Weekday Finds 22nd June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekday Finds 22nd June

Wehey!!! Got the phone call this morning from Downtown Willie..."Picked up a big box of 60's-70's Singles yesterday, do you want 'em?" Expecting the usual guff....No sleeves, big box, started ominously with the usual Pet Clark/Hermans Hermits etc then began to get VERY interesting!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Got this big pile of Keepers out of a box of 400 45's!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

The Move.."When Alice Comes Back To The Farm"(Fly)..Marvellous, the only Move 45 I didn't have, and full of grinding Cellos plus Jeff Lynnes geetar. Better than Brontosaurus!!

Iron Butterfly
    " In-A-Gadda" (Atco) Gawd! Never really bothered with this before, in fact I don't think I've ever heard it! Heavy Rock in 1968??!!

The Herd "I Can Fly" (Fontana) Just brilliant, checking the Gunness Book this must have flopped, great 67 pop.

The Honeybus "She Sold Blackpool Rock" (Deram) Quality!!! Nice ballad, nice strings.

Paintbox "I'm Gettin Ready For Love" (Youngblood) Sounds great , nice stomping pop thing..Vanda and Young??

Chris Farlowe "Think" (Immediate) Groovy Rolling Stones song...nice to have on 45!

More tomorrow, busy finding Deram/Fontana/Polydor/MGM 60's sleeves so they look nice!
    Last edited by MonkeyHanger; 22-06-2009, 10:25 PM.
    "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Found these this morning at local boot all 50p,
    Shelly du pont & the calendars-stop driving me crazy/share my love,Tribune.Real good a side kinda titty shaker rnb thing,flip is quality too in a doo wop style.Not my bag really but this is gonna grow on me i reckon.
    The everpresent fullness-wild about my lovin/doin a number,White whale.All about the b side here,a real raw harmonica garage sound.
    The genesis with maryann farra-Societys child/one day boy,Rare bird records.A real garage rockish sound,societys child is an amazing cover of janis ian track.Got two of these one demo,one stock.
    Clodagh rodgers-spider,rca.Some nice fuzz on this one that i didnt know.

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth View Post
      The genesis with maryann farra-Societys child/one day boy,Rare bird records.A real garage rockish sound,societys child is an amazing cover of janis ian track.Got two of these one demo,one stock.
      That's weird - I picked one of these up a few months ago from a bloke who had quantity, where have they all come from?
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

That is strange,these come from a local guy who bought a big collection from a dealer and is now going to sell the lot at boot.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyHanger View Post

Paintbox "I'm Gettin Ready For Love" (Youngblood) Sounds great , nice stomping pop thing..Vanda and Young??
          Nice single, often described as "Northern". The Young in Vanda and Young is none other than one of the Young brothers from AC/DC.
          The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
          Vault mint

Comment

A couple of new finds.

I have been visiting the site for ages and always love the new posts section so I thought it was about time that I stopped being such a nosey little shit, share some love and actually post something up myself. So here goes. I haven't quiet got the hang of the whole layout thing (as you can see) but hey ho, I tried.

The reggae bits and the Stockhausen LP I found at a local bootie, a couple of quid a pop. Can't be bad.

The Dr John LP and the Don Rendell 7" I stumbled across in the wild at a local chazza.

The rest; (The Vacuum Cleaner LP, The Wynder K Frog, The Peter Thomas and the Terry Durham) are a combination of finds from Record and Tape and the Bay.

I hope this is a respectable enough first post. Apologies again for the shit layout

Thanks Folks
            Attached Files
            Swearing is the last refuge for the inarticulate prick: Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Hunting View Post
              I have been visiting the site for ages and always love the new posts section so I thought it was about time that I stopped being such a nosey little shit, share some love and actually post something up myself. So here goes. I haven't quiet got the hang of the whole layout thing (as you can see) but hey ho, I tried.

The reggae bits and the Stockhausen LP I found at a local bootie, a couple of quid a pop. Can't be bad.

The Dr John LP and the Don Rendell 7" I stumbled across in the wild at a local chazza.

The rest; (The Vacuum Cleaner LP, The Wynder K Frog, The Peter Thomas and the Terry Durham) are a combination of finds from Record and Tape and the Bay.

I hope this is a respectable enough first post. Apologies again for the shit layout

Thanks Folks
              Welcome along mate....nice finds, some of my faves in there Zoo, Terry Durham, Wynder K frog etc.

BTW you should perhaps introduce yourself on the "hello peeps" thread.
              Last edited by mr sayers; 23-06-2009, 11:14 PM.
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

welcome!

I'm spinning that Zoo album NOW. It's a killer. Plus the Terry Durham is a nice find - still only got the CD version.
                YouTube

Comment

welcome welcome welcome.

Hey, Happy Hunting, you're definitely living up to your name with some of those finds. You should follow Mr Sayers' advice on the intro front, there's plenty of peeps said hello already.

This thread HAS BEEN miraculously and mysteriously moulded melded and merged (yes folks, Tuesday night is alliteration night round here) with the most recent big "look at my records this week" thread.
                  Last edited by alanmck; 24-06-2009, 02:46 PM. Reason: i keep my promises

Comment

The Young in Vanda and Young is none other than one of the Young brothers from AC/DC.
                    Not quite! it's George Young, the uncle of Malcolm and Angus who only played bass with the band for the briefest of moments and not on vinyl. He's better known for being in the Easybeats, (or Flash In The Pan or Marcus Hook Roll Band). He also helped produce a few AC/DC albums.

Comment

I suppose it is vaguely "Northern", sounds rather like Johnny Johnson and The Bandwagons Bell stuff. Really enjoying it considering 3 days ago I'd never heard of it.
                      "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Comment

Duly done. Thanks for the warm welcome.
                        Swearing is the last refuge for the inarticulate prick: Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
                        X