Dan Hill sounds electronic South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hill sounds electronic South Africa

my best finds this year so far; eye candy from South Africa...all records by Dan Hill...sounds electronic series. Dan Hill is bigger than J*sus in South Africa, the guy has been recording since the mid Fifties and became hugely succesful with his medley styled electronic versions of pop hits of the days.
    Because of the nudity on the cover some of the releases were heavily censored. Bras and panties were added where necessary, nipples and underwear were covered with tape or black blocks

Nice finds Ive got a lot of them myself. In fact there was a load of them on the old vinyl vulture site.

Check volume 9 as there's a decent take on the Spencer Davis groups "I'm a man".
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I've got the uncensored version of '66/33 Sounds Electronic' - wonder if it's more or less common than the clean version? Either way, it's a nice LP!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames View Post
        I've got the uncensored version of '66/33 Sounds Electronic' - wonder if it's more or less common than the clean version? Either way, it's a nice LP!
        Mines an uncensored version too.

Comment

peep

http://www.rock.co.za/files/dan_hill_index.htm

on show are most of the censored and uncensored versions of the Sounds Electronic series
          the Bullseye cover is the best imo...still have to find that one

Comment

Originally posted by 453378 View Post
            peep

http://www.rock.co.za/files/dan_hill_index.htm

on show are most of the censored and uncensored versions of the Sounds Electronic series
            the Bullseye cover is the best imo...still have to find that one
            Great link....Thanks.

Comment

I picked up a few about 10 years ago when i was in South Africa . i think SE 6 has a reasonable version of grazing in the grass.
              Great sleeves! most of those records are a bit parp-mungous for me though.
              "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
                I picked up a few about 10 years ago when i was in South Africa . i think SE 6 has a reasonable version of grazing in the grass.
                Great sleeves! most of those records are a bit parp-mungous for me though.

yes, Number 6 is my favourite too. I rather like the parps on it.

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry to be the V.V equivalent of a street beggar but does anyone have a spare or unwanted copy of Volume 6 (Dirty version).

It is the 6th birthday of a night I run soon so this would be great for some of the promo.

Failing that would anyone be willing to scan the inner image of the lady with the 6 in (even in 2 parts for me to stick together in photoshop) in high res / 300dpi and pass it on via yousendit or something?

I would be very grateful.

I've never managed to find any Dan Hill ones apart from 33 which seems to be common.

If you can help PM me!

cheers!
                  I have a very particular set of skills...

http://www.paybacksoulfunkjazz.com

Comment

All of these are crap, right?

(musically)

Or is there any exception to that rule?
                    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                      All of these are crap, right?

(musically)

Or is there any exception to that rule?

musically most of these albums are dated and can be cheesy. Most selections come as medleys as was usual in those days

Sounds Electronic 9 has a good version of 'I'm a man' and SE 6 has an interesting cover of 'grazing in the grass' as mentioned earlier in this thread.
                      Dan Hill's 'Hits Electronic' contains good versions of 'fire' (springsteen) and 'I will survive'. Hard to find but worthwile the hunt

But the best thing about these albums are the covers for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Payback3000 View Post
                        Hi all,

Sorry to be the V.V equivalent of a street beggar but does anyone have a spare or unwanted copy of Volume 6 (Dirty version).

It is the 6th birthday of a night I run soon so this would be great for some of the promo.

Failing that would anyone be willing to scan the inner image of the lady with the 6 in (even in 2 parts for me to stick together in photoshop) in high res / 300dpi and pass it on via yousendit or something?

I would be very grateful.

I've never managed to find any Dan Hill ones apart from 33 which seems to be common.

If you can help PM me!

cheers!
                        Can anyone facilitate a young man?

Please don't make me buy one off the evil ebay...some idiots probably got it on buy it now rare £20.00

There are none on Musicstack.

I just want the picture of the tart with the 6...

If anyone can forwards me a hi res scan or even a sleeve they don't want (yeah right) I will swap for something honest...

Comment

Dan Hill does a bonkers version of long cool woman in a black dress, as featured on an Xmas swap CD of mine a couple of years ago.

Can't remember the album it came from though, it was some Argentine press...
                          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Flyer art

Many thanks to thread starter 453378 for providing me with the requested art to produce this flyer:

It was for one of a series to promote my upcoming 6th Birthday bash. heres the others all on the theme of the number 6:

Cheers!

Comment

nice flyers mate !!
                              Rockwell
                              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                              X