X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eine View Post
    Nice find on the Werner Muller!
    I was going to say the same thing!
    See, you don't get those haircuts on your mp3s.

Comment

How's that version of Chameleon HG?

Great finds as usual... am I right in reading you're moving to Scotland?
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

First three ...

A rare sighting of the red vinyl Everclear version ... I love this OST.

Last weekend, had a trip to Kanazawa with the Mrs. Only made it to 1 record shop, recommended by everyone: Record Jungle. Big shop. A lot of records. Sadly, didn't really find anything surprising, so I just picked out a couple of things. This is OK, but I won't need to hear it again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mcfarland.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1052135

I also bought this as it was cheap ...

Name:	tango.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1052136
        Very enjoyable, but not sure I need to keep it.
        ​​​​​​​
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Then after getting back, a friend messages me to tell me Time Bomb in Osaka are moving so they're having a sale. The sale had already started a few days before so I knew most of the bargains would have gone but I still managed to get:

Name:	blast.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1052138

I've had a soft spot for this since I bought a home-made CD of it from Jack Diamond years ago. This was a recent re-issue done nicely. That was about 3 quid, new.

Name:	fsol.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1052139

I'm quite fond of FSOL ... this was about a quid.

Name:	papa.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1052140

Interesting band. Saw them once live. Happy to get this also for a quid.

Comment

And lastly, from Disk Union online, so not especially cheap, the 1st Haxan Cloak 2xLP ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	haxan.jpg Views:	58 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	1052142

A very odd, dark album ... very foreboding ... the sound is exquisitely recorded. No surprise the guy has glided into doing movie soundtracks ... shame it didn't arrive in time for trick or treat season ...
            Last edited by Turboellis; 12-11-2019, 02:33 AM.

Comment

I think I have both Haxan Cloak albums bought at the time on release, pretty good but haven't listened to them a great deal.

I missed out on this one though: https://www.discogs.com/The-Haxan-Cl...elease/3773508 from memory it sounded good at the time, need to revisit

Comment

Found this strange Swedish prog album from 1974 yesterday for 50p

Samla Mammas Manna ‎– Klossa Knapitatet
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...KaNdPYxgtDOMaU

Unfortunately missing the sleeve and insert - it was in a black card sleeve, almost passed it by thinking it was a random dance 12".

And speaking of dance 12s, I did pick up a bleepy thing from 1989: Unique 3 - The Theme. A-side has vocals and a bit of a hip-house disaster, but the B-side has the instrumental "Chill Mix" which is slightly better but still a bit annoying, but also a track called "7 AM" which is a deep minimal Detroit style thing, plenty of sub bass:

amusingly "of its time" graffiti style sleeve too, including the text "Yo Bradford Massive"

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                  And lastly, from Disk Union online, so not especially cheap, the 1st Haxan Cloak 2xLP ...

Click image for larger version Name:	haxan.jpg Views:	58 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	1052142

A very odd, dark album ... very foreboding ... the sound is exquisitely recorded. No surprise the guy has glided into doing movie soundtracks ... shame it didn't arrive in time for trick or treat season ...
                  I find this kind of thing very mysterious. I have no idea when I would play such a record because, generally, I like to feel happy. I certainly don't want music to make me feel even worse about things. If I'm annoyed about something I can always put on something loud and shouty, and think, "Yes, world; up yours"!. If I wanted to play this I'd have to be thinking, "That's it; it's all over. I shall prepare the noose- and what a bit of luck I've got just the right LP to soundtrack my demise".
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
                    How's that version of Chameleon HG?

Great finds as usual... am I right in reading you're moving to Scotland?
                    yes mate, house on the market right now so fingers x the new year, just in time to be snowed in!

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

I find this kind of thing very mysterious. I have no idea when I would play such a record because, generally, I like to feel happy. I certainly don't want music to make me feel even worse about things. If I'm annoyed about something I can always put on something loud and shouty, and think, "Yes, world; up yours"!. If I wanted to play this I'd have to be thinking, "That's it; it's all over. I shall prepare the noose- and what a bit of luck I've got just the right LP to soundtrack my demise".
                      I'm completely with you. I dislike horror OSTs for that reason. But for me this is an exception. And I have no idea why. I just find it fascinating. Not often, but occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

yes mate, house on the market right now so fingers x the new year, just in time to be snowed in!
                        Which part of this fine country are you heading to?
                        'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

Check yer PM's
                          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by Davedave View Post

Which part of this fine country are you heading to?
                            Dundee (Broughty Ferry) a bit posh
                            The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Nice punk collectable from 1979
                              eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                                Nice punk collectable from 1979
                                A new one on me - off to youtube I go...

EDIT:

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X