Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 2021 Finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • December 2021 Finds

    Conquered my lethargy long enough to start a thread for this month's finds.

    Now I am exhausted!

    Picked up a very nice-looking reasonably priced copy of Faust's 1st after a very enjoyable interview with Jean-Herve Peron
    https://podtail.com/da/podcast/c86-s...n-herve-peron/

    A little bit noisy, but when it looks so good, who cares.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	faust.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1057850

    and a couple of cheap very nice John Barrys too ...
    Attached Files
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

  • #2
    Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    Conquered my lethargy long enough to start a thread for this month's finds.

    Now I am exhausted!

    Picked up a very nice-looking reasonably priced copy of Faust's 1st after a very enjoyable interview with Jean-Herve Peron
    https://podtail.com/da/podcast/c86-s...n-herve-peron/

    A little bit noisy, but when it looks so good, who cares.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	faust.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1057850

    and a couple of cheap very nice John Barrys too ...
    Re. "the whisperers" - not seen the film or heard the soundtrack, will need to check it out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

      Re. "the whisperers" - not seen the film or heard the soundtrack, will need to check it out.
      The OST is a peach! Don't know the movie.

      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

      Comment


      • #4
        Just before Xmas it was 'use it or lose it' for a day's leave. Moving furniture would account for the afternoon. In the absence of any other ideas I went to the dollar bins.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Jan 2022 031.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1057903

        Yes, I know that this is a collection of CDs. But memory suggested that "Draughtsman's Contract" had its moment. And so it does. The rest is a bit joyless, though.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Jan 2022 034.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	1057904

        Bossa, samba, mambo and what-have-you promised on the sleeve. We shall see.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Jan 2022 033.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	1057905

        This for a make-weight. One side has a notable scratch.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Jan 2022 032.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1057906

        Well happy with this for $0.50. Just when I was having doubts about whether it is worth the hack of going there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post

          Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Jan 2022 032.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1057906

          Well happy with this for $0.50. Just when I was having doubts about whether it is worth the hack of going there.
          I expect you'll be turning your lights down low and pouring a long glass of Dingo Juice when you put this on.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
            Yes, I know that this is a collection of CDs. But memory suggested that "Draughtsman's Contract" had its moment. And so it does. The rest is a bit joyless, though.
            I remember loving that soundtrack. I never feel like listening to it these days.

            I still feel very fond of The Piano OST and play that fairly frequently. Is that in the box?

            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

              I remember loving that soundtrack. I never feel like listening to it these days.

              I still feel very fond of The Piano OST and play that fairly frequently. Is that in the box?
              People rarely talk about Peter Greenaway now. He was all the go for about ten years and then it was like he just vanished. Apparently he's planning to kill himself when he's 80.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

                I still feel very fond of The Piano OST and play that fairly frequently. Is that in the box?
                No.

                I got a copy from a charity outlet a little while ago. Then lent it to a work colleague having only listened to the obvious track.

                Comment

                Working...
                X