Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekday Finds 3rd March '09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weekday Finds 3rd March '09

    Picked up a bunch of interesting records yesterday – Jazz stuff, rock etc but the ones that I’m most pleased with are some library records that I found. I googled some info about the Capitol H-Q records but can’t find out much about the Synchrofox/Sam Fox records, anyone? I know some names on the Silver labelled Sam Fox Productions, Nino Nardini, Roger Roger but I’m away from home just now and can’t play them until I get back; are they worth hearing? vladislav.

    Synchrofox Music production
    SAM FOX PRODUCTION (PINK LABELS) 5 LP’s
    OK MUSIC LIBRARY

    SAM FOX PROD. (GOLD LABELS) 18 LP’s
    DEMETER MUSIC LIBRARY

    SAM FOX PROD. (SILVER LABELS) 9 LP’s
    TITLE MUSIC ETC. Artists include Roger Roger; Nino Nardini; Loren Wilfong; John Cacavas etc

    CAPITOL HI-Q LIBRARY
    ARDMORE & BEECHWOOD LTD.
    (Black & Silver Labels) 32 LP’s






  • #2
    Ive heard bits on the bay and there were electronic and spy type stuff. They sounded good and went for a reasonable price (£20-£30). Nice finds,record shop or chazzer?
    http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

    Comment


    • #3
      I've got some Sam Fox libraries on seven inch...very weird, cos some tracks are split over two sides, obviously meant to be edited together

      They all sound like high school big bands, recorded in a gym with one microphone- despite having titled like 'folk rock' etc...
      "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry not heard of these libary LP's but they look very interesting, and with the amount you ae bought the law of averages says there'll be at least a few tasty bits, nice find
        Geoff

        Comment


        • #5
          they do look interesting. nice finds.

          here's my lot:

          TIM HARDIN - 1 (lovely folky stuff with gary burton on vibes)
          ??? (part of a great trade package i got from Priima - chers mate- a fw good groovy tracks and one monster one with a good break)
          CAN - "soon over Bamaluma" (never seen this one in the wild - -pretty fun. bit late for my tastes)
          ??? (another from Priima - -brilliant mix of mroe traditional russian stuff with some organ wig outs, fuzz and oddball funky breaks. great fun)
          CZERWONE GITARY (maybe theyre most consistent LP - -a great listen for the most part)
          STRAWBS - "dragonfly" (traded my copy off a while back so pleased to find another affordable one)

          ROBIN WILLIAMSON - "myrrh" (ISB dude - again, i traded off my copy so picked this up for cheap. still not doing much for me)
          ALEX TAYLOR - "with friends and neighbours" (slightly funky country rock stuff. nice version of Taylor's "nightowl")
          WAKEMAN - "white rock" (picked up a second copy so i can rock doubles of "montezuma's revenge" - because i'm cool)
          BEEFHEART - "ice cream for crow" (always avoided this because of the later date - but its pretty great)
          HOT HITS lp for a wonky cover of "backstreet luv"
          Last edited by pencilface; 05-03-2009, 09:20 PM.
          Muchos mixes <<<<

          HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
            Nice finds,record shop or chazzer?
            Got them from a Charity shop. Worked out at about 50p each. All in excellent condition. Just can't play them 'till I get back home on Friday.
            The ones with Roger Roger & Nino Nardino look promising and I hope they sound promising too knowing their other work. vladislav

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vladislav View Post
              Got them from a Charity shop. Worked out at about 50p each. All in excellent condition. Just can't play them 'till I get back home on Friday.
              The ones with Roger Roger & Nino Nardino look promising and I hope they sound promising too knowing their other work. vladislav
              Nice again. As for me its dry as at the mo. I got a cheap Sun Ra single through the post on Decca,but it aint very good.

              Wheres them Birds Birds Birds?
              http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vladislav View Post

                CAPITOL HI-Q LIBRARY
                ARDMORE & BEECHWOOD LTD.
                (Black & Silver Labels) 32 LP’s
                Nice score - not even seen a library in a charity shop for ages never mind a bulk haul!

                I've had a few of these before and they have some great tracks but are frustratingly short. The ones I had were really well recorded if a bit parpy but they had some ace fuzz on them.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pencilface View Post

                  ALEX TAYLOR - "with friends and neighbours" (slightly funky country rock stuff. nice version of Taylor's "nightowl")
                  "
                  Is this his album with the version of "It's all over now" on it? If so a great version...
                  In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                  Eclectic Mud


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vladislav View Post
                    Got them from a Charity shop. Worked out at about 50p each. All in excellent condition. Just can't play them 'till I get back home on Friday.
                    The ones with Roger Roger & Nino Nardino look promising and I hope they sound promising too knowing their other work. vladislav
                    Nice one Vladislav - don't suppose there's a Jean Michel Jarre amongst the Sam Fox's ?
                    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vladislav View Post
                      Picked up a bunch of interesting records yesterday – Jazz stuff, rock etc but the ones that I’m most pleased with are some library records that I found. I googled some info about the Capitol H-Q records but can’t find out much about the Synchrofox/Sam Fox records, anyone? I know some names on the Silver labelled Sam Fox Productions, Nino Nardini, Roger Roger but I’m away from home just now and can’t play them until I get back; are they worth hearing? vladislav.

                      Synchrofox Music production
                      SAM FOX PRODUCTION (PINK LABELS) 5 LP’s
                      OK MUSIC LIBRARY

                      SAM FOX PROD. (GOLD LABELS) 18 LP’s
                      DEMETER MUSIC LIBRARY

                      SAM FOX PROD. (SILVER LABELS) 9 LP’s
                      TITLE MUSIC ETC. Artists include Roger Roger; Nino Nardini; Loren Wilfong; John Cacavas etc

                      CAPITOL HI-Q LIBRARY
                      ARDMORE & BEECHWOOD LTD.
                      (Black & Silver Labels) 32 LP’s]
                      Great stuff B!
                      That's karma right there for your constant generosity. Really pleased for you.
                      <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        picked up these few in the last 2 days from chazza,s...
                        quincy jones "italian job" uk og
                        mississippi john hurt "folk songs and blues " usa piedmont og
                        jimmy haynes "jet set lady" ja-uk 12"
                        rolling stones live 1973 (boot)
                        ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Some bits I've picked up lately, mostly from a local shop, the majority of the titles being handpicked from the same collection, not dirt cheap, but still no need to go looking for online deals ...




                          Bobby Timmons - This Here Is...og stereo copy, a classic piano trio lp...

                          SH Jazz Quintet - S/T - got a handful of SHQ titles, this one, as the earliest of the bunch (recordings from ca -63-64) being decent straight hard bop (their lps are stylistically quite different)

                          Harry Beckett - Flare Up - a great listen all the way through w/ a few whoa moments...

                          Bengt Ernyd Quartet - 1964-65; hauntingly beautiful 60's modal jazz from Sweden...need more this kind of stuff



                          Mirdza Zivere - Viena Diena Mana Muza; a cheap, mint flea market copy of this nice Latvian funky disco/boogie lp from the late 70's, loads of cool Moog bits on it, arrangements by Raimonds Pauls & Gunars Rozenbergs..

                          Art Blakey - Jazz Corner..;a clean mono DG original..

                          Göteborgs Musikkvartett - Aftara; superb Swedish modal/modern jazz, and somewhat rare/in demand, I think...

                          Appendix - Spacetrip; another Swedish winner opening up with a killer psyched out jazz tune, the rest of the lp being pretty much in a similar vein to Aftara..




                          Carsten Meinert - Musictrain; Danish private modern (modal/free/funky) jazz..

                          Sadowski - Na Kosmodromie; quite a groover, this, well known here, I suppose..? ..

                          SHQ - Nebyeki; SHQ with an updated sound (-72), still great...

                          Interjazz - highly enjoyable energetic & interesting Czech jazz set from 1970...


                          And lastly, a bunch of 70's Algerian 45's found at a flea market for pennies, a couple of them looks promising but i haven't gotten around to give them a listen yet..

                          Last edited by blue burt; 03-03-2009, 07:32 PM.
                          The aural history of the sex life of a cosmic corn popper

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Had no idea Sam Fox made library records too... talented lady.

                            Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

                            Mixes: https://m.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine54/

                            Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                              Had no idea Sam Fox made library records too... talented lady.







                              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X