No announcement yet.

March Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll probably listen to it on YouTube before I hear the LP.

Comment

The cover is great, but the rest of their discography doesn't suggest jazz brilliance...

Comment

"Lullaby of Birdland" trots along nicely enough. And there is another that has a some pace to it. The rest strikes me as a bit bland.

Comment

Lullaby of Birdland is a good tune though. I think I even had a record of a mechanical organ playing it and it sounded good

Comment

Here's hoping the world gets back to normal and this isn't the last lot of mad old records I post on here.

Firstly, because apparently I don't own absolutely everything they have ever released, The Barron Knights ‎– Easy Listening:

The Barron Knights ‎– Easy Listening

A late period single from 1989, Barron Knights ‎– Wot A Mix Up!:

Barron Knights* ‎– Wot A Mix Up!

A bit of Summer Wine action, Bill Owen ‎– Compo Has Gone And Lost His Wellies:

Bill Owen ‎– Compo Has Gone And Lost His Wellies

From Glasgow, Clem Dane's Greatest Hit!:

Clem Dane's Greatest Hit!

A lovely little BBC compilation, Comedy Special:

Comedy Special
            This will form the cornerstone of my 2020 Christmas compilation, you have been warned. English With A Dialect And Irish, Scottish And Welsh Accents:

English With A Dialect And Irish, Scottish And Welsh Accents
            A charity shop purchase from local supergroup The Fivepenny Piece ‎– Songs We Like To Sing:

The Fivepenny Piece ‎– Songs We Like To Sing

Another George Martin produced Parophone EP, Flanders & Swann ‎– More Out Of The New Hat:

Flanders & Swann ‎– More Out Of The New Hat

If the apocalypse doesn't end then this will go down in history as my last ever charity shop purchase, George Formby ‎– Leaning On A Lamppost:

George Formby ‎– Leaning On A Lamppost

Amazing the things you have missing from your collection, their first EP, The Goons:

The Goons

Bob Grant's successful 1964 West End musical Instant Marriage, before On The Buses both made his name and typecast him forever.

Instant Marriage

A wonderful playful cover photo by Lord Snowdon. "Stately as a galleon I sail across the floor..." Joyce Grenfell – Old Tyme Dancing:

Joyce Grenfell – Old Tyme Dancing

The eBay seller didn't mention the flecks of white paint inexplicably splattered all over the front sleeve but I spent an enjoyable evening scraping them all off with a knife. So yeah thanks for that! Matt McGinn – Screwtops Are Falling On My Head​​​​​​​:

Matt McGinn – Screwtops Are Falling On My Head

Dublin-born comedian and actor Maureen Potter with Gaels Of Laughter - highlights from her seasonal comedy show which ran at the city's Gaiety Theatre for 15 summers.

Maureen Potter - Gaels Of Laughter

Mike Elliott – Out Of The Brown:

Mike Elliott – Out Of The Brown

Familiar but still extraordinary Sonia Jones vocals on the Brian theme, and the first of many vinyl outings for Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life on the b-side. Monty Python – Life Of Brian

Monty Python – Life Of Brian

Norman Wisdom And Ruby Murray:

Norman Wisdom And Ruby Murray

Outside Shelley Berman. This must be the third or fourth copy of this record I have picked up. And at last, it's not chewed, scratched, abused or defiled. Finally my quest is at an end.

Outside Shelley Berman

A remarkable achievement, That Was The Week That Was paying eloquent and heartfelt tribute to John F Kennedy. Written, recorded and broadcast within a day of his assassination. That Was The Week That Was: The British Broadcasting Corporation's Tribute To John Fitzgerald Kennedy

That Was The Week That Was: The British Broadcasting Corporation's Tribute To John Fitzgerald Kennedy

From Vinyl Resting Place on the top floor of Afflecks in Manchester, Raewyn Blade, James Earl Adair, Louise Hall-Taylor ‎– Watch - Music From The BBC Schools TV Series​​​​​​​:

Raewyn Blade, James Earl Adair, Louise Hall-Taylor ‎– Watch - Music From The BBC Schools TV Series

The Downstairs Lounge
            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by richwax View Post
              Wonder whether April 2020 finds will exist?
              Aren't we all digging online? I am all digging online.
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Aren't we all digging online? I am all digging online.
                bought a few new things before they sell out, but nothing old - in order to maintain domestic harmony I need to clear out a lot first which is impossible at the moment (have stopped selling and charity shops are closed) although might see if enough of interest for a freebies thread which would make a small dent in the several feet of overspill...

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post

in order to maintain domestic harmony I need to clear out a lot first ...
                  all too familiar a situation ... the postman's doorbell ring is starting to become a trauma ... but when I look on Yahoo Auctions and see something I *need*, the 700 yen shipping means I *must* buy several more items ...

HELP!

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Working...
                  X