Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedX
    replied
    It's in lovely shape and I'm very happy with it. Just been playing it earlier. Had a bit of a strange PVA experience though. Side one took two days to dry and when I came to peel it off half of it was already loose from the record and the other half, when I tried to take it off, went into extremely fine, staticky, hair-like strands and I couldn't get it all off. So I re-glued it and this time it dried in less than 24 hours and peeled off nicely, taking probably 90% of what was left from the first time off too but still leaving some residue on the first track. Will have to try again on that patch at some point. I'm putting it down to the weather. Unseasonably damp one day and warm and sunny the next...

Anyway, here's another one that landed a couple of days ago. Already had this with a different Cry Tuff label - one with a stock Jamaican yellow and white check design - so was happy to find this variant and happier to see the missing red section on the version side - I think that looks really good!

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    Originally posted by RedX View Post
    It was advertised as VG+/VG+ but looking at it I'd say it's better than that and certainly as good as you'd ever hope a 35 year old African record to be. Haven't played it yet...
    It looks in lovely nick.

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied

This is what he must have been dancing to as he tried to put the penalty taker off!

Damn - If I'm right I've scuppered the chances of a bulging July finds thread even before it started.

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    Originally posted by RedX View Post

Fun Fact: Bought it off a retired professional footballer who played in the winning team in a 1980's FA Cup final

The July finds thread will be boosted by all of us trying to guess which one!
    I misread it and thought we were looking at the 1980 final. Couldn't imagine any of them being the owner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_F...Match_line-ups

(Any mention of West Ham is a sore point with me at the moment).

Leave a comment:

• RedX
    started a topic July 2020 Finds

July 2020 Finds

(think this is the first Finds thread I've started)

On the doorstep this morning - well, inside the porch really. Can't say it was a long time 'want' because I never thought I'd ever actually find one, but this goes back to when Peel used to play the track "Kudendere" from it back in the mid/late '80s

It was advertised as VG+/VG+ but looking at it I'd say it's better than that and certainly as good as you'd ever hope a 35 year old African record to be. Haven't played it yet...

Fun Fact: Bought it off a retired professional footballer who played in the winning team in a 1980's FA Cup final

Working...
X