X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
      There is a dearth of Brit easy in Osaka?

Or not your thing?
      I think I've had enough of it now. I'm a phase listener, and rarely get the fix I need from EZ listening any more, unless you count Mancini, Legrand & Baxter. They still give me pleasure, but rarely the more saccharine sausage machine easy which I immediately presumed Baker Street Philharmonic would be.

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

And speaking of Legrand, this turned up yesterday at my friend's shop:

Click image for larger version

Name:	R-10072647-1491132727-1488.jpeg.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1054389

I didn't know it even existed, but I *LOVE* this soundtrack, so was please to find this addendum. Both sides of this are not on the LP.
        https://www.discogs.com/Michel-Legra...lease/10072647

Comment

The clip Bongolia posted is their best IMHO. The ‘moon suite’ (or whatever it is called) has its admirers here. Their covers never grabbed me.

Comment

A very early start dug up a few gems in a packed field this morning, I awoke early and after putting the kettle on and looking up at the time then realised
            I was an up an hour too soon so went back to bed until 6:15 and then merrily drove off to sit in a queue outside the massive car boot in Northampton.

There were plenty of singles and one guy had 2 huge boxes at 25p a go, so I pulled loads including Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd and even an 80's re-issue of The High Numbers I'm The Face which was an unexpected treat but this 7" was the pick of the bunch for me as I never knew the French drink Pernod had released a record on it's own label before and it's pretty good.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooWV...ature=youtu.be

I saw a bloke dipped down over a big box of promo card & pvc sleeved promo CD's and started to dig when the woman said "these were my ex-husbands, he used to have a record shop, you can have the lot for £8" which was so cheap I couldn't haggle so just said yes straight away and the bloke who had been going through them was a bit miffed but he had a handful of them and she told him to just keep them. There were so many I have pulled out loads of compilations to listen to on my trips up to Scotland and will give a mate who is helping me to move all the rest. The smiley face sleeved disc turned out to be a great surprise, it's by someone called Dr. Coca Cola and it's worth the free download : http://www.duckworthsquare.com/AAS037/

I couldn't resist these which were all on the same stall at 2 for a fiver, the Screaming Lord Sutch is a keeper!
            Last edited by Head Gardener; 21-06-2020, 08:18 PM.
            The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
              [/I]which was an unexpected treat but this 7" was the pick of the bunch for me as I never knew the French drink Pernod had released a record on it's own label before and it's pretty good.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooWV...ature=youtu.be
              Now that was quite something. I wonder if they were imbibing when they had the eureka moment idea to release the record.

Comment

Here is this morning's haul.

The first two look to be local EZ. Falson has a tune of his own there that I am hoping will deliver. Though I'm not hoping too hard. The track list for the Castle Music Orchestra isn't promising; but a previous owner has written "rumba" next to three of them, so there is hope.

How good is the sleeve for "Souled on Him"? The sleeve notes say that they were inspired by happening sounds of the time. Got to be some heat there.

Clips I have heard by the Tokyo Cuban Boys have been a bit weedy. Will this be the disc to change my mind?

Not had this Enoch Light before. "Season of the Witch"! "Hot Pants"! "Explorations for Moog"!

There is a scuff on one track of the Ronnie Ross. And the sleeve is not good.

Comment

Comment

Listening to those Enoch tracks on Youtube I am underwhelmed. Store credit.

Comment

How good is the sleeve for "Souled on Him"? The sleeve notes say that they were inspired by happening sounds of the time. Got to be some heat there.

Clips I have heard by the Tokyo Cuban Boys have been a bit weedy. Will this be the disc to change my mind?
                      Nice font on 'Souled On Him' for sure but it's the parrot on 'Operation Xavier' that's making my day.
                      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Listening to those Enoch tracks on Youtube I am underwhelmed. Store credit.
                        Don't think I've seen that Enoch Light before - surely the version of the mambo from West Side Story must have some merit - I can almost imagine it in my head now...

Comment

Difficult to tell from the 30 second break I can see on YouTube.

Comment

Difficult to tell from the 30 second break I can see on YouTube.
                            Am I missing something GLC? Wouldn't be easier just to put the record on.

Comment

I’m in temporary accommodation. My stereo is in my permanent residence - far enough away for it to be a hassle to go just to listen to a record. I almost went this evening, but it didn’t work out.

Comment

I’m in temporary accommodation. My stereo is in my permanent residence - far enough away for it to be a hassle to go just to listen to a record. I almost went this evening, but it didn’t work out.
                                Do you mean they've tracked you down and you're currently lying low in a safe house?
                                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
                                X