• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

[Crashing in background as he disposes of ninjas]

And minding an ailing in-law.

Comment

Hits and misses at a couple of tip shops this week, I doubt the Scottish ones I'll soon be visiting will be quite so eclectic or fruitful...

Despite heavy racks of vinyl I only found a couple of bits in here.

This isn't all that rare but it caught my interest to find out what a Bond era Connery has to say on it.

This kind of single is catnip to me, I have yet to hear it though as I've already packed away my deck but I'm sure it has some merit.

All sorts of things turned up in these ramshackle piles.

I have the Trunk OST album but never seen this US copy with actual episodes on before.

I don't remember this version at all and I'm old! The New Seekers version is on the flip though and everyone knows that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XESsByYexQw

Rarest find was this 1st pressing (of only 250 copies) of the debut release by The Deep Freeze Mice.

The most curious was this Mexican 12" club mix by Jabba's Palace Band

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

This kind of single is catnip to me, I have yet to hear it though as I've already packed away my deck but I'm sure it has some merit.

Check it out here, then. Done by The Flying Picketts as well. An interesting blog. It's a long time since I heard (read) the words Deep Freeze MIce.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

thank you SK
          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

The most curious was this Mexican 12" club mix by Jabba's Palace Band

Wow! Please share soundclip or something!

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post

Wow! Please share soundclip or something!
              I can't right now as I've packed all the stereo stuff away for the move to Scotland but when I've found somewhere to live I'll sort it no probs
              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

it's not a Mexican recording sadly. Both sides are up on youtube:

Club mix:

Dub mix:

one of the arrangers is John Williams' son...

Comment

damn, well thanks for the links sir - the copy i found is a Mexican pressing though
                  The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Hold on! Let's have the official music video please...

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

It's got Salacious Crumb in it, which is one of my favourite fictional character names.
                      Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

A lot of singles this month it would seem.

The Dutch version of The Barron Knights – You're All I Need / Nothin' Doin'. For anyone wondering, the very 1970s font is Pluto.

The Barron Knights – You're All I Need / Nothin' Doin'

Ben Gunn - Wembley '77 Celebrating Scotland's victory of England and the subsequent triumphant rampage which destroyed much of London.

Ben Gunn - Wembley '77

Brendan Grace as Bottler – You's Are All Looking At Me!

Brendan Grace as Bottler – You's Are All Looking At Me!

Charlie Chester ‎– The Onion Song

Charlie Chester ‎– The Onion Song

Danny La Rue With Brian Fahey And His Orchestra ‎– Hey Neighbour

Danny La Rue With Brian Fahey And His Orchestra ‎– Hey Neighbour

Eric Sykes & Hattie Jacques ‎– Doctor Kildare

Eric Sykes & Hattie Jacques ‎– Doctor Kildare

Dick Emery ‎– You're The Only One

Dick Emery ‎– You're The Only One

Freddie Davies ‎– Meet Mr. Parrot Face​​​​​​​ ep

Freddie Davies ‎– Meet Mr. Parrot Face

During their mild psych phase, The Grumbleweeds ‎– Never Before

The Grumbleweeds ‎– Never Before

Without the services of Flanders and Swann, Ian Wallace – Wallace's New Zoo​​​​​​​

Ian Wallace – Wallace's New Zoo

Jonathon 'Adrian From Bread' Morris – From Me To You. Everyone's third (or possibly fourth) favourite Boswell sibling launches his solo recording career with a Lennon & McCartney cover.

Jonathon Morris – From Me To You

A double a-side single taken from the 1960 revue One Over The Eight. Toni Eden / Kenneth Williams – Send Me / Interesting Facts. The Kenneth Williams track is familiar enough thanks to Peter Cook revisiting it many times over the years, but what a corker that Toni Eden track is. Written by Lionel Bart at the height of his powers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=fBhyJjPEL4g

Kenneth Williams ‎– Interesting FactsToni Eden  ‎– Send Me

Leslie Phillips ‎– The Navy Lark. A 1959 vocal version of the long-running radio series theme

Leslie Phillips ‎– The Navy Lark

Peter Cook With The Dudley Moore Trio ‎– The Ballad Of Spotty Muldoon​​​​​​​

Peter Cook With The Dudley Moore Trio ‎– The Ballad Of Spotty Muldoon

Peter Ustinov ‎– Reads His Own Works​​​​​​​
                        ​​​​​​​
                        Peter Ustinov ‎– Reads His Own Works

Peter Wyngarde ‎– La Ronde De L'Amour​​​​​​​

Peter Wyngarde ‎– La Ronde De L'Amour

Rolf Harris ‎– Jake The Peg​​​​​​​

Rolf Harris ‎– Jake The Peg

​​​​​​​Roy Castle, Dora Bryan, Kenneth Williams, Derek Nimmo, Thora Hird ‎– Castle In Luke Street​​​​​​​

Roy Castle - Castle In Luke Street

Roy Hudd ‎– Artificial Jumping Spider Seller​​​​​​​

Roy Hudd ‎– Artificial Jumping Spider Seller

Tony Hancock And Kenneth Williams ‎– Wing Commander Hancock - Test Pilot​​​​​​​

Tony Hancock And Kenneth Williams ‎– Wing Commander Hancock - Test Pilot

1980 and everyone had to pick a side for one of the fiercest debates of the decade. Even The Wurzels ‎– I Hate J.R. / I Love J.R.

The Wurzels ‎– I Hate J.R.
                        The Wurzels ‎– I Love J.R.

The Downstairs Lounge
                        http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                        http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
                          A lot of singles this month it would seem.

The Dutch version of The Barron Knights – You're All I Need / Nothin' Doin'. For anyone wondering, the very 1970s font is Pluto.
                          Lovely typeface and a cracking song this. Their best non-comedy number(?).

A double a-side single taken from the 1960 revue One Over The Eight. Toni Eden / Kenneth Williams – Send Me / Interesting Facts. The Kenneth Williams track is familiar enough thanks to Peter Cook revisiting it many times over the years, but what a corker that Toni Eden track is. Written by Lionel Bart at the height of his powers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=fBhyJjPEL4g
                          Oh very nice. Thanks.

​​​​​​​Roy Castle, Dora Bryan, Kenneth Williams, Derek Nimmo, Thora Hird ‎– Castle In Luke Street​​​​​​​
                          Have you got a Record Breakers yet? A three figure record!

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                            Have you got a Record Breakers yet? A three figure record!
                            If you mean this beauty then yes I do. Full of mnemonic songs to remember the most obscure records. How many songs does Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakit anatahu crop up in?

The Downstairs Lounge
                            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Is that where David Byrne got the idea from?
                              North of the River Cole

Comment

If you mean this beauty then yes I do. Full of mnemonic songs to remember the most obscure records. How many songs does Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakit anatahu crop up in?

He means the 7" which is pretty good but probably not £150 good. Is the version on the LP the same as the 45, Agnes?

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
                                X