• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Finds

Click image for larger version

Name:	18 Jan 2021 032.JPG
Views:	519
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	1056019 I missed out on the copy in Bongolia's freebie spree early last year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	18 Jan 2021 028.JPG Views:	3 Size:	205.6 KB ID:	1056022 Click image for larger version  Name:	18 Jan 2021 027.JPG Views:	4 Size:	219.8 KB ID:	1056021 For some reason the Cugat LPs I see tend not to appeal to me. This was a makeweight at the chazzer.

Discogs tells me the Pekenikes are a Spanish pop/beat combo. The picture on the back of a guy with a sax was enough for me to part with my dollar.
    Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 17-01-2021, 07:40 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Name:	18 Jan 2021 025.JPG
Views:	535
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1056024 I seem especially receptive to easy/latin 'flavas' at the moment. Will this find my favour?

Comment

Name:	18 Jan 2021 030.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1056026 This might be a grip and flip. Hodges' sound is great, but the material has never grabbed me.

Comment

Name:	18 Jan 2021 031.JPG
Views:	503
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	1056028 On the same label as the Aurora (young female accordion player) LP ('exciting sound of the latins') which I posted last year. There are a couple of instro's on here; I'm not optimistic about the vocal tracks.

Perhaps I should do an oz themed 'cavalcade of kitsch' CD swap at year's end.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	18 Jan 2021 026.JPG Views:	4 Size:	193.6 KB ID:	1056030 This is where yesterday started getting interesting. I've got two copies already, so it is grip and flip. It was from an 'unsorted' box in a record store.
            Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 17-01-2021, 07:41 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Name:	18 Jan 2021 024.JPG
Views:	505
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	1056032 Kahu looks happy. Was it anything to do with the presence of Judy Bailey on (Discogs tells me) her first recording? Chazza pull.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	18 Jan 2021 029.JPG Views:	2 Size:	212.0 KB ID:	1056034 I had no hesitation in paying $3 for this.

Judy Bailey there again. John Sangster on drums.

My record player is in storage again, so I won't be able to comment on the music of any of the above for a while.
                Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 17-01-2021, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
                  My record player is in storage again, so I won't be able to comment on the music of any of the above for a while.
                  You need a miniature London bus with a stylus on it.
                  "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I finally bit the bullet and bought this, second hand, as was obviously going to happen, while muttering "Should'a' been a perfect 10"" over and over ad infinitum ...

At least with my rip, I can separate the 2 sides in the place I like, and listen to just the "I Start Counting" tracks, which has consoled me no end.

Hurrah.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                      I finally bit the bullet and bought this, second hand, as was obviously going to happen, while muttering "Should'a' been a perfect 10"" over and over ad infinitum ...

At least with my rip, I can separate the 2 sides in the place I like, and listen to just the "I Start Counting" tracks, which has consoled me no end.

Hurrah.
                      If you're any kind of soundhound you could content yourself with the fact that the placement of the last track at the start of the B side will give it a better sound than if it were at the end of the A side. However If you're like me, and are generally playing the record in one room and listening from another, that won't matter to you one jot.
                      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Hurrah.
                        I was quite pleasantly surprised to find a 45 at a carboot sale last year with Dusty Springfield doing this track. And then realised I'd had it on an album all along...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoX4A5woox8
                        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

If you're any kind of soundhound you could content yourself with the fact that the placement of the last track at the start of the B side will give it a better sound than if it were at the end of the A side. However If you're like me, and are generally playing the record in one room and listening from another, that won't matter to you one jot.
                          I'm exactly like you, except that I play my rips more than I play my LPs. Oh wait, you do that too!

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post

I was quite pleasantly surprised to find a 45 at a carboot sale last year with Dusty Springfield doing this track. And then realised I'd had it on an album all along...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoX4A5woox8
                            That is a very nice version on a pretty good album. I've been keeping an eye out for either the LP or the 7" ... no luck yet.

Comment

I only just stumbled across this, and I must say I think it's rather good. Nothing startlingly original, but if there were gigs any more, I'd like to see them.

https://magicbrothermysticsister.ban...ystic-sister-2

Anyone else digging Magick Brother Mystic Sister?

Came out June 2020.

Reminds me of Axelrod, Electric Prunes and Alain Goraguer.

Comment

Working...
                              X