X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2021 Finds

Well, it's only the 19th ...

Very happy to find this ...

Originally bought the Kleenex EP when I was 6 years old.

Click image for larger version  Name:	kleenex.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.6 KB ID:	1056433
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Our charity shops opened again this week but it's uncertain for how long. I made sure to get my foot in before they have to close again.

It looks like somebody brought in their whole Max Greger collection... took some with me and left some there.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	brockif.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1056444

Comment

The Dalia LP has at least one great track on it

Comment

Since you brought Max Greger up, here's his masterful take on Time Is Tight. Oh for a Lemon Ford Capri to drive round town to this:

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

And here's the roadshow. Tequila is on at 8 minutes. Happy times:

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

"Greger In The Night" has "Big Train".

"Starshine Sunshine" is probably the best Greger LP I've found (Time Is Tight is on that, and it's pretty solid as a whole), but his stuff doesn't turn up here very often

Comment

This is on the Curt Prina LP : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFKYMWBS2DI&t=7s

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                "Greger In The Night" has "Big Train".

"Starshine Sunshine" is probably the best Greger LP I've found (Time Is Tight is on that, and it's pretty solid as a whole), but his stuff doesn't turn up here very often
                Agreed on the "Sunshine Starshine" found it once never ever seen it again.

Comment

One of year of being locked up and I've been keeping myself busy despite everything. The money I am serving on train fare appears to be going towards records which is some consolation in these odd times and gives the postman something to do.

The soundtrack for Androcles and the Lion - a 1967 US TV musical adaptation of the Shaw play. A pet project of Richard Rodgers, it starred Norman Wisdom as Androcles and Noël Coward as Caesar. Patricia Routledge also pops up as Megaera.

Androcles and the Lion

Something a bit more intellectual than my usual fare, Bertrand Russell

Bertrand Russell

Wakey-Wake-aaaay! It's the World Of Billy Cotton! A cheapo light entertainment must have,

World Of Billy Cotton

A 1989 move from Tottenham to Marseilles didn't stop Chris Waddle's quest for pop stardom. In 1991 he teamed up with Basile Boli for the single We've Got A Feeling.

Boli & Waddle ‎– We've Got A Feeling

One for the Sweenyboppers, Dennis Waterman ‎– Holding On To Love.

Dennis Waterman ‎– Holding On To Love

The third disc in the Face To Face series that I have tracked down. Some splendid interviews with some true 20th century greats. Gilbert Harding And Sir Compton Mackenzie With John Freeman ‎– Face To Face.

Gilbert Harding And Sir Compton Mackenzie With John Freeman ‎– Face To Face

I have had The World Of The Goodies reissue for yonks, the original Decca release doesn't pop up quite so often. The Goodies ‎– Sing Songs From The Goodies:

The Goodies ‎– Sing Songs From The Goodies

You've Got To Laugh - 20 Original Sing-a-long Hits! Fun For All The Family! Simper times...

You've Got To Laugh

You've Got To Laugh

The Humours Of Bath - A Spoken Anthology of random west country literary works.

The Humours Of Bath - A Spoken Anthology

Kelly Monteith ‎– Lettuce Be Cool. A UK album from US comedian Kelly Monteith recorded live at London's Dominion Theatre, released in 1984 as his eponymous BBC sitcom entered its sixth and final season.

Kelly Monteith ‎– Lettuce Be Cool

Norman Wisdom With The Rita Williams Singers And Geoff Love And His Orchestra

Norman Wisdom With The Rita Williams Singers And Geoff Love And His Orchestra

The Papadum Song by R. J. Wagsmith Band, aka Mike Walling who played Eric in Brush Strokes, and prolific songwriter and session bassist Mo Foster. They would later have a chart hit with The Brat (aka Roger Kitter) – Chalk Dust - The Umpire Strikes Back.

R. J. Wagsmith Band ‎– The Papadum Song

Slapstick Of Another Kind – the OST. Starring Jerry Lewis, Madeline Kahn and Marty Feldman it was released in 1982 then heavily edited and released again two years later hence the two credits for the soundtrack. Described by Gene Siskel as "the single worst movie of 1984".

Slapstick Of Another Kind

A signed Tom O'Connor – A Look At Life. Maureen's loss is very much my gain.

Tom O'Connor ‎– A Look At Life

Wot Cheor Geordie! Two sides of North Eastern entertainment led by Bobby Thompson, and recorded at Durham and Gateshead Town Halls.

Wot Cheor Geordie!

Bob Newhart – Bob Newhart Faces Bob Newhart. Two Bob Newharts on the cover, along with what appears to be a young Marcus Brigstocke.

Bob Newhart ‎– Bob Newhart Faces Bob Newhart (Faces Bob Newhart)

A great way to end your degree course: a West End revue and a Parlophone cast recording. John Gould, Bob Scott, Adele Weston, David Wood – Four Degrees Over

John Gould, Bob Scott, Adele Weston, David Wood ‎– Four Degrees Over

The Gorbals High Society Clan – Bawdy Burns Ballads

The Gorbals High Society Clan ‎– Bawdy Burns Ballads

Phone for the fish knives, Norman
                  As cook is a little unnerved;
                  You kiddies have crumpled the serviettes
                  And I must have things daintily served.

John Betjeman – Reads...

John Betjeman – Reads...

Ruth Madoc With Children From The King's School, Ely ‎– Following A Star

Ruth Madoc With Children From The King's School, Ely ‎– Following A Star

Noël Coward – Reading From His Poetry. Cover photography by Yousuf Karsh.

Noël Coward – Reading From His Poetry. Cover photography by Yousuf Karsh.

Still a fairly serious folk singer at this stage, Tony Capstick – Punch & Judy Man

Tony Capstick ‎– Punch & Judy Man

Worzel Gummidge - Worzel's Song / Who'd Be A Scarecrow

Worzel Gummidge - Worzel's Song / Who'd Be A Scarecrow

And to finish with a flourish, a picture disc. What a glorious thing! Keith Harris And Orville ‎– White Christmas

Keith Harris And Orville ‎– White Christmas
                  Keith Harris And Orville ‎– White Christmas

The Downstairs Lounge
                  http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                  http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Bertrand Russell doesn’t look happy. Perhaps he foresaw Tom O’Connor’s pullover.

Comment

Name:	image_6371.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1056497 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6375.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1056501 Click image for larger version  Name:	28 March 2021 043.JPG Views:	1 Size:	150.2 KB ID:	1056499 Click image for larger version  Name:	28 March 2021 044.JPG Views:	1 Size:	172.7 KB ID:	1056500

Click image for larger version  Name:	28 March 2021 042.JPG Views:	1 Size:	148.5 KB ID:	1056498

I couldn't post these earlier this month as my desktop PC has had issues.

The Bali/ Ceylon/ Pakistan record is from the new local shop that I have mentioned. The same shop where there is a copy of the Baker Street Philharmonic LP for $40.

The Segovia was a gift from a shopkeeper. I don't know what prompted that.

I've toyed with idea of a Maori vocal themed Xmas swap CD. Maybe this year?

Comment

Name:	28 March 2021(2) 001.JPG
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	1056503 Click image for larger version

Name:	28 March 2021(2) 002.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1056504

Forgot to mention these. Meh folky SSW and ersatz psych, respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post

Name:	28 March 2021(2) 001.JPG
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	1056503 Click image for larger version

Name:	28 March 2021(2) 002.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1056504

Forgot to mention these. Meh folky SSW and ersatz psych, respectively.
                          Have you tried, with your ersatz psych, what the chap on Discogs suggests?
                          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

It turns out that playing an lp at 45 is a bit much for turntable.

Comment

The solution, of course, is to do a rip using Audacity and speed it up. I chose the track "Vibrations".

I can see what he means. A lot of the track bears the treatment pretty well. Inevitably though there were bits that didn't work - there was no missing that it was sped up.

The way forward here is to slow it way down. Slow it waaaaay down. Get that demented early 60s horror vibe. Yes siree Bob.

Comment

Working...
                              X