October finds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October finds.

Went to my local record shop and Pete "Joyless" Jones of Public Image Ltd was there delivering copies of his new album and autobiography. I got him to sign a copy of his record and book.
    Attached Files
    eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Digging in Dundee I found this, there is scratched and then there is TRASHED mind you on Ebay this is probably VG+

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Rubbish LP anyway IMO, no great loss if you ask me! Too bad the inner sleeve isnt salvageable mind.
      Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
        Digging in Dundee I found this, there is scratched and then there is TRASHED mind you on Ebay this is probably VG+

Is the vinyl wrecked? I have a decent sleeve for this and some spare swirly inners too....

WF

Comment

Ah well its cleaned up ok under under the tap but don't have a deck here so won't know until next week but will let you know
          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

On one of my usual chazza routes today. One of them had a tightly packed crate of about 80 albums. I had been in there two or three weeks ago when the same crate was not so tightly packed but a quick scan told me the vast majority I had likely seen before - lots of hammond , tijuana , studio 2, 60s easy all in great condition but nothing tempting enough. So should I get on my knees and look through them all (mostly) again. Of course!.

Two thirds of the way through the crate I came across.....

Price sticker tells me it had been there a maximun of 3 days.

UK 1st Stereo issue in fantastic condition. Probably only played a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
              On one of my usual chazza routes today. One of them had a tightly packed crate of about 80 albums. I had been in there two or three weeks ago when the same crate was not so tightly packed but a quick scan told me the vast majority I had likely seen before - lots of hammond , tijuana , studio 2, 60s easy all in great condition but nothing tempting enough. So should I get on my knees and look through them all (mostly) again. Of course!.

Two thirds of the way through the crate I came across.....

Price sticker tells me it had been there a maximun of 3 days.

UK 1st Stereo issue in fantastic condition. Probably only played a couple of times.
              One of the first second hand jazz LPs I ever picked up - what a great sleeve.

Features Herbie Hancock on (unusually) the organ.

Comment

Nice find.

Comment

First post in this section...on my way back from a pretty poor record fair today I popped into a local charity shop and in the crate of easy listening and light classical was this little gem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Classic-Rock.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1051666

Comment

Something I would not have looked twice at. Why the discogs asking price, do you think?

Comment

Did you read the artist profile?

Heard about them years ago, but never knew they were started by Gavin Bryars

Comment

Distant bells, now that you mention it.

Comment

I'd pay $1 just for this track, no question.

Deathless.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
                            Something I would not have looked twice at. Why the discogs asking price, do you think?
                            The Brian Eno and Gavin Bryars connection.

Comment

The last few days I have picked up a number of Kronos Quartet CDs at $2 apiece.

I can't see that they have tried their hands at reggae. It would be interesting to hear them do a dub surrogate.

Comment

Working...
                              X