June 2021 finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2021 finds

This was pretty cheap on Yahoo Auctions a couple of quid ... never heard this before and am enjoying it on a slightly hungover Saturday ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	R-2010964-1519403146-1760.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	1056809

And this was from good old Disk Union ... a very good re-press on Tapete Recordsfrom 2018 with an extra 7" ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	R-12341455-1533298947-5701.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.9 KB ID:	1056810
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Delon smoking a pipe! Also wearing slippers?

$2 the other day for the MJQ "Under the Jasmine Tree" which I see has found favour with at least one site member. I'm not feeling it so far. I may try slowing the title track. Oz WRC sleeve is nothing to get excited about.

Comment

Some late additions:

Grip and flip for the Ekseption

Click image for larger version

Name:	7 June 2021 #2 003.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	1056819

Budget Adelaide label delivers unconvincing takes on TSOP, Love's Theme and He's Mistra Know It All, amongst others

Name:	7 June 2021 #2 004.JPG
Views:	592
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	1056820

I took a punt on this for the belly dance instro. But it is jerky and frenetic.

Name:	7 June 2021 #2 005.JPG
Views:	666
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1056821

Comment

The best thing I found at the car boots on Sunday morning, £2 well spent but tbh listening through can't tell the difference to my vinyl copy, a bit warmer maybe!?

also on offer...

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
          This was pretty cheap on Yahoo Auctions a couple of quid ... never heard this before and am enjoying it on a slightly hungover Saturday ...

Click image for larger version Name:	R-2010964-1519403146-1760.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	1056809
          Recently saw the film on Talking Pictures. I wasn't expecting much but gawd blimey, what a load of nonsense.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Recently saw the film on Talking Pictures. I wasn't expecting much but gawd blimey, what a load of nonsense.
            Ha ha ha C movie? 5.3/10b on IMDB. The soundtrack is great. Some very trippy tracks. Pleasantly surprised.
            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Ha ha ha C movie?
              Probably, because I think a B movie has to be one which, despite it's obvious failings, lack of budget, decent acting etc. somehow manages to surmount all that. Virtually nothing to recommend this film.

Comment

Mixed blessings at the car boots, the early one on a local football field got pretty busy by 8am with cars still coming in and records actually coming out.

Nice original pressings for a pound a pop, shame the James Taylor was stereo as I know the mono is pretty scarce.

A slightly damaged sleeve didn't deter me from this budget issue especially as the vinyl was super clean.

In the same £2 box as Muddy was a well cheese & biscuity Sandy album.

Anytime of year is good to find this seasonally name changed offering from The Boys - the Xmas card insert was a nice bonus!

A trip over towards Perth to what is apparently Scotland's LARGEST CAR BOOT and where a lot of folk have semi-permanent stalls
                where they store their crap, err stuff in shipping containers (!?!) and where the talk of the tables was that there had been a stabbing here last week, ho hum...

I took a pound punt on this shiny labelled bootleg by Leon Russell (quality turns out to be thankfully pretty good)
                I stood behind a bloke who pulled all the Queen albums out of the box this was in, but he mysteriously left this in it as well as the LP below.

It was the mention of Current 93 on the cover and the odd tracklisting that caught my little eye.

Only found a couple of 7"s today but they were cheap & cheerful.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

No idea about the music but I love that Esso sleeve.

Comment

I watched the film "the pumpkin eater" again recently - and was bowled over by the opening theme by Georges Delerue:

How did I miss that on first viewing?

Anyway - it's not available on record but did find this cover version and took a punt as it was not on YouTube:

Much livelier but groovier. Recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                      I watched the film "the pumpkin eater" again recently - and was bowled over by the opening theme by Georges Delerue:
                      I saw that as well. Never seen it before but it's top stuff indeed. I also saw 'A Touch Of Love' and, like you, wondered about the soundtrack which was a low key modern classical type thing with space and sparse orchestration by Michael Dress. It was bang up my alley so I looked him up. There is disappointingly little information about him online and only one recording available, his soundtrack to 'The House That Dripped Blood'. He appears to have scored 5 films around 1970, and did a bit of work for the BBC. He died in 1975, when he was only 40 years old and that's about all the information there is on him. If anybody knows anything more about Michael Dress I'd be interested to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                      X