Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2021 finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • July 2021 finds

    Last night on my way home, I went past Disk Union. The nearby traffic lights had just changed and rather than wait for 5 minutes for the lights to change, I went to look in the boxes of 100 yen records outside the shop. 30 minutes later ...

    Untouchable Outcaste Beats 1 (1997, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Unto...elease/1163959





    Hauntologists – EP 1 (2008, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Hauntologist...elease/1577461





    The Black Dog – Detroit Vs. Sheffield (2008, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/The-Black-Do...elease/1385759





    Senking – Thaw (2000, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Senking-Thaw/release/21095





    Plastikman – Plasticine/Korridor/Lasttrak (2010, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Plastikman-P...elease/2344305





    Rapid Transit - A Chocolate Industries Compilation (2000, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Rapi.../release/13969





    Arovane – Icol Diston (1998, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Arovane-Icol...n/release/3130




    DJ Wally – The Meat Beat Manifesto Remixes (2004, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/DJ-Wally-The...release/315097





    Monolake – Tangent (1999, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Monolake-Tangent/release/15783





    Appliance – D4 (2000, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Appliance-D4/release/159216





    No Movement No Sound No Memories – Removed (1999, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/No-Movement-.../release/25782





    Atheus – Das Ende (2012, Vinyl)
    https://www.discogs.com/Atheus-Das-Ende/release/4094305



    That's it ... mammoth cleaning at some point ...

    I know what me & Mrs Turbo will be shaking our booties to this weekend!
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

  • #2
    You could replicate the sound of most of these by overfilling your fridge, leaving the door open for an hour, closing it back up, and putting a contact microphone around the back of it. For Mrs Turbo's sake I hope there are no sharp knives about- or maybe I should be worried for you? Better stick with that Mission Impossible/Norwegian Wood thing which always go down well here.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

    Comment


    • #3
      Untouchable Outcaste Beats is a top comp - did the radio plugging on some Outcaste releases, back in another lifetime!
      FunkyDown
      Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
        You could replicate the sound of most of these by overfilling your fridge, leaving the door open for an hour, closing it back up, and putting a contact microphone around the back of it. For Mrs Turbo's sake I hope there are no sharp knives about- or maybe I should be worried for you? Better stick with that Mission Impossible/Norwegian Wood thing which always go down well here.
        Mrs Turbo has banned me from using the fridge as entertainment. She says there's only room for one fridge player in the house and obviously that's her!
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dr Rubberfunk View Post
          Untouchable Outcaste Beats is a top comp - did the radio plugging on some Outcaste releases, back in another lifetime!
          Straight to the top of the cleaning pile!
          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

            Straight to the top of the cleaning pile!
            FunkyDown
            Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

              Mrs Turbo has banned me from using the fridge as entertainment. She says there's only room for one fridge player in the house and obviously that's her!
              Have you heard the most recent Pole 12"?



              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

                Have you heard the most recent Pole 12"?


                I have now. Someone's going to put a brick through that track's window.

                Bloody hell, that's annoying, especially with a hangover.
                "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	18 July 2021 009.JPG Views:	0 Size:	162.1 KB ID:	1057005
                  This in the post from Dusty Groove. Not listened yet, but it sounds great on Youtube. A bargain at that price (unless, that is, there is an issue with the vinyl).

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	18 July 2021 015.JPG Views:	0 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	1057006

                  This from a charity shop yesterday. Much like Fausto Papetti (sp?) - even down to the sleeve art. His take on Carole King's "Corazon" nearly justified the $2.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	18 July 2021 014.JPG Views:	0 Size:	134.2 KB ID:	1057007

                  I wonder what I missed at the dollar bins yesterday - they had been added to in response to RSD. This was still there. Burrows, Sangster, Gaston and Turnbull in support.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	18 July 2021 010.JPG Views:	0 Size:	194.7 KB ID:	1057008

                  I already have a different pressing of this by Meirelles - I may sell it and keep this.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	18 July 2021 011.JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	1057009

                  This has always been too expensive before.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	18 July 2021 013.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.6 KB ID:	1057010

                  Four jazz bassists listed on the sleeve. And the promise of conga action. Worth a punt.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	18 July 2021 012.JPG Views:	0 Size:	164.3 KB ID:	1057012

                  I have mentioned Adelaide budget label EMS a few times here. Mainly for their ropey hits-of-the-day comps.

                  Here they are supporting the local talent. My guess is that it is country-with-rock-leanings. It'll probably be a while before I can bring myself to check.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 18-07-2021, 08:38 AM. Reason: Typo

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hope everyone is well and progressing nicely with their vaccinations - Freedom Day you know, the Mail says so.

                    As I'm still treating the government's strange sense of confidence with some scepticism (my prettier half works in the NHS, she has inside info!), I'm still only just getting out and about and maybe risking one mission beyond the boundaries of my village every couple of weeks. I've done hardly any digging in the last 6mths and most of my 'finds' have been found in the parcels box outside our front door.

                    I emerged, blinking in the light, last Saturday and went for a bimble round Grantham. Mainly just to get out and start getting used to being around people etc., but also to get a load of baked goods off the artisan baker on the market and to see whether the charity shops had got owt in.

                    I got 10 large crusty cobs, an olive sourdough, a fougasse, a chocolate brownie and these two:





                    Yes, the Rodriguez is the later pressing on Blue Goose, but you're hardly gonna yowl about that for £1. Funnily enough, it came from the Red Cross charity shop and I'm employed by a partnership of the County Council and British Red Cross, so I'm treating it as a bonus for all my hard work.



                    Jet Boy stole my baby.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post

                      Click image for larger version Name:	18 July 2021 011.JPG Views:	0 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	1057009

                      This has always been too expensive before.
                      Great soundtrack. I love it, especially the track with laughing all the way through. Never expensive here, but I'm glad you got a cheap copy. Soundtrack masterclass.
                      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

                        Great soundtrack. I love it, especially the track with laughing all the way through. Never expensive here, but I'm glad you got a cheap copy. Soundtrack masterclass.
                        Moan moan moan when I were a lad they used to show this on TV all the time moan moan moan and 'A Man and a Woman' moan moan moan and I can't remember the last time I saw either of them moan moan moan and I bought the soundtracks to both in the Soundtrack record shop in London's West End moan moan moan can you believe it there was whole record shop devoted to soundtracks those were the days moan moan moan.
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Click image for larger version Name:	18 July 2021 013.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.6 KB ID:	1057010

                          Early 70s SSW. Suggestions of Paul Simon ("Mother Earth"), Elton John, Randy Newman, probably others I don't know about.

                          "Temptation" has an easy rockin' groove with some nice geetar.

                          Deodato saw to the strings - omitted the funk.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Found a nice original Sahib Shihab for 1 Euro in a charity near Mum's house. Best find since my library haul a few years ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210709_155154.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	1057021
                            Attached Files
                            LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

                            HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

                            BUSYBODY FILMS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

                              Moan moan moan when I were a lad they used to show this on TV all the time moan moan moan and 'A Man and a Woman' moan moan moan and I can't remember the last time I saw either of them moan moan moan and I bought the soundtracks to both in the Soundtrack record shop in London's West End moan moan moan can you believe it there was whole record shop devoted to soundtracks those were the days moan moan moan.
                              Huh?
                              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X