No announcement yet.

January 2020 finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cool jazz from Holland" is pleasant enough 50's style jazz. There is a single by the Rod Madna Trio the ask for which is a respectable figure. Perhaps it a thing for is Dutch jazz completists.

Here's a question. What if your Lygeti's and your Penderecki's had gone ambient? What then? Eh? What then?

Well, listen to "Un Coupe De Des" and you'll have some idea. There are some nice textures, but after a while I want it to come to a point.

Is that because it is a failure or because my listening skills aren't sufficiently developed? Answers on a postcard...

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
      "Cool jazz from Holland" is pleasant enough 50's style jazz. There is a single by the Rod Madna Trio the ask for which is a respectable figure. Perhaps it a thing for is Dutch jazz completists.

Here's a question. What if your Lygeti's and your Penderecki's had gone ambient? What then? Eh? What then?

Well, listen to "Un Coupe De Des" and you'll have some idea. There are some nice textures, but after a while I want it to come to a point.

Is that because it is a failure or because my listening skills aren't sufficiently developed? Answers on a postcard...
      I don't know what he was thinking of; where are the flutes? Somebody should be intoning "Bring out yer dead"

The fish on the jazz LP are a delight.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Found this today in Bournemouth. Almost overlooked it but I needed another lp for a 3 for a pound deal in a charity shop Click image for larger version

Name:	20200128_213236.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	1053355

Comment

The rear cover looked more promising
          on UK mushroom label.
          Just goes to show don't judge an lp by it's (front) cover

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200128_213247.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	1053358
          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	20200128_213334.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	1053360

Comment

Yikes!
              Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Greek political folk, recorded in exile by Thomopoulus. Quite a nice LP, can go for a few quid.

Comment

Some seller didn't do his homework.
                  https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by richwax View Post
                    Found this today in Bournemouth. Almost overlooked it but I needed another lp for a 3 for a pound deal in a charity shop Click image for larger version

Name:	20200128_213236.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	1053355
                    You didnt ask me if you could go round my neighborhood charity shops
                    Nice find btw

Comment

Finally the junk dealer around the corner was open for a couple of hours today (I've been waiting a few months for this to happen). Pulled out a couple of LP's from underneath inflatable dolls and other sex toys:

Name:	troedler.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	1053389
                      The Clanad is an old want which I can now remove from the list.

Comment

Originally posted by reza View Post

You didnt ask me if you could go round my neighborhood charity shops
                        Nice find btw
                        Yes was there on business. Boscombe next to the hairdresser place. Found a nice SXL classical also as part of the pound deal

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                          Greek political folk, recorded in exile by Thomopoulus. Quite a nice LP, can go for a few quid.
                          Yes an interesting lp. Unfortunately has a lot of hairlines and lit of background crackle.

Comment

Working...
                          X