Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekday Finds 11/2/08 onwards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by BeatsDeluxe View Post
    Just-Ice
    savage album!!
    Muchos mixes <<<<

    HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post
      Ive had 1 Robert Last LP before and i knew he was a drummer so figured it was worth 1 gold queens head in the hope of at least a drum break as a reward. Turns out its one of the best easy/vv style records I've got in quite some time. 1st track is a medley of "lucretia McEvil/Black Night/Jerusalem"which starts nicely enough but turns wonderful for "black Night" before spitting out a lovely break I'm sure someone has sampled or included Black Night in a mix as i recognise it and its driving me mad trying to figure out where from.... Else where it has nice versions of some other standards (Aquarius, Love Story, House Of The Rising Sun, Good Morning Starshine).... recommended
      Oh yes, I've got this but with a different cover - have a listen to his, frankly barking, version of 'Hey Joe' as well!
      Last edited by Lord Thames; 16-02-2008, 06:38 PM.

      Comment


      • #48



        That Jimmy Smith album is nice. listsned to it earlier today
        rick wakeman´s keyboard

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by wickerman View Post



          That Jimmy Smith album is nice. listsned to it earlier today
          I got these two albums over the weekend:

          The incredible Jimmy Smith - Live at baby Grand - Blue Note 1529

          Some piano playing jazz man

          Shirley Scott - Great Scott! - Prestige

          Some hammond playing jazz girl

          That Jimmy Smith is an original. Anybody have any idea what it is worth?

          Comment


          • #50
            [QUOTE=Mescal;214274

            That Jimmy Smith is an original. Anybody have any idea what it is worth?[/QUOTE]

            My price guide lists it at 20 quid. Generally I believe the Verve stuff is worth less than the Bluenote stuff; original Bluenote that is. In truth I reckon you'd pick up Monster for a lot less than that; though it all depends on condition of course.

            At first I bought records, then I started to collect records; now I merely accumulate records.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Magoorty View Post
              Found a pile of disco 12"s for a quid each. All from '78-'79. Been loving this stuff lately.
              Most interesting of the bunch so far are:

              Telex - Moskow Diskow/Rock Around The Clock (recognise the latter from that last DJ Shadow thing....bonkers)
              Moskow Diskow is an absolutely massive record... I'd all but forgotten about it - going to dig it out right now! Great find.
              Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by piglit'n'rolf View Post
                My price guide lists it at 20 quid. Generally I believe the Verve stuff is worth less than the Bluenote stuff; original Bluenote that is. In truth I reckon you'd pick up Monster for a lot less than that; though it all depends on condition of course.
                aye. usually about a fiver. not one of the good Verve ones either, to these ears. Living It Up, Respect!, Portuguese Soul, Stay Loose and (obviously) Root Down would all be much higher up the pile.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post
                  Ive had 1 Robert Last LP before and i knew he was a drummer so figured it was worth 1 gold queens head in the hope of at least a drum break as a reward. Turns out its one of the best easy/vv style records I've got in quite some time. 1st track is a medley of "lucretia McEvil/Black Night/Jerusalem"which starts nicely enough but turns wonderful for "black Night" before spitting out a lovely break I'm sure someone has sampled or included Black Night in a mix as i recognise it and its driving me mad trying to figure out where from.... Else where it has nice versions of some other standards (Aquarius, Love Story, House Of The Rising Sun, Good Morning Starshine).... recommended
                  Blood Sweat and Tears / Purple / Jerusalem as a medley
                  I will keep an eye out for this, sounds good!

                  Found sod all this weekend, apart from 5 boxes of minty mellow candle lps, all hidden away behind a secret panel in an old Decca office

                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Have to feed the monster.....

                    Diz is a spare

                    Sarah Vaughan does a nice slow version of Moanin' a.o.

                    Anybody up on The New Messiah? Prog version of Handel's Messiah, has 2 or 3 promising beaty tracks. The Rod Stewart - first by him I ever owned - looks like some live bootleg, nice instrumental take on In Crowd

                    Finally got my mittens on the "random rap" fave Freshco & Miz. The brown chick cover has a dope version of Last Tango In Paris. Lovin the super sentimental title track on Peppermint Rainbow. Top right corner is some groovy guitar playin a la Wes Montgomery, a couple groovy originals on there.

                    That's Jay & Kai ona french Savoy pressing, nice enough straight ahead jazz

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post
                      And if you look closely you can also see a bit of nip......... I think she may end up being included in my incredibly un PC "lovely lady wall"

                      I'm also from Stockport and I've got an incredibly un PC "lovely lady (LP) wall" as well! Must be something in the water...
                      “Shut up you little bastards. You’re all going to die but before then you’re going to decay. Rot, for years, rot, slowly your bodies are going to rot. Slowly, mind, just slowly, for years, slowly, and painfully, your bodies just give up.”

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by JGBollard View Post
                        I'm also from Stockport and I've got an incredibly un PC "lovely lady (LP) wall" as well! Must be something in the water...
                        Unfortunatly due to the heat, the blue tac holding them up has dried up and many of my lovely ladies have now fallen off the wall..

                        Always nice to know there is another vinyl addicted stopfordian, i think there is a quite a few of us on here but I've never actually met any of them.
                        Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                        www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                        www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X