September Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Finds

I've picked up a mixed selection of 7" finds on a trip down south, I only came to Northants see my mum for a few days
    but she insisted on taking me charity shop hopping. She's got a great eye for ceramics and jewellery but I tend to stick
    to the things I know best and they're usually round with sound.

yes it's (probably) rubbish but I can't leave 20p records like this for some strange reason.

These 2 EP's we're sandwiched between some classical LP's, I was very pleased with the Moondog as I've never found anything by him in the wild before.

Lovely blue vinyl horoscope disc from 1960, I guess there are more in the set...

I'd never heard this this 70's Dutch summer tune before but it has a spookily familiar tune.

a Funky Disco classic

Scarce finger snapping tune from '63

Even Discogs don't have this single listed, it was the theme to a musical about Robin Hood starring Ronnie Corbett that totally bombed.
    The Garden Facebook Blog

Nice finds HG, what does that last one sound like? I have that Moondog EP, it's lovely.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

https://youtu.be/d_iHXGJ-tlI
      Originally posted by eine View Post
      Nice finds HG, what does that last one sound like? I have that Moondog EP, it's lovely.
      erm, say cheese

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Comment

Finally, after what seems like an eternity I've had some luck.... Managed to pick up a small stash of pop, soul, Portuguese twang and ace psych in the incredibly tourist spot of Tintagel. Given the thousands of visitors we've had over the summer I have no idea how these were still sitting there on the main street of one of Cornwall's tourist hot spots! Also first house calls in months, if not longer, netted a nice classic rock collection perfect for flipping to buy more records I neither need or have space for, but will no doubt buy anyway. The mono Pipers is staying with me though.
          Attached Files
          http://peachfuzzforest.blogspot.com
          www.the-onyx.co.uk
          www.kernowbeat.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

These 2 EP's we're sandwiched between some classical LP's, I was very pleased with the Moondog as I've never found anything by him in the wild before.

That's lovely. Nice find. I've never found anything by him out in the crates either ...
            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

That's lovely. Nice find. I've never found anything by him out in the crates either ...
              I've never even found any 'crates'
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Did the charities and came home with a few bits ... many of them shite ... but that's part of the game
                Click image for larger version

Name:	brock.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	1054958 Found even one I was after in Aphrodite's Child. The Hallyday contains 'A Tout Casser'. And if anybody wants the Golden Black Party let me know and I'll send it your way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brockiii.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	1054959
                This is mostly guff, pick of the bunch might be Martin Circus. Haven't listened to Saint Preux yet but a title called Your Hair (D'apres un poeme de Charles Baudelaire) might hide some potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

I've never even found any 'crates'
                  Maybe you couldn't see the crates for the wood ...
                  "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Sunshine View Post
                    This is mostly guff,
                    Nico Fidenco 'Guff'? It's a very stirring bit of guff.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
                    X