May finds 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May finds 2020

That Clifford Coulter is a fantastic album, with ridiculous cover art, which makes it doubly great...
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

what's the Vicky Moscholiou like? I had a slightly later album of hers and it was a bit rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
        That Clifford Coulter is a fantastic album, with ridiculous cover art, which makes it doubly great...
        Yes, just what I like to listen to right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
          what's the Vicky Moscholiou like? I had a slightly later album of hers and it was a bit rubbish
          Don't know her, thought it looked interesting, will report back when I get home.

Comment

A couple of months ago I gave my friend Dave a copy of "Well Kept Secret". It being the kind of thing that he would like, or at least be amused by.

I saw him about 3/4 weeks later and asked him what he thought of it. He said he hadn't listened to it.

Apparently my face registered disappointment.

That is what he said when he told me that he had bought me an LP. To make up for my disappointment.

Here it is. I think that I must have looked very disappointed.

Comment

I hope you gave him a suitably quixotic expression for that.
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Comments in the "David Snell" thread lead me to believe that this might be too EZ for me. "Harp and Soul" looks to be the one to look out for (not there on Youtube!?).

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
                  A couple of months ago I gave my friend Dave a copy of "Well Kept Secret".
                  What is a 'friend'?
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Comment

KEEPING THE POSTMAN BUSY AND KEEPING IT VINYL!

Ian Wallace (3), Bryan Blackburn, Peter Reeves, Rose Hill - 4 To The Bar

Ian Wallace, Bryan Blackburn, Peter Reeves, Rose Hill - 4 To The Bar. An 'after dinner entertainment intended to be digested slowly after the caviar'. After touring it ran at the Arts Theatre Club London from December 1961 and then later at the Criterion for 144 performances.

Anthony Hopkins - Distant Star

Anthony Hopkins - Distant Star

The Four Sergeants - Bawdy Barracks Ballads Volume 2

The Four Sergeants - Bawdy Barracks Ballads Volume 2

Bernard Cribbins - Giggling Gertie The Laughing Traffic Warden And Other Favourites

Bernard Cribbins - Giggling Gertie The Laughing Traffic Warden And Other Favourites

Fantastic Planet - Carry On Columbus

Fantastic Planet - Carry On Columbus. Almost thirty years on and Carry On Columbus seems like a succession of slightly odd decisions, one of which was roping in Malcolm McLaren and Leigh Gorman to write and produce an electronic dance single as the theme tune.

David Davis - The Nonsense Songs – The Dong With The Luminous Nose

David Davis - The Nonsense Songs – The Owl And The Pussycat

POW Featuring Frankie Howerd - Oh No Missus

POW Featuring Frankie Howerd - Oh No Missus. A Frankie Howerd 12 incher (titter ye not) released in 1991 during his 100th or so career renaissance. Still keeping it real and getting down with the kids on a bit of electronic housey housey acid drop music.

Various - Gazza And Friends

Various - Gazza And Friends

George Formby - George Formby And His Ukelele

George Formby - George Formby And His Ukelele

George Formby - George Formby And His Ukelele Guitar

You may see a certain theme developing here... George Formby - George Formby And His Ukelele

George Formby - The Best Of George Formby

George Formby - The Best Of George Formby

George Formby - The Ukelele Man (No.2)

George Formby - The Ukelele Man (No.2)

George Formby - George Formby And His Ukelele, No. 2

George Formby - George Formby And His Ukelele, No. 2

Johnny Beattie - Tribute To The Kings Of Scottish Comedy

Johnny Beattie - Tribute To The Kings Of Scottish Comedy

Kim Cordell With The Bow Bells - A Pub, A Pint And A Song

I really want to go to the pub again! Kim Cordell With The Bow Bells - A Pub, A Pint And A Song

58 Moppen Katten

Dutch standup! I have no idea what is being said but bought this for the Louis Wain artwork on the cover - 58 Moppen

Charles Hawtrey, Nancy Brown, Richard Tauber and Carol Lynn in the musical play Old Chelsea.

Charles Hawtrey, Nancy Brown, Richard Tauber and Carol Lynn in the musical play Old Chelsea. Originally recorded in May 1943 and released on vinyl 38 years later in 1981.

The London Cast Of The Pajama Game

The London Cast Of The Pajama Game ‎– The Pajama Game. Starring Max Wall, Joy Nichols and Edmund Hockridge, the musical opened October 13th 1955, at The London Coliseum.

The Downstairs Lounge
                      http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                      http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

I went to a Louis Wain exhibition once, was in a museum room in Willesden Green library. Amazing stuff, but really sad...

Comment

I went to a Louis Wain exhibition once, was in a museum room in Willesden Green library. Amazing stuff, but really sad...
                          I went to one in The Cuming Museum in Walworth Road. A fascinating man and viewing the art together you really get a sense of his gradual mental disintegration. The Bethlem Museum of the Mind in Beckenham now has a permanent collection https://museumofthemind.org.uk/colle...s-william-wain
                          The Downstairs Lounge
                          http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                          http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Entrance via a catflap?
                            eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post

I love those David Davis 7s ... I have the The Courtship Of The Yonghy-Bonghy-Bo. I wonder where it could be ... I must hear it!

Legendary!
                              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Working...
                              X