Weekend Finds 17th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
    Is the Avon Cities track 'Slood Mood' or something like that?
    Yep. Great track.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames View Post

That Vero Nori looks extremely interesting - what's the full tracklisting? Any original compositions?

EDIT - Vero Nori appears to be an Italian clarinettist/saxophonist who played in the Hot Club De Palermo with Nino Rota in the 1950s.
      So i wasnt a million miles off with my fausto comparison....

I could be wrong but i think all the songs are all cover versions. The track listing is as follows:

Too Young
      Clair
      Whats Going On (a really good cover in that you dont recognise the song unitl a good minute in)
      El Padrino (which i recognised but cant place)
      Nicky
      Pardonee moi Ce Caprice D'Enfant
      Puppy Love
      Il Gabbiano Infelice
      Ironside
      Diamonds Are Forever
      Brown (which sounds like an instrumental version of Quincy Jones' "Hikky Burr")
      Concero Aranjuez
      Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
      www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
      www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

A piece of music called 'Brown'? Lovely!

Am I right in thinking El Padrino is the theme from The Godfather? A nice tribute to his old bandmate from Palermo if so!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames View Post
          A piece of music called 'Brown'? Lovely!

Am I right in thinking El Padrino is the theme from The Godfather? A nice tribute to his old bandmate from Palermo if so!
          Ah yeah, thats it. Just couldnt think what it was when i was typing up the track list.

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
            Ralph McTell.

Please tell me they're all crap.
            Nope. I like Michael In The Garden, its been on a few of his releases and is definitely worth picking up if you stumble across it for about the price of a steak bake.
            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

here's my recent stuff - -nothing especially exciting but its nearly all from charity shops for a change:

AFRICAN SANKTUS (ruddy heck! i must have flicked past this a million times... amazing album. beautiful field recordings in some parts, mental b-boy drums in others!! all mashed together like a wierd mix tape... well known here i imagine)
              FISTFUL OF DOLLARS ost (a nice listen)
              NEW YORK ROCK N ROLL ENSEMBLE - "reflections" (a nice listne all the way through -- not a patch on their "roll over" LP, though... i love that one. cheers Campag for the trade)
              MONTY SUNSHINE - "the wide beat" (thought this might be amazing -- but its just some crappy rag time jazz stuff)
              FREE - s/t (bought for the track "woman" - btu it turns out it was a cover version i was after. don't know who by though!! this is the best Free LP ive heard)
              VANGELIS - "the dragon" (van w/ a guitarist and drummer. spacey jamming from 71)
              *some italin folker* (bought for the amazing cover -- music is not to my taste. protest folk?)
              JON PENN - "music from easy rider" (mostly naff covers - -but 'if six was nine' is a nice fuzz n organ instro)
              BBC THEMES (stone fox chase)
              CLODAGH ROGERS- "midnight clodagh" (cheers campag - -the track "spider" is great fun)
              CHRIS SQUIRE - "fish out of water" (listenable prog from Yes-man. some grooves and a madlib sample)
              HOT HITS (silly cover of "paranoid")

plus some 45's:
              DDDBMT - "sun goes down" (lovely pic bag)
              MOMENTS & WHATNAUTS - "girls" (i ruddy love this, and it's so far removed from what i ordinarily listen to. amateur-sounding disco-y soul funk. sounds like it was recorded in a garage)
              RM EP "sure beats" (includes b-boyerrific BOMB THE BASS cut "megablast (rap version)")
              MANTRONIX - "Bassline"
              NME EP (from sept 86 - includes MANTRONIX's "hardcore hip hop" and a decent COSTELLO tune)
              GINA X - "no g.d.m" (two sides of killer cosmic synth pop)
              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                here's my recent stuff - -nothing especially exciting but its nearly all from charity shops for a change:

MOMENTS & WHATNAUTS - "girls" (i ruddy love this, and it's so far removed from what i ordinarily listen to. amateur-sounding disco-y soul funk. sounds like it was recorded in a garage)
                Fan of this myself. I'll take a punt on anything with that 'Soul Peeper' eye on it
                ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

Comment

Originally Posted by pencilface
                  :

Originally posted by BlackRegent View Post
                  Fan of this myself. I'll take a punt on anything with that 'Soul Peeper' eye on it
                  I gave this a spin at home yesterday. Always reminds me of my teenage disco years along with Jack in the box, Nine times etc.

Comment

FREE - s/t (bought for the track "woman" - but it turns out it was a cover version i was after. don't know who by though!! this is the best Free LP ive heard)
                    Was it the 3 dog night version? Thats pretty nice. I also quite like that Free LP, some nice tracks on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Muench View Post
                      Was it the 3 dog night version? Thats pretty nice. I also quite like that Free LP, some nice tracks on it.
                      no it's not- - its a really little tinny version that was on a jaymack mix a few years ago. i loves it.
                      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

i love this to!
                        the lyrics are just ridiculously hilarious! first time i've heard it i couldn't stop laughing. unbelieveable
                        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

I should get one myself too.
                          I used to like Daedelus track "Girls" (youtube) a lot and then I found what track it was sampling. I had already forgot it.

Comment

Working...
                          X