• Show
Clear All

• December finds

Click image for larger version

Name:	6 Dec 2020 057.JPG
Views:	683
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	1055674

If anyone could convince me to dance the sirtaki it is this cool looking fella.

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6 Dec 2020 057.JPG Views:	15 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	1055674

If anyone could convince me to dance the sirtaki it is this cool looking fella.
    Get your handkerchief out now GLC and start the dance!

What's it like? Instruments?

EDIT - ah found it:

Comment

looks a bit like Geldof
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Found a very cheap copy of this gorgeous album from 1998 featuring Charles Bullen (This Heat). It's intoxicating. Can't imagine why it hasn't been re-issued.
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Records I have picked up in the past few weeks mostly in auction lots, some in Northampton and one lot in Dundee,
          no prizes for guessing which country these few came from.

This caught my eye as I thought it said on the back that the drummer was Bill Nelson but I'd misread it, as it was Bill Neilson
          and besides Bill is a guitarist anyway so it was one hell of a long shot!

Volume 1 was withdrawn of course as it was With Kids

Almost taking the piss in such Scottish pants, I really am gonna have to start a 'Scottish vinyl' blog soon...

Other bits from down south.

His brilliant debut 7" in great nick, thanks Ronnie.

Quirky 4 track EP which I'd not seen before but I recognised a couple of the tunes.

This single has crossed my path before but not in this if... movie sleeve

I was well chuffed to find this pair of Century 21 EP's in the same box - never had a copy of the Daleks one before.

Never seen nor heard this one before either.

I didn't pick these up in an auction but found them in one of the many boxes of CD's in my garage after the move up north, the One Cut
          disc looks like I hardly ever played it and the top 2 are We Love You Records comps and all 3 have artwork which makes them collectable
          because of some fella called Banksy.

This was a sweet find in a charity shop in Arbroath last week, an un-played UK issue complete with booklet.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

You missed a pun about fingering on that bass LP!

North of the River Cole

Comment

I picked up an LP by Morricone Youth which covers a few songs off the legendary Danger: Diabolik legendary Morricone movie soundtrack. 4 out of 10 are covers. The covers are pretty good renditions, the originals range from competent to pedestrian.

Anyone heard any of the others?

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                Records I have picked up in the past few weeks mostly in auction lots, some in Northampton and one lot in Dundee,
                no prizes for guessing which country these few came from.

This caught my eye as I thought it said on the back that the drummer was Bill Nelson but I'd misread it, as it was Bill Neilson
                and besides Bill is a guitarist anyway so it was one hell of a long shot!

Volume 1 was withdrawn of course as it was With Kids

Almost taking the piss in such Scottish pants, I really am gonna have to start a 'Scottish vinyl' blog soon...

Other bits from down south.

His brilliant debut 7" in great nick, thanks Ronnie.

Quirky 4 track EP which I'd not seen before but I recognised a couple of the tunes.

This single has crossed my path before but not in this if... movie sleeve

I was well chuffed to find this pair of Century 21 EP's in the same box - never had a copy of the Daleks one before.

Never seen nor heard this one before either.

I didn't pick these up in an auction but found them in one of the many boxes of CD's in my garage after the move up north, the One Cut
                disc looks like I hardly ever played it and the top 2 are We Love You Records comps and all 3 have artwork which makes them collectable
                because of some fella called Banksy.

This was a sweet find in a charity shop in Arbroath last week, an un-played UK issue complete with booklet.

Those movie records look right

Comment

Probably my last chazza find of the year today, although we are not in tier 4 yet.

Have yourself a serious.... studious.... sober.... careful Christmas .

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
                    Probably my last chazza find of the year today, although we are not in tier 4 yet.

Vibes city Arizona.
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post

Serious is the word! Probably my favourite Modern Jazz Quartet LP - top version of "night in tunisia"

Comment

Matching ties.

Comment

Top right's letting them down a little bit
                          North of the River Cole

Comment

Some difficulty in loading pictures ...

The Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra - Viva La Feria ($2)
                            The Bob Leaper Big Band - Try This On For Size ($2)
                            Piero Trombetta - A Tutto Tango ($0.50)
                            Laurindo Almeida and the Danzaneros - Happy Cha Cha Cha ($3)

My record player is again in storage, so I won't be able to enjoy these for a while.

The Laurindo Almeida is a spare. "Mambo a la Teen" is a good track.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	28 Dec 2020 016.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1055824 Click image for larger version

Name:	28 Dec 2020 017.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	1055825 Click image for larger version

Name:	28 Dec 2020 018.JPG
Views:	214