Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2021 Finds

I can not resist a Three Suns box set.

3 x 7" from 19-fucking-49! How cool is that? 72 years ago!!! It'll soon be an antique.

I thought it had one of my favourite tracks on (The Flying Red Horse Polka) but I got the title confused when I saw Donkey Serenade ... no matter!

It was worth the $500.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

It was worth the $500.
    Wha..?

¥500 surely ?
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

I told you I was a huge Three Suns fan ;-)

Comment

3 x 7" and 2 x 7" seemed to be quite a popular format for space age pop stuff in the US. There doesn't seem many multi-7s issued in the UK, not in the equivalent period, at least.
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Must have been just before the 10" format came in.

Comment

3 x 7" is a bit of a PITA. 10" is way better. I remember my Mum and Dad having Songs for swinging lovers on 2 x 7", but it was a vol 1 vol 2 kinda thing.

Comment

This was a huge disappointment. I heard the one mellow trippy track on the album.

Out pile.

Attached Files

Comment

OK, here's another fairly unusual format. Small magazine with 3 x 7" flexis from the early 1962 featuring Chiemi Eri, one of the best singers of that time. 7 songs in total! 60 years old!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-img1000x667-1611150902sx9bc223582.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	1056228

I'm amazed that they still play. Given the format they sound amazing.

Attached Files

Comment

This one arrived yesterday to leave me chuffed to bits. God bless Craig Smith and his self-proclaimed legacy caretaker and ashes keeper Mike Stax.
                  DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

A very lovely 1959 Peanuts 7". The A side I couldn't give a shit about. It's the B side for me.

Name:	peanuts.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1056244

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tAbaQXdoQ0
                    Attached Files

Comment

Name:	21 Feb 2021 019.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	1056269

DJ Kinetic is fond of this, so he says. In particular Dying You Destroyed Our Death.

But for me the "redeeming features" - acid guitar on The Lord's Prayer, vocal arrangement on Sermon on the Mount - bring no redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
                        A very lovely 1959 Peanuts 7". The A side I couldn't give a shit about. It's the B side for me.

Name:	peanuts.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1056244

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tAbaQXdoQ0
                        That's one hell of a horn. That's a first class track. Is that the reissue or is it an actual 1959 copy? I notice it is not highly sought after on Discogs but it's now highly sought after by me. I wonder if, back in 1969, The Peanuts could ever have envisioned somebody saying they 'couldn't give a shit' about one of their songs? I doubt it. I have The Peanuts Hit Parade LP and that's the sum total of my Peanuts collection. No pandemic there then. We are still stuck inside- an announcement is coming tomorrow.
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

That's one hell of a horn. That's a first class track. Is that the reissue or is it an actual 1959 copy? I notice it is not highly sought after on Discogs but it's now highly sought after by me. I wonder if, back in 1969, The Peanuts could ever have envisioned somebody saying they 'couldn't give a shit' about one of their songs? I doubt it. I have The Peanuts Hit Parade LP and that's the sum total of my Peanuts collection. No pandemic there then. We are still stuck inside- an announcement is coming tomorrow.
                          This one's a re-issue which I didn't realize when I bought it. I didn't bother looking at the cat number. I think I have an original too. The 1st time I bought it, I hardly knew any Peanuts songs. I bought it because of the Mothra connection. A side .... hmm, a bit tame I thought. Flip it over and ... BANG!!! instant infatuation.

Comment

Working...
                          X