No announcement yet.

June Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In that case no! I think for copyright reasons the versions of Recordbreakers and Dedication on the album are subtly different from the BBC versions.
    The Downstairs Lounge
    http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post

If you mean this beauty then yes I do. Full of mnemonic songs to remember the most obscure records. How many songs does Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakit anatahu crop up in?

I'd like to hear the song dedicated to amusingly-named chronic sneezing record breaker Trisha Reay
      Trisha sadly lost her pathetic 164-day sneezing record to Donna Griffiths a couple of years later, who sneezed continuously for 976 days.
      Looks like Trisha simply didn't have enough dedication.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I can tell you it crops up in Conquer - warpath. Ultimate sampler ep. Hardcore from 93.
        First time I heard of it.

Comment

just looked that up - that samples Quantum Jump - Lone Ranger:

Comment

Amazing find!
            The Downstairs Lounge
            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Roy Castle's really bad at singing, isn't he? My dad hated him, "He's so bloody versatile," he'd say "Tap-dancing, singing, playing the sodding trumpet, playing the spoons. On a trampoline. Versatile bugger."

He was No 2 on my dad's list of pet hates, after the Clangers, which he'd just switch off if he heard them start up with the Swanee whistling. "I'm not listening to that rubbish" . I used to hope that the Clangers would tone it down a bit so he wouldn't hear them and switch them off. They never did, though.
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I never liked Roy Castle either babycart. I wouldn't say he was No. 2, but he irritated me.

I was a teenager when he died in 1994 and I can remember feeling guilty for not liking him, as if my dislike contributed to his death (???)

Those complicated and bizarre teenage emotions are rushing back as I remember...

I would still like a copy of the Record Breakers single though.
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

All sorts of things turned up in these ramshackle piles.
                    What happened to that MOOG INDIGO??

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post

What happened to that MOOG INDIGO??
                      What an inviting collection. I didn't even register the guitars at first ;-)
                      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I didn't get it as I have it already and can't buy everything!
                        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Nice font on 'Souled On Him' for sure but it's the parrot on 'Operation Xavier' that's making my day.
                          The 'soul' in "Souled on Him" is all to do with the religious content. No grooves.

No kickers in "Operation Xavier Cugat" either, perhaps surprisingly. Swamped by the big band sound.

Comment

Working...
                          X