader. The other band members designed their own versions of the sleeve. A St Albans group who got together while at school in the 60's/70's.
                      Attached Files
                      eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

More pictures of the sleeve.
                        Attached Files

Comment

^ Yeah, that's a major OOOF!! Found by another Plusser several years ago, iirc.

If you decide to ebay it, please post a link here.
                          https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

It is not mine. Contact vinyl revelations in luton and ask Andy what he wants for it. Bear in mind this is a one off sleeve designed by a band member and its signed by three of the band.

Comment

bits and bobs from the boots

The first release on the mighty On-U Sounds label.

I've never come across one of these Virgin 7" promo's before (one of my rarer Virgin singles by Captain Beefheart has a special hand stamped sleeve)

Old actor Vernon Greeves wanders around even older English castles chatting away, as he does.

A pair of budget label issues featuring Duffy Power, Al Saxon and some really twangy guitars and 15 tracks between the two of them!

With a US issue in a gate-fold sleeve (the UK one is only in a rubbish single sleeve) and a Dutch version on yellow vinyl
                              and now this slightly s p a c e y sounding Quad version, no doubt I probably also have the CD and 8-track of it somewhere in the cellar...

The most unusual finds this week were a couple of mysterious albums on the EMI Central Research Laboratories label that was completely
                              new to me and with the words Experimental Record on them an absolute bargain at 50p a pop, even if they were gonna be rubbish.

The best way, other than playing it, was to check the matrix numbers in the run out but even these proved pointless as this one
                              with the number CWK 3001 on one side had never surfaced before. It turned out one side was half of the record Holiday Album
                              by late 70's new wavers Radio Stars, and for some 'experimental reason' the other side was bizarrely a Best of The Mamas & The Papas.

After a bit of research on this imprint I discovered only a couple of these discs seem to have been released before, one featured tracks
                              by Wings from Band On The Run and the other (probably very collectible) had tracks from the first Queen album on it. Well unfortunately
                              for me this one happened to feature the whole of this very common album by good old Manuel and His Music of The Mountains, damn.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Here are the vinyl fruits of my recent UK jaunt.

I bought the first on the basis of the sleeve. Comped by Mr Trunk in a Britexotica context.

I suspect that I have the Gerd Zacher. I certainly have the John Cage track. Possible gift/trade fodder.

The Jef Mike was recommended on the old site. I suspect that I am past this sort of thing now, but I'll give it a try.

I was very pleased to snare the 2 Ananda Shankars. However, again, I wonder how they will sit with my current emotional torpor.

The BA Khan was from the same cache as the 2 Shankars. The rest of which looked to be subcontinental devotional singing. 50 or so of them. I wasn't feeling sufficiently adventurous.

My intro to Prog. The sleeve is tatty but one disc is Ex and the other looks playable.

The 3 Takemitsu LPs are from Turboellis. An unnecessary, though very welcome, response to some of my freebies.

Also, not pictured, 2 Sha Na Na LPs for a work colleague.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X